Martial / joined Sevilla on loan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
God, how excited I was by this guy at the start! That Liverpool goal felt momentous. But his last 2 years feel like a symbol for everything that's wrong with us. Ralf is like the anti Tony. A January exit would be a purging, an exorcism of all the lazy, entitled vibes we've had circulating OT for the last couple of years.

Or possibly I'm reading too much into it.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
God, how excited I was by this guy at the start! That Liverpool goal felt momentous. But his last 2 years feel like a symbol for everything that's wrong with us. Ralf is like the anti Tony. A January exit would be a purging, an exorcism of all the lazy, entitled vibes we've had circulating OT for the last couple of years.

Or possibly I'm reading too much into it.
Last two years? He had a blip in Ole's 1st year. But he was shite the previous two years. Basically, he was crap under everyone else not named LVG.
The Geordies would love him up there. A quick stepover or a turn of pace and they would be ejaculating in their seats.

Still ill

Last two years? He had a blip in Ole's 1st year. But he was shite the previous two years. Basically, he was crap under everyone else not named LVG.
The Geordies would love him up there. A quick stepover or a turn of pace and they would be ejaculating in their seats.
Look, I'm obviously no fan but writing that first year with Ole off as a blip is nonsense. 25 odd goals, led the line, looked up for it, bright, inventive, even, dare I say it, hard working. I thought he'd cracked it. But fell off a cliff from there. Who knows how these things happen.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
Shame how it’s turned out but he should be moved on too. That Monaco team was so exciting and we picked the one that doesn’t want to push himself. :(

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Look, I'm obviously no fan but writing that first year with Ole off as a blip is nonsense. 25 odd goals, led the line, looked up for it, bright, inventive, even, dare I say it, hard working. I thought he'd cracked it. But fell off a cliff from there. Who knows how these things happen.
You just need to look at his outputs over his career at United to see that his 23goals season/Ole's 1st was a blip.

His goals output were 17 (under LVG), 8,11 (Jose),12 (Jose/Ole), 23 (Ole) and 7 (current).

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
One off season, attitude was always the issue. Time to get rid

Last edited:

MattofManchester

It wasn't even a year, though. It was, in fact, a post-lockdown blitz where he looked immense around the time Bruno arrived and it ended at Copenhagen where he couldn't finish worth a damn.
From there it was all downhill.
Prior to that, we'd seen glimpses of him during the season but the usual inconsistency was there.

Still ill

You just need to look at his outputs over his career at United to see that his 23goals season/Ole's 1st was a blip.

His goals output were 17 (under LVG), 8,11 (Jose),12 (Jose/Ole), 23 (Ole) and 7 (current).
Grand, I don't feel you can call an entire season a blip. Call it an anomaly. You say tomato, I say.....whatever. We both want him out, that's the main thing.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
It’s ridiculous he’s been here as long as he has and it shows he’s not really that bothered about his career. Won’t be one to make us regret selling but to be honest I wish he could be. What a waste of talent.

Penna

Kind Moderator (with a bit of a mean streak)
Staff
If they aren't definite about wanting to stay with United, I don't really want them to stay. It's better for us and better for them, too. So much of consistent performance is mental application and a guy who's always looking for another exit door isn't what we want.

Still ill

It wasn't even a year, though. It was, in fact, a post-lockdown blitz where he looked immense around the time Bruno arrived and it ended at Copenhagen where he couldn't finish worth a damn.
From there it was all downhill.
Prior to that, we'd seen glimpses of him during the season but the usual inconsistency was there.
I mean he had 10 before the New Year but yeah, like I say, I want him gone too.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Not just Martial, we have few guys on high wages not really contributing as they should.

Who is on the below list you think deserve those salaries?

David De Gea - £19,500,000 =19.5M

Paul Pogba - £15,080,000 =15M

Edinson Cavani - £13,000,000 = 13M

Anthony Martial - £13,000,000 =13M

Juan Mata - £8,320,000 = 8.3M

Luke Shaw - £7,900,000 =8M

Nemanja Matic - £6,240,000 =6.2M

Phil Jones - £3,900,000 =4M

Jesse Lingard - £3,900,000 =4M
Dave, Martial and Mata are on too much. Matic and Jones got one year too many on their deals, IMO.

With regardings to Cavani, we got him on a Bosman and overal he's been pulling his weight. You're aware that a player of similar quality that can offer what Cavani did last season costs 50+ million?

The squad's been poorly managed. It's not Lingard's fault he hasn't been used or wasn't sold to West Ham, it's not Mata's fault, we didn't send promising kids on loan. so he could be a fringe backup. It's not Matic's fault he's not being used, etc, etc.

Jones got a career threatening injury. It's unavoidable and part of the game when dealing with contracts.

I always find it baffling fans get so worked up about a players salary. Jones and Lingard are on relative peanuts.

It's pointless to talk about an individual case, cause there are situations where all these players could have had much more value for us, relative to the rest of the squad.

