Martial has got to remain at United | No, he hasn't been unfollowing United players on Instagram

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
I can't believe some of the shite I'm reading - Martial is a potential future Bal'on dor winner, yes his ceiling is that high at the age of 21. Thinking we should sideline him for a 30-year-old Sanchez is the sort of decision to had us buying Pogba back for 90 million quid. The shortsighted and frankly idiotic posting in this place sometimes. mindboggling stuff.

Mourinho has always been a terrible man-manager unable to handle mercurial talents - see De Bruyne and Salah - and really ask yourself if you think Martial should continue being treated as he currently is.
I think if Martial’s happy playing a sub role next season if Sanchez steps up then he’ll turn out to be our best player the year after. He’s only 21/22, he has time to grow!

Would be devestated if he left.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
For his sake, I hope he leaves at the end of the season and smashes it somewhere else. He's not getting anywhere at Manchester United and he needs to play more to realize some of his potential. I can't wait to see him in an offensive-minded team, playing with confidence without the fear of going from regular starter to non-existent within a week. I'm not sure he'll ever realize his full potential, but he definitely has more of a chance of doing that outside of Manchester. To renew his contract with the team would be the stupidest move for his career, it's good that he's held off all this time and I think he's realizing that. Mourinho is not the right coach for Martial, and Martial is not the right player for Mourinho. I can't see him being okay being a bench player for Sanchez or anyone, and if he was he's not ambitious enough to succeed at this club or any other top ones so either way both parties are better off.

432JuanMata

For his sake, I hope he leaves at the end of the season and smashes it somewhere else. He's not getting anywhere at Manchester United and he needs to play more to realize some of his potential. I can't wait to see him in an offensive-minded team, playing with confidence without the fear of going from regular starter to non-existent within a week. I'm not sure he'll ever realize his full potential, but he definitely has more of a chance of doing that outside of Manchester. To renew his contract with the team would be the stupidest move for his career, it's good that he's held off all this time and I think he's realizing that. Mourinho is not the right coach for Martial, and Martial is not the right player for Mourinho. I can't see him being okay being a bench player for Sanchez or anyone, and if he was he's not ambitious enough to succeed at this club or any other top ones so either way both parties are better off.
I agree with it probably best for both if he leaves. I love Martial as much as the next person but at this moment Sanchez is a better player and Martial will do well to get Sanchez’s level throughout his career.

I hope Martial stays and fights for his place and keeps progressing as he has all the tools just needs to put them all together. Though most people want a title challenge/winning it next season and I think sanchez on the left and brining in a right winger will put us there abouts. Mourinho isn’t the best with young players man management wise but gets the best out of experienced/primed players.

I love Martial hope he stays but if not get a natural right winger and if he leaves so be it

Mourinho has always been a terrible man-manager unable to handle mercurial talents - see De Bruyne and Salah - and really ask yourself if you think Martial should continue being treated as he currently is.
Yeah let’s just pick out the two anomolies and ignore...

Deco, Schneider, Ronaldo’s best ever scoring season, Drogba, Robben, Lampard, Modric, Zlatan, Özil, Di Maria.

Sounds about right @The_Order

Hojoon

Martial's a great talent but he's not close to a Ballon D'or, from France alone there are 3 more talented players (Mbappe, Dembele, Lemar).

Mr PG

There wouldn't be an issue if Jose subbed Lukaku more often. Selling Martial would be pretty poor treatment and leave us with Rashford as our main LW once Sanchez declines, which I don't see working anyway. Unless he wants to leave (wouldn't surprise me at all), we shouldn't sell him. If the club's desperate for Rashford to make it here, let him properly deputise for Lukaku instead of only playing him at striker once in a blue moon.
I agree with this. Lukaku should share his minutes with Rashford upfront and Sanchez with Martial on the left wing. It’s the only way to keep both here.

