Martial / joined Sevilla on loan

Status
Not open for further replies.

the_cliff

Look at the quote. He said he never refused to play, Ralf said he refused to be in the squad. He's refused to travel because he wasn't going to start.
I'm still finding it doubtful.

Martial has been benched by Mourinho and Ole and has never refused to be a part of the squad. Why would that change now ? He's looking for a move away, if he gets subbed on and scores a goal it could be the difference between him leaving and him staying.

AneRu

This was a power play by Rangnick. He is telling the players that he may stay only 6 months here, but in that time span, if they don't do what they are told he can damage them more than they can imagine.

I think that this was a great move by Rangnick! Our players should learn to work, and then work a little more, and listen to the manager. The manager is their boss, not their buddy like Ole.
I agree, get in line or I will throw you to the wolves. Martial has been sacrificed and with the online lynch mob ready to pounce players will think twice before disrespecting him.

M Bison

Supports
York City
There has to be more to it than meets the eye. There’s something rotten behind the scenes, it can’t be a coincidence that this is all going on with Martial and we’ve seen Rashfords head drop the way it has.

Something is going on behind the scenes, it might be needed to get to a clean edge for the next manager arriving in the summer but it feels incredibly painful at the moment.

The problem for Ralf is that it feels as though it’ll get worse before it gets better, and fan reaction will make life difficult for him, a lot of fans have already turned on him.

crossy1686

career ending
I'm still finding it doubtful.

Martial has been benched by Mourinho and Ole and has never refused to be a part of the squad. Why would that change now ? He's looking for a move away, if he gets subbed on and scores a goal it could be the difference between him leaving and him staying.
You answered your own question. Because he wants a move away, and he's trying to force the issue because the club want the loaning club to cover his wage, and he's not willing to take a paycut.

captaincantona

Literally not true in the slightest.
Guy refuses to do something I ask that is part of his contract for no reasonable reason, I bring him in and talk amicably, then I ask again. If he still refuses I mark on his record, implement performance improvement procedures, ask again, he refuses I give him second warnings before finally moving to terminate his employment.

Sleigh

Supports
Leicester City
Assuming if he’s refusing to play, then he doesn’t get paid?

lefty_jakobz

I ❤️ moses
We take so long to sign players, and now we are taking too long to sell.
Will we ever just do things like a normal club ffs!
Martial should have been out the door 1st week of January.

frostbite

Guy refuses to do something I ask that is part of his contract for no reasonable reason, I bring him in and talk amicably, then I ask again. If he still refuses I mark on his record, implement performance improvement procedures, ask again, he refuses I give him second warnings before finally moving to terminate his employment.
Does this guy make more than you do??? It is an important question. Because many players make more money than their managers. It is not just their wages, it is also sponsorships, ads, paid appearances, fan clubs, and so on.

The situation is completely different from a normal job. In football, the manager may ask something from the player and if the player is smart and lazy, he may say that he can't because he is hurting. How can you prove that he isn't hurting? You can't. Even when you are sure he is lying. I am not saying this is what happened here, I am saying that this is not the average 9-5 job.

AneRu

There has to be more to it than meets the eye. There’s something rotten behind the scenes, it can’t be a coincidence that this is all going on with Martial and we’ve seen Rashfords head drop the way it has.

Something is going on behind the scenes, it might be needed to get to a clean edge for the next manager arriving in the summer but it feels incredibly painful at the moment.

The problem for Ralf is that it feels as though it’ll get worse before it gets better, and fan reaction will make life difficult for him, a lot of fans have already turned on him.
People are incredibly shortsighted and naive so it's easier for players who are basically multimillionaires to manipulate them just like Rashford was until it became too much last last week. It's ridiculous to turn on Ralf when the symptoms of the malaise that sank Ole and Mourinho are there for us to see game in, game out.

Mourinho always created hardworking, solid teams yet this one was lazy why? Ole, rose to prominence as part of a hardworking team, clearly stated that he never wanted for us to be outworked by any team but was eventually sunk by the laziest team in the league why?

There is one constant, the players and the few that have remained as managers got sacked passed the button to newer ones. They have read the brainless accountants in charge and know that these idiots would sooner sack the manager than get rid of popular players. I wouldn't be surprised if it's Woodward and his cronies blocking Martial's move away because they figure it will be more expensive to buy a replacement than to keep him even if he is unwanted by the manager and also wants out.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
So you would rather believe a lazy player over the manager even if he is an interim? Why would Rangnick lie, he hasn't been here long enough to develop any antipathy towards Martial? I think Martial didn't expect Ralf to out him and now that he has been outed he is lying to protect his backside.

It depends, it's still just a couple of days after the fact. Looking at it, I find it pathetic that fans are taking a wantaway player's side and basically accusing the manager of lying. Would people be doing this if this was a manager who we had a connection to like Ole or Carrick?

The club and the fan base is strangely insular and hostile to anyone who does things differently from what we knew under Fergie especially if they are foreign. Eerily I think Martial and Rangnick are both victims of this, as was Van Gaal and Mourinho to an extent.
It's an opportunity to send a message to the squad and the fans though. An easy win for the club and Rangnick IMHO if they were to fine him.
If they don't then either Martial did nothing wrong or he is above any punishment.

Rocknrolla69er

Well done Ragnick

Finally someone's weeding the garden, get these parasites out the club.

Will save a ton on the wage bill doing so too.

Just hope there poor attitudes havnt rubbed off on Greenwood and Sancho too.

phelans shorts

So you think everyone is giving their all? Oh boy do I have some news for you

the_cliff

You answered your own question. Because he wants a move away, and he's trying to force the issue because the club want the loaning club to cover his wage, and he's not willing to take a paycut.
He wants to leave. Sitting on the bench sulking won't help his case. Especially with the money he's on.

