Martial / joined Sevilla on loan

Status
Not open for further replies.

GlasgowCeltic

Not saying its true but choosing Sevilla over Barca and Juve would definitely be something I could see Martial doing.

pcaming

United are an embarrassment.
Not saying its true but choosing Sevilla over Barca and Juve would definitely be something I could see Martial doing.
True but it would actually make sense. Barca and Juve are basically in the same situation performance wise, with the same kinds of pressure as United. Sevilla is doing well enough and the pressure will be less, at this point that's better for a loan move.

SAF is the GOAT

I don't mind that Tony will go there on loan if there's a chance that we'll get him rejuvenated as we got Jesse when he came back from West Ham

He'll have the chance to get regular minutes and we'll have the chance to recover his worth and sell in a good price maybe.

dinostar77

Sevilla sounds sensible. Good club, who have rejuvenated careers of players who have lost their way. Like other poster said, if he does a lingaard ala west ham we could get more for him this summer.

smi11ie

Not a philogynist
Supports
Rangers
About time he earned a living. Hope it can kickstart his desire to play football.

Zoo

Negotiations are progressing for a departure on loan for Anthony Martial this winter. Seville is today the most advanced club with Manchester United. The player has approved the idea of a departure to Spain

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
My initial thoughts were Sevilla? Christ is that the level of club that is in for him, then I saw the La Liga table and who knows he might be able to help them push for the title (emphasis on might)

yamo123x

is he still here? Im happy to pick him up and take him to the airport, wouldnt want him overly exerted.

I will say, if we supplement his wages somewhere then we are total and utter idiots. We should be throwing him to Newcastle for 40mill

Walters_19_MuFc

There's been talks of him going in January, but I'd really love to see him in the 4222 system. He's the type of player I feel will strive with a strike partner next to him, especially on who has a contrasting style.

I still maintain that Martial is our best striker with his back to goal. His hold up and link play is really good when he's on it. Reminds me a bit like Benzema. With a partner next to him who will run in behind and do the poaching side of the game, I think Martial would really excel. He'd obviously have to work on his off the ball game but I feel that's something we saw under Ole when he played up top on his own.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Incredible how our "fans" are able to spin everything Martial does into a negative.

Sevilla has a lot less spotlights than Barca or Juve. He's clearly prioritizing his football and willing to take a pay cut.

Props to him for asking for a move and not wanting to sit on our bench indefinitely collecting a fat pay check.

Yes, his agent shouldn't have announced his transfer request before talking to RR, but that's about the only negative thing about his transfer saga.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Always running away from the fight.
Yeah, wish he was like Lingard where he was not bothered about first team football and enjoyed wages and then fat signing on fee bonus.

Walters_19_MuFc

Always running away from the fight.
He's leaving because he's not getting enough game time. Why would he then move to a club where he'd potentially be in the same situation?

They'd obviously be no guarantee's that he'd start every game at Sevilla, but he'd be probably thinking it'd be easier to get game time at Sevilla than the aforementioned clubs. That's not about running away from a fight but being smart, otherwise he may aswell just stay here.

Walters_19_MuFc

Incredible how our "fans" are able to spin everything Martial does into a negative.

Sevilla has a lot less spotlights than Barca or Juve. He's clearly prioritizing his football and willing to take a pay cut.

Props to him for asking for a move and not wanting to sit on our bench indefinitely collecting a fat pay check.

Yes, his agent shouldn't have announced his transfer request before talking to RR, but that's about the only negative thing about his transfer saga.
This.

Dempsey19

How's he taking a paycut ? His wages remain the same but sevilla say they will pay X % of his wages and we cover the remaining amount.

Tarrou

if we're continuing with 2 up front won't this leave us a bit short in that department?

not that he's been offering much but was hoping Ralf could maybe reignite his confidence somehow

KingCavani

Incredible how the Martial FC brigade will absolutely deny reality to protect their favourite player.

He will be going on loan. How on earth would he be taking a pay cut?

He could have stayed and fought for his place here. We have a new manager in case you haven’t noticed and are playing a formation that requires two centre forwards.

With Rashford underperforming it’s telling that he still doesn’t fancy the fight. He’s a professional disgrace and we can’t get him out the door soon enough. Addition by subtraction.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
You lot would criticise him for choosing to sit on the bench at a big club if went to Barca or Juve.
Sevilla is bigger than Barca at this point in time.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
How's he taking a paycut ? His wages remain the same but sevilla say they will pay X % of his wages and we cover the remaining amount.
Source?

Incredible how the Martial FC brigade will absolutely deny reality to protect their favourite player.

He will be going on loan. How on earth would he be taking a pay cut?

He could have stayed and fought for his place here. We have a new manager in case you haven’t noticed and are playing a formation that requires two centre forwards.

With Rashford underperforming it’s telling that he still doesn’t fancy the fight. He’s a professional disgrace and we can’t get him out the door soon enough. Addition by subtraction.
I dont have a membership to Martial FC ffs, ask chairman @Raven ( ;) )

I wanted Martial (and Lingard, Pogba, James) sold last summer. The only thing disgraceful is having that same opinion and then calling him names when he actually goes.