R'hllor

Martial`s future in United shouldnt be in JM`s hands, no fecking way. Same goes when it comes to TFM, Axel etc. He wants to open space for his new RB/LB (for example), sure, go and get rid of his beloved seniors like Young/Valencia/Darmian etc.

beycont

I can't believe some of the shite I'm reading - Martial is a potential future Bal'on dor winner, yes his ceiling is that high at the age of 21. Thinking we should sideline him for a 30-year-old Sanchez is the sort of decision to had us buying Pogba back for 90 million quid. The shortsighted and frankly idiotic posting in this place sometimes. mindboggling stuff.

Yeah. And also the fact that you dislike Mourinho.

maniwin

Chelsea fans didn't complain when Mourinho sold them, they didn't light EPL and Chelsea still end up winning title. I couldn't care less if he sold Martial but win us EPL next season.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
He is not going to stay. He is second fiddle to Sanchez and the 4-3-3 system seems to get the best out of our highest paid players. It unfortunate, but shite happens. Best to sell him while he is still valuable and put that money towards a promising right wide attacker like Leon Bailey or even Mahrez. Will not be surprised if he does well elsewhere and Mourinho get criticized.

FerociousCorgis

He doesn't. He relies on his technical abilities such as picking out passes, crossing and finishing.

I can't even imagine Martial even getting close to intercepting the ball here in the build up to our goal. Getting outworked by a "30 year old", is even worse.

i cant imagine martial being a part of a team that doesnt even get a shot attempt off in a half against city. Also maybe if sanchez would stop losing the ball so damn much he wouldnt have to continually work hard to get it back? Some people on here get it that since sanchez has arrived we have shunted two players who are not only similar in talent to him but much younger off to the side with rashford and martial. With the pressure on mou to win next season wouldnt be surprised if we add more old players then get shafted when mou leaves after his 3rd season per usual.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
He is not going to stay. He is second fiddle to Sanchez and the 4-3-3 system seems to get the best out of our highest paid players. It unfortunate, but shite happens. Best to sell him while he is still valuable and put that money towards a promising right wide attacker like Leon Bailey or even Mahrez. Will not be surprised if he does well elsewhere and Mourinho get criticized.
Rashford is second fiddle to Sanchez. Martial is more like third fiddle at this point.

BalanceUnAutreJoint

I don't think Martial is ever going to win a ballon d'or or to hit Ronaldo level figures, that ship has sailed, that said he's still a player we should look to keep at all cost, what should worry us is more so that I'm not sure he's improved at the rate he should have and I honestly can't tell if It's on him or on the manager.

manutddjw

Unfortunately I don’t see this having a happy ending. I think the straw that will break the camels back will be him being left out of the World Cup squad.

The other thing that is likely to happen is some paper will leak that he had a bad attitude and when questioned about selling him we’ll be told that he wanted to leave which is true but the circumstances will be ignored. Of course he’ll play well elsewhere and when we rightly complain about selling a young talent with all the potential in the world, the bad attitude which will never be substantiated and the he wanted to leave will he used as a defense for a stupid decision.

Also unless he does well in any other league other than the premier league or against Barcelona or Real Madrid, rest assured it means nothing because every other league is a Mickey Mouse league or Championship standard.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Rashford is second fiddle to Sanchez. Martial is more like third fiddle at this point.
Yea, that is even more unfortunate. Such a talented player aswell. I would love to see United try a 4-2-2-2 system to try and incorporate Sanchez, Pogba and Martial. However, I do not believe a midfield two of Pogba and Matic will get the best out of Pogba. If Martial does stay, I would love to see how Mourinho will incorporate him that will get the best out of Sanchez and Pogba. Even though many says put Sanchez on the right/center or Martial on the right, I don’t see that getting the best out of those players.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout

Yeah, that Fergie was shite at it too - see Pique and Forlan.