Coming on putting in some good performances would change that.

frostbite

It's an opportunity to send a message to the squad and the fans though. An easy win for the club and Rangnick IMHO if they were to fine him.
If they don't then either Martial did nothing wrong or he is above any punishment.
If a player says he can't play because his back is hurting, you cannot punish him.

crossy1686

career ending
He wants to leave. Sitting on the bench sulking won't help his case. Especially with the money he's on.

Coming on putting in some good performances would change that.
It really wouldn't, it's a matter of budget this time of year for most clubs, not panic singing a striker on loan because he happened to come off the bench and get a goal against Villa. Most clubs have to offload before they can sign someone else, which is why no one is willing to meet his wage demands. If any clubs genuinely believed in his ability, they wouldn't be waiting for him to score a goal or two this month before making a bid would they?

Ralf's been here all of 6 weeks, he has zero reason to go to war with any player unless they've been a massive dick in that time.

Devil81

If he's refused to play then for me surely that means he doesn't get paid or he's fined.

We've got too many of there characters within our squad, I've always maintained Sir Alex would never have signed 75% of the current squad based on background checks and attitudes alone. We have hardly any born winners in our squad, just happy picking up the wages.

Give this lad away as far as I'm concerned, his attitude and body language has been shocking from day 1.

captaincantona

So you think everyone is giving their all? Oh boy do I have some news for you
No mate. Wasn’t the “giving it their all” part I was really getting at...I originally replied to a guy who said as an employee, Martial shouldn’t be expected to turn down money as part of his contract. I said it’s not comparable to a normal contract as if it were, there would be mechanism to address a breach of contract - ie. poor performance or refusing to do something reasonably expected under the contract.

Jesus this is a boring tangent!

Jacob

Imagine our wage bill if you get rid of the players that barely play. Mata, Lingard, Bailly, Martial, Donny, Hendo, Matic etc. That's at least 1.2M per week in savings.

choccy77

Way I see this.

Martial is told he isn't starting and will be on the bench.

Martial not happy and says he doesn't want to travel if he is just gonna sit on bench.

Ralf tells the media Martial didn't want to travel.

Martial says I never refused to play.

Therefore, Martial correctly didn't refuse to play, however, he did refuse to travel if it meant he would only be sitting on the bench.

I think that sums up the situation and both are correct, from a certain point of view.

captaincantona

Martial has denied saying that he did not want to travel. So who do we believe.?
Ralf worded it carefully. He said squad. Martial was most likely told he was not going to make the bench or play at all but should be part of the squad. Martial said no thanks. Odd one for Ralph to drop in it as it just causes more headlines imo.

crossy1686

career ending
Martial has denied saying that he did not want to travel. So who do we believe.?
He did not, Ralf said he didn't travel because he refused to be in the SQUAD, Martial said he never refused to PLAY. He was obviously told he would be in the squad so he refused to travel to sit on the bench, however he would have travelled if he was told he was starting, or so it seems.

DavelinaJolie

Of course Goldbridge and Co will stick up for him.

Next they'll accuse the British press of printing the story because of xenophobia.

choccy77

@samuelluckhurst: Martial’s claim he ‘never disrespected’ #mufc is curious when he went AWOL on the 2018 pre-season tour (and was fined for it) and allowed his agent to undermine a manager the day before he was sacked.

Bestietom

He did not, Ralf said he didn't travel because he refused to be in the SQUAD, Martial said he never refused to PLAY. He was obviously told he would be in the squad so he refused to travel to sit on the bench, however he would have travelled if he was told he was starting, or so it seems.
Well that's tough for him. He has to be assured of playing before he travels. If this was the case with all players we would have an empty bench. Get rid quick as we can.

crossy1686

career ending
Well that's tough for him. He has to be assured of playing before he travels. If this was the case with all players we would have an empty bench. Get rid quick as we can.
Agreed. If he refused to be part of the squad then we really need him gone this window, it can't wait until the summer.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Martials claim he has never disrespected the club comes into serious question by anyone who's ever seen him play.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Way I see this.

Martial is told he isn't starting and will be on the bench.

Martial not happy and says he doesn't want to travel if he is just gonna sit on bench.

Ralf tells the media Martial didn't want to travel.

Martial says I never refused to play.

Therefore, Martial correctly didn't refuse to play, however, he did refuse to travel if it meant he would only be sitting on the bench.

I think that sums up the situation and both are correct, from a certain point of view.
I agree that this is probably how it went down, but Martial is still making himself unavailable for selection so he's obviously in the wrong.

Jericholyte2

Some takes on here are just embarrassing. Would you personally turn down money that is part of your contract at your job? Why would you expect any employee to do that?
And some posters can kiss my ass! If both he and the agent have told Rangnick he wants to leave then they put in a formal transfer request. Employees missing loopholes just to get another bucket of cash is a fecking joke!

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
I usually don't pay too much attention to the rumours around our club and players, but this one smells weird...

- Martial is covering his own arse by trying to make out it was a misunderstanding so he does get docked wages
- Trying to get public opinion back on his side, like that's possible after declaring himself unfit and immediately requesting a transfer as soon as Ralf takes over without a single traing session
- Trying to show to potential buyers that he's not an entitled temperamental little so and so and won't destabilise their dressing room too
Why would an experienced manager lie about a player not wanting to be in the squad?
Why would he not fill up the bench? Must have been told too late by Martial so it was too late to get someone to fill in.

Personally prefer the way Ole did it, he might have sounded like he were being too nice to his players in the media, but i'm sure he told them when they had fecked up in private, that is much better than them saying different things in pressers and social media.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
At the end of the day it's all fecking irrelevant. Martial is shite. Not having him sat on the bench is about as much use as him sitting there.

Status
Not open for further replies.