It seems you're making a lot of assumptions on his upcoming transfer to paint him in the worst light possible.
  • Players on loan take pay cuts all the time
  • If he prefers Sevilla it's unlikely getting his full wages is his top priority
  • He's looking to leave permanently given how his agent has come out to force a move.
Sure you can call him a wuss for not fighting for his spot, but IMO he isn't good enough so I'm happy he wants out and I'd much rather see him looking for a move than ride out his silly fat contract.
I dont see how you can be upset he wants out if you dont rate him?
And if you agree he's a wuss, why not be glad he'll stop costing us 250k/w?

I don't get your viewpoint. You want him out but are mad at the same time he wants out? :confused:

Or are you one of those that irrationally hates all players that flop/leave? (Memphis, Lukaku, etc)

Thanks for notifying me of the change in managers :rolleyes:

crossy1686

career ending

It's more amazing how people will defend him because he had a good 6 months once.

He's going on loan to Sevilla because he wants to play and not sit on the bench for Juve or Barca, which he would because he isn't good enough to start.

And because it's a loan he would still be collecting that fat pay cheque you speak of from us and partially from his new temporary employer.

Teja

Watch it be a 6 month loan with us paying 80% of the wage.
Since his agent has been touting the deal I hoped he'd have some interested parties lined up and ready to pay. We're not really in a DDG / Sanchez type situation with Martial.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
I don't mind that Tony will go there on loan if there's a chance that we'll get him rejuvenated as we got Jesse when he came back from West Ham

He'll have the chance to get regular minutes and we'll have the chance to recover his worth and sell in a good price maybe.
Or else we just bring him back and then freeze because he doesn’t want to go anywhere for less money and we like protecting our assets. We should be selling right now if there are any takers. The only way his value is going is down because no other club will ever match his current wages again. Even if he goes out and scores 10 goals so what? He’ll want to come back here for another chance and then what? He should be offered to Newcastle at the very least. We constantly need to peel away the layers of soft mentality and rejuvenate the squad, not letting players rest on their arses after a few good games or a good season. Letting players get away with the this for years and paying them top dollar rubs off on everything else. Fergie was a master at keeping things fresh and wanting players who put the team before themselves. Take the loss and pay the extra money towards his wages and get a bigger fee for him and reinvest. It’s our fault for giving him the contract in the first place.

We as a club need to accept that we are going to make losses on players when we are paying 50 million and 250k a week for potential, especially when it’s clear the player isn’t particularly mentally strong. We need to write off players quicker. Keep the talent moving through the books. The only way a big club actually make money on footballers is selling your excess youth and fringe players before they get put on mega contracts. The game is well and truly up by the time they are on 250k and playing more like a player who is on 25k. That’s our own fault for having such low standards and being so quick to hand out these deals to players who don’t deserve them. Martial and Rashford are currently sitting on similar cash to Salah.:houllier: It’s truly bananas.

Last edited:

crossy1686

career ending
Since his agent has been touting the deal I hoped he'd have some interested parties lined up and ready to pay. We're not really in a DDG / Sanchez type situation with Martial.
We're not? You think there's a club willing to pay him £250k a week to do very little and hope he finds something close to form? That figure shatters most wage budgets.

Shunty

Supports
Man it’s
The problem with martial has always been motivation. We offered him a massive contract and he has lacked motivation ever since he signed it. Seville we’re interested then and wanted to give him game time and less than a third of the stupid contract we gave him. I bet Ralph is just going through things time after time with his head in his hands

Teja

We're not? You think there's a club willing to pay him £250k a week to do very little and hope he finds something close to form? That figure shatters most wage budgets.
DDG is on almost 400k p/w and Sanchez's legs were just shot. I wouldn't mind having Martial around if we don't get a loan offer that we like. If he's unhappy and wants to move, he either takes a pay cut or convinces some club to pay his wages in my book.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
It's more amazing how people will defend him because he had a good 6 months once.

He's going on loan to Sevilla because he wants to play and not sit on the bench for Juve or Barca, which he would because he isn't good enough to start.

And because it's a loan he would still be collecting that fat pay cheque you speak of from us and partially from his new temporary employer.
It's not more amazing. There were a few clinging on to Martial's covid season and labeling last season an anomaly.

It's a shitty opinion that I didnt share.

Wanting him gone and then whining about when it's happening on the other hand is completely mental.

You seem dead certain about it being a loan and him not taking a pay cut. What's your source?

Even if he wasn't, your phrasing of us still paying that fat salary and Sevilla only partially is bull, as United is never going to okay a move where we're paying half his salary.

Because he prefers Sevilla (actually playing) there's a good chance he'll take a pay cut if they can't cover the salary, otherwise he wouldnt have much preferring to do.

You're just speculating in a way that paints Martial in the most negative light possible.

It's not justified based on what we know.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.