There's nothing wrong with Pogba's, Shaw's, Cavani's, Lingard's contract. The squad's been mismanaged.

peridigm

Not buying the Barca interest. They have no money and seemingly need to sell players and continue to lower their payroll.
That said, I hope they sign him. He won't play much if any for the remainder of the season at United.

crossy1686

career ending
Not buying the Barca interest. They have no money and seemingly need to sell players and continue to lower their payroll.
That said, I hope they sign him. He won't play much if any for the remainder of the season at United.
I’m sure they’ll take him but it will be a swap deal for Coutinho or a loan where we pay most of the wages. They can get to feck though, it’s the kind of deal Woodward would have loved a few years ago

crossy1686

career ending
If they aren't definite about wanting to stay with United, I don't really want them to stay. It's better for us and better for them, too. So much of consistent performance is mental application and a guy who's always looking for another exit door isn't what we want.
Yep, spot on. A great insight into a players mentality is their ability to stay consistent, something Martial has never done in his entire career.

lex talionis

Whatever the excuses may be, Anthony Martial has failed to pull his weight. If we can find a club for him, he needs to leave Old Trafford.

Steve 007

The world is full of talented failures. There’s no doubt Martial has talent but just like Lingard he’s not mentally tough enough. He’ll flourish but just not at UTD.

Jibbs

Yep because the teams Rashford has played with and the managers he's played under are even remotely comparable :houllier:
Yes very much comparable, in fact Rashford got better midfield, Mourinho was a top coach, Ole was simply Fergie2.0, also put prime Rooney and Ronaldo or even Tevez instead of Ronaldo in any of United’s teams in past 6 years and see how instantly they become title contenders.

Red Rash

Still a very talented player but seems a little weak mentally. You would hope a player raises their game when facing competition but Martial seems to shy away from it.

I think if he moves to a team where he is a big fish in a small pond then he could really prosper and become a good player. Moving to a top 8 premier league team would probably be a good move for him such as West Ham

Frank White

Yes very much comparable, in fact Rashford got better midfield, Mourinho was a top coach, Ole was simply Fergie2.0, also put prime Rooney and Ronaldo or even Tevez instead of Ronaldo in any of United’s teams in past 6 years and see how instantly they become title contenders.
:lol: Sure. As for the rest, what a load of shite.

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
Hardly surprising based on where he has fallen in the pecking order. Clearly isn't willing to try and prove anything to the new manager either, which I guess isn't exactly unexpected either.

SAF is the GOAT

If he and Edi gonna leave in January and in the Summer - we gonna have to bring in at least 1 striker instead of them.

We can't afford ourselves to have only a 37yo legend and a 20 yo kid in our squad.

Robertd0803

Off he goes then. He wont be missed (other than by his weird fanbase) and Id bet on him falling in to the category of doing nothing worthwhile anywhere else yet will have people moaning we should never have sold him.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Not just Martial, we have few guys on high wages not really contributing as they should.

Who is on the below list you think deserve those salaries?

David De Gea - £19,500,000 =19.5M

Paul Pogba - £15,080,000 =15M

Edinson Cavani - £13,000,000 = 13M

Anthony Martial - £13,000,000 =13M

Juan Mata - £8,320,000 = 8.3M

Luke Shaw - £7,900,000 =8M

Nemanja Matic - £6,240,000 =6.2M

Phil Jones - £3,900,000 =4M

Jesse Lingard - £3,900,000 =4M
There's loads of players on your list worth their wages. De Gea, Cavani. Um.....

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time

He had two good seasons (15/16 and 19/20), two decent seasons where he had periods where he was easily our best performing attacker but kept being dropped because Jose simply didn't like him (17/18 and 18/19 - the latter was also injury hit after Ole took over), and two poor seasons (16/17 and 20/21). Unfortunately this season looks like it's going to be another poor season.

It's not good enough, but it's also not as bad as you are making out. Looking purely at goals is wrong since he was moved out to the wing and was generally 3rd choice out of the main options for Jose despite often outperforming the players being picked ahead of him (Sanchez and Rashford).

Red_toad

So any news on teams that are looking at him? Barca thing won't happen and aside from the Toon I'm struggling to see who'd take him. Maybe La Arse but they seem very serious on Vlahovic.

Amsterdam Devil

Move him and some others out to make space and change the squad dynamic. Mata, Martial, Cavani, Jones and Lingard can all leave now. Keep Matic around till his contract is up and sign a good replacement for him.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Can't hate on that comment from Rangnick. But let's be real, Martial has no more future at United. Hopefully he develops more elsewhere, but he really didn't deal well with challenges.

Fts 74

A manager with balls, what a breath of fresh air. It's about time these overpaid, under performing prima donnas were put on blast.
It's great to see.

First pogba now martial, RR is putting a marker down this nonsense that you've got away with before won't work with me only players who want to be here stand a chance.

I love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.