Martial / joined Sevilla on loan

Status
Not open for further replies.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
He should be embarrassed really, been here 7 years and he still finds himself behind a 36 year old Ronaldo, a 34 year old Cavani, a Rashford bang out of form, a Sancho still yet to find any form, a youth prospect who’s had Covid and has played less than two seasons at top flight and now a kid who’s just turned 19 and barely played any first team football.

On top of all that United are STILL in the market for another forward, which shows you exactly what the club think of him.
He has great YouTube highlights though. That will be worth a few million quid extra.

RuudTom83

Credit to Martial if he does leave in January.

Decided to leave, informed his agent, informed the club, an unusually clean approach (so far) compared to many other players in the squad.

sp_107

Good, the club needs a mini clear out of all the passengers in the squad. Lingard, Pogba, and Mata should follow. We’re such a top heavy squad and having these players on a bloated salary making little to no impact shows the club’s past incompetence. Pogba shouldve been sold last summer with Lingard. Hopefully Rangnick can help bring a sense of savviness and intelligence to our overall approach instead of always targeting the big names. Start with Haidara this winter and carry it on into the summer.

Pogba 275|K
Martial 250K
Jesse 100K
Mata 100K
Matic 100K
Jones 100K
Cavani 250K

Almost 1.2M/week (60M a year) can be saved on salaries

It's B Rubble

Interesting how people here forget Martial has basically been fighting for that no.9 spot for the past 5 years against some of the best strikers on the planet in Ibra, Lukaku, Cavani and Ronaldo. Once he had clear reign of that position, he was our best forward who worked well with Bruno, Rash and Greenwood. I’d be looking to leave as well. The strange injuries have done him no favors; I remember time and time again the Caf wanting him to replace Rashford down the left but Ole wouldn’t bench his golden child. He would probably work wonders with a strike partner in Ralfs system (like he did with Rashford) but a lot of posters here seem to think it’s actually been 50 million down the drain. Outrageous.

Last edited:

arthurka

Martial is an enigma really. How he has gotten to do shit all die seven years baffles the mind really. Waste of talent and money.

GoldanoGraham

He isn’t going anywhere easily - he is on an outrageous salary - there is no way we should let him leave on loan if it means we have to pay a % of salary. If he wants to go then someone needs to stump up a big transfer fee and for him to decide to take a big wage cut. Else no point.

crossy1686

career ending
Interesting how people here forget Martial has basically been fighting for that no.9 spot for the past 5 years against some of the best strikers on the planet in Ibra, Lukaku, Cavani and Ronaldo. Once he had clear reign of that position, he was our best forward who worked well with Bruno, Rash and Greenwood. I’d be looking to leave as well. The strange injuries have done him no favors; I remember time and time again the Caf wanting him to replace Rashford down the left but Ole wouldn’t bench his golden child. He would probably work wonders with a strike partner in Ralfs system (like he did with Rashford) but a lot of posters here seem to think it’s actually been 50 million down the drain. Outrageous.
You nailed it. He only plays well when there's zero competition for places, which shows how weak mentally he is. He'll never make it at a top club if he's not willing to fight for anything and learn from the best. He's got no excuse to be as bad as he is when you look at who he's played alongside during the time he's been here.

None of those names would have even been considered if Martial was good enough to bench them.

Last edited:

crossy1686

career ending
He isn’t going anywhere easily - he is on an outrageous salary - there is no way we should let him leave on loan if it means we have to pay a % of salary. If he wants to go then someone needs to stump up a big transfer fee and for him to decide to take a big wage cut. Else no point.
If we don't loan him out and pay a large chunk of the salary we'll be stuck with him for the next two years paying it all. At this point we should probably just bite the bullet and try to get what we can for him.

lex talionis

What’s done is done. The loaf is swirling in the bowl and all we can do is find a club willing to part with 20m and accept his astronomical wages. Maybe Newcastle?

The excuses about there being too much competition for Martial, that he would have performed brilliantly on a consistent basis for us but for that competition overlooks a crucial point: we brought in these strikers because Martial couldn’t be counted on month after month.

IrishRedDevil

Decided to leave, informed his agent, informed the club, an unusually clean approach (so far) compared to many other players in the squad.
Meanwhile, Jones and Lingard are hiding behind the bike shed.

OL29

He should be embarrassed really, been here 7 years and he still finds himself behind a 36 year old Ronaldo, a 34 year old Cavani, a Rashford bang out of form, a Sancho still yet to find any form, a youth prospect who’s had Covid and has played less than two seasons at top flight and now a kid who’s just turned 19 and barely played any first team football.

On top of all that United are STILL in the market for another forward, which shows you exactly what the club think of him.
This rant would make sense if he hadn’t been first choice for most of his career here. He’s been shit since the beginning of last season but there’s no point in pretending he’s always been this bad.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
I wouldn't call what Martial did as fighting for a spot. He turns to shit anytime he's not given a starting role and it's ridiculous to say Rashford was played over him due to favoritism. Martial was useless last season up front and Ole kept playing him and hoping he would finally turn up.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine

Agreed. Says he wants to leave, we shouldn’t stand in his way (unless we get really crap offers).

He’s a good player, so hoping we recoup much of what we paid for him. I think we should definitely be able to get something in the £30-35m range.

A move to PSG would make sense considering Mbappe has his heart set on Real Madrid.

Focusmate

Supports
Non League
Annoys me that Jose was such a negative tw@t because he wanted rid of Pogba and Martial all those years ago and he was actually spot on but because of who he was noone could really side with him at the time

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic

I respect him for that.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Annoys me that Jose was such a negative tw@t because he wanted rid of Pogba and Martial all those years ago and he was actually spot on but because of who he was noone could really side with him at the time
He was right but we were going nowhere good with Jose either. Two wrongs don’t make a right. At the end of the day this is what happens when you’re left with owners like ours. Happy to spend a lot but in a reactionary fashion and always looking to back the wrong kind of player and manager. Let’s hope Ralf is finally the final nail in their meddling in football matters. Sign the cheques. That’s all they need to do.