Also, what exactly does your use of 'mercurial' mean here?

simonj66

Yea, that is even more unfortunate. Such a talented player aswell. I would love to see United try a 4-2-2-2 system to try and incorporate Sanchez, Pogba and Martial. However, I do not believe a midfield two of Pogba and Matic will get the best out of Pogba. If Martial does stay, I would love to see how Mourinho will incorporate him that will get the best out of Sanchez and Pogba. Even though many says put Sanchez on the right/center or Martial on the right, I don’t see that getting the best out of those players.
Must he be forced into the starting line up. He is good enough from the bench, quality is also needed to be on the bench. We need to get our attacking trio. Which is why a RW is needed .

borrays

Sanchez will be 30 not sure why people talk him like he'll be the long term option, he was signed to give us instant boost of quality, experience, and shield younger players from too much responsibility. People could talk about young Ronaldo, Rooney but don't forget SAF also had older heads around them. If Martial's head is right (which I'm sure he is), he'll stay with us, it's not like the competition for his spot is that high anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:

Member 90678

Bal'on dor winner he will never be and I'm pretty sure he is 22.
Like I have posted before,do you see him in training every day to make a judgement that he deserves to be playing every week?

What a pathetic childish post, as a united fan why would you not want him to stay and smash it at united?
Why are you even concerned about his career?

JohnnyKills

If it was a buyback or a loan I wouldn't be averse to him going. Still think he's a better long-term bet than Lukaku but if JM is wedded to the idea of playing a big man up front he may be better off elsewhere.

Micky Targaryen

What's mindboggling is why Mourinho can simply fail to recognize Martial's astronomical ceiling and yet you, a keyboard critic, can predict this obvious Ballon d'Or potential? The club should just hire you in some sort of scouting or advisory role, think of all the trophies we could've won! Or maybe, just maybe, there are some other angle that we as fans cannot see, because we are not in charge of their training?

Sarcasm aside, I'm sick of seeing people using De Bruyne and Salah as a stick to beat Jose with. It's as if Fergie never made any mistakes. :houllier:

Z1L3

Supports
Partizan Belgrade
What's mindboggling is why Mourinho can simply fail to recognize Martial's astronomical ceiling and yet you, a keyboard critic, can predict this obvious Ballon d'Or potential? The club should just hire you in some sort of scouting or advisory role, think of all the trophies we could've won! Or maybe, just maybe, there are some other angle that we as fans cannot see, because we are not in charge of their training?

Sarcasm aside, I'm sick of seeing people using De Bruyne and Salah as a stick to beat Jose with. It's as if Fergie never made any mistakes. :houllier:
And it's not like De Bruyne and Salah were instant successes elsewhere in the EPL. Both had to go to lesser leagues to develop before coming back, so Jose was basically right when he deemed them not ready for EPL when he let them go.

The_Order

Not going to reply to every post, because who has the time, and I'm on mobile.

mercurial
[mer-kyoo r-ee-uh l]
adjective
  1. changeable; volatile; fickle; flighty; erratic:a mercurial nature.

2. animated; lively; sprightly; quick-witted.
Like many others have mentioned Mourinho is not the nurturing type, you can't be united supporter and feign ignorance to the skill and talent AM has shown. He was one of our best players before Sanchez was brought in and let's not rewrite history because he got 2 assists against city on Saturday - he's been mediocre prior.

On to my next point is the fact that a lot of people replying to me show an incredible amount of short-sightedness which is emblematic of United supporters in general. He's 22 and the idea of replacing him with a 30 year old is crazy

AM at the start to the middle of the season had shown considerable improvement and was clicking with the forward line up. Football fans have memories of gnats.

I love how my point about Pogba was sidestepped by everyone responding though, only cost us some 90 million pounds (which was a bargain in hindsight) to fix that mistake.

A good manager would rotate and accommodate his squad effectively, it's what SAF did - not shut out players (is Blind injured or buried underneath the SAF stand?)

Lingard has been good, has better movement than any one in the squad but he's not a better football player than AM not even close.

It's my hope we appoint a DOF soon.

We can have one of the best talents in the vane for the next 10 years or throw it away because of a man who won't be here in the next 2.