R'hllor

Hope he leaves, finally some people will get off his dick. Never forget that summer under JM, people went up in arms for him being late due getting a kid. Suddenly, he fecks to much and when that wasnt enough, suddenly stories started popping up like him being dumb like having 10 IQ in highschool or some shit.

He isnt the best player nor the worst post SAF.

tentan

Poor man's poster.
Cant wait for him to leave. Up there with the biggest flops at united. Hopefully this opens the door for others to leave too.

Atheist

We should also focus on being cautious about renewing contracts going forward. Don't need to hand out contracts, when players have 2-3 years left on their current deal.
Mourinho was the manager when Pogba signed, so that actually speaks worse of his judgment.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Sounds like you're leading me into something with these questions. Just tell me what you want me to know, man.
No need to be so scared Isotope, just relax, I won't hurt/trick/abuse you. You were surprised with his wages so I want to know how much did you actually think his wages was?

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
I am getting pretty excited about a mini revolution at United.

Martial, Pogba, Lingard, Matic, Mata and Jones all off the wage bill and not even a dent on our on field performances. None of them make a difference, and a few of them actually make us a worse unit when they are on the pitch.

It’s a real opportunity to refresh the squad and get in the right kind of players.

Waynne

Good, the club needs a mini clear out of all the passengers in the squad. Lingard, Pogba, and Mata should follow. We’re such a top heavy squad and having these players on a bloated salary making little to no impact shows the club’s past incompetence. Pogba shouldve been sold last summer with Lingard. Hopefully Rangnick can help bring a sense of savviness and intelligence to our overall approach instead of always targeting the big names. Start with Haidara this winter and carry it on into the summer.
He was asked to do defensive drills by Rangnick. Got on his phone to call his agent and demand a transfer.

He's as lazy as they come. I knew it would come to this the moment we were linked to Rangnick. A manager who prioritizes hard work on a consistent basis. I say good riddance.

pcaming

United are an embarrassment.
If we don't loan him out and pay a large chunk of the salary we'll be stuck with him for the next two years paying it all. At this point we should probably just bite the bullet and try to get what we can for him.
He can’t come out so publicly and then expect the club to make sacrifices for him. Lower your wage or be quiet and bench.

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
Yet he couldnt take reign while those strikers were at the club? I wonder why…

if he cannot become one of the best strikers in world football and isn’t willing to sit on our bench… he shouldn’t be at the club…

RedBanker

I love you Ole
If he had 50% of the drive and diligence a young Ronaldo had he would have been an automatic starter. There is a fine line between laid back elegance and dumbass laziness. Guess he ended up being on one side thinking he on the other.

Water Melon

Ralf was very clear in his comments about Antony. A solid offer needs to be made to convince the club to let the player leave. If not, Martial will have to either improve his performance levels or find himself without proper game time. We, as club and fans, will win in any case. The ball is now firmly in the player's court. Thank you gaffer. We needed that real reset at the club since a long time.

Last edited by a moderator:

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
Ralf was very clear in his comments about Antony. A solid offer needs to be made to convince the club to let the player leave. If not, Martial will have to either improve his performance levels or find himself without proper game time. We, as club and fans will win in any case. The ball is now firmly in the player's court. Thank you gaffer. We needed that real reset at the club since a long time.
This is exactly right.
The team and the business are the most important factors here.
We get paid and get rid of Le Sulky or he's not going to be allowed to leave.

Brilliant. Enjoy the reserves

The mere fact Martial wants to leave is the clincher for me. The new manager is here which means there is a chance for everyone to shine and Martial wants to leave. Says it all really.

Eli Zee

Pogba 275|K
Martial 250K
Jesse 100K
Mata 100K
Matic 100K
Jones 100K
Cavani 250K

Almost 1.2M/week (60M a year) can be saved on salaries
Not quite. Pogba, matic, cavani would definitely need replacing and that would easily be 400k+/week depending on who comes in. But yeah we are poorly run and throwing away money at this point on players like Pogba, martial, mata etc

Last edited:

AneRu

Ralf was very clear in his comments about Antony. A solid offer needs to be made to convince the club to let the player leave. If not, Martial will have to either improve his performance levels or find himself without proper game time. We, as club and fans, will win in any case. The ball is now firmly in the player's court. Thank you gaffer. We needed that real reset at the club since a long time.
Yeah was quite pleased with that too, as you said he threw the ball right back into Martial's court - 'you want out then get a club to make us an offer' - this will entail Martial taking a paycut to get his move which should ensure that we get good value.

Beans

Supports
Neutral
You have to be crazy to buy him. Buy him and you’re saying you’re okay with his wages. Wait till summer and no fee is needed and his last contact is history. I expect he’ll end up at Everton or someone like that, maybe a decent Italian team would take a shot, like Roma.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
You have to be crazy to buy him. Buy him and you’re saying you’re okay with his wages. Wait till summer and no fee is needed and his last contact is history. I expect he’ll end up at Everton or someone like that, maybe a decent Italian team would take a shot, like Roma.
He's got another two years on his contract after this season ends.

Beans

Supports
Neutral
He's got another two years on his contract after this season ends.
Oh God no…well thanks letting me know.
Then I expect he’ll be with us next season, unless we agree to pay part of his wages, or he agrees to a pay cut. Which tends to be a rare thing. Maybe Inter can save us again? Newcastle desperate for names?

AussieDevil

The injuries have taken their toll on his body too. The last few times he came on he looked stiff and