Litch

Talent but you'll see more upgrades that will but more pressure on positions. I think if ever there was a chance of signing Bale, it will be this summer. I think Martial will be an outstanding player but it needs to be in a team that built around him. Like already said, don't think he works as hard as he should do when compared to the other players.....

Zlatattack

You have to break a few eggs to make an omelette. Sanchez is the type of player who puts in match dominating performances. I fully expect to see those from him regularly next season. Martial doesn't provide that yet. He might do in a couple of years, but not yet.

He doesn't deserve to start ahead of Sanchez. He had 2 years on the left wing, he was on par with Rashford, both showed flashes of brilliance, no consistency. At that time his fan boys were crying he needed to be played up front to get the best out of him.

Similarly when Zlatan was injured did either he or Rashford make the striker role thier own? No. None of this should surprise anyone as they're young players who often play inconsistently, it's part of the development process.

Both players need to accept that they won't get regular first team football until they step up the quality of thier end product and the regularity at which they deliver. The next season or two they should both be regularly rotating with the senior players in thier position.

Ban

Not going to reply to every post, because who has the time, and I'm on mobile.

mercurial
[mer-kyoo r-ee-uh l]
adjective
  1. changeable; volatile; fickle; flighty; erratic:a mercurial nature.

2. animated; lively; sprightly; quick-witted.
Like many others have mentioned Mourinho is not the nurturing type, you can't be united supporter and feign ignorance to the skill and talent AM has shown. He was one of our best players before Sanchez was brought in and let's not rewrite history because he got 2 assists against city on Saturday - he's been mediocre prior.

On to my next point is the fact that a lot of people replying to me show an incredible amount of short-sightedness which is emblematic of United supporters in general. He's 22 and the idea of replacing him with a 30 year old is crazy

AM at the start to the middle of the season had shown considerable improvement and was clicking with the forward line up. Football fans have memories of gnats.

I love how my point about Pogba was sidestepped by everyone responding though, only cost us some 90 million pounds (which was a bargain in hindsight) to fix that mistake.

A good manager would rotate and accommodate his squad effectively, it's what SAF did - not shut out players (is Blind injured or buried underneath the SAF stand?)

Lingard has been good, has better movement than any one in the squad but he's not a better football player than AM not even close.

It's my hope we appoint a DOF soon.

We can have one of the best talents in the vane for the next 10 years or throw it away because of a man who won't be here in the next 2.
Bind was injured until recently but do keep on.
What's your point about Pogba exactly. You sidestepped the fact SAF made some mistakes too.

The_Order

Bind was injured until recently but do keep on.
What's your point about Pogba exactly. You sidestepped the fact SAF made some mistakes too.
I think we should learn from those mistakes instead of repeating them whilst comforting ourselves that "SAF made them too".

The_Order

he's always been a terrible man manager with so called mercurial talents.
He has form - they don't even need to be mercurial - Juan Mata multiple POTY winner at Chelsea sold to accommodate Oscar.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Absolutely, Mourinho had massive problems accommodating mercurial talents like Deco, Lampard, Sneijder, Ozil, Di Maria...:lol:

It's almost as if he is not an idiot, so he actually looks at footballing qualities. He's an actual manager, not playing a video game where a player with a high talent rating can lead you to winning the CL.

Ban

Mata had won the Premier League, The Europa League and the Champions League as the club's best player. Hilarious.
As posted above by others your myth has been busted so many times so yeah your posts are hilarious.
Btw Mata has never won the PL.

The_Order

Pep sold Eto'o, Zlatan, and Yaya Toure. Is he also a manager who has form for getting rid of top players?

You can justify any conclusion with cherry-picked examples like that.
There was no cherry picking, maybe I should have made this post in a few days when the delirium from the weekend game had worn off.

Was Mata one of Chelsea's if not their best player at the time sold?

Why are you accusing me of cherry picking and throwing whatboutism of Pep my way?

Edit : I will admit, I assumed Mata had won the league before.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Agreed - hope we have a buy back clause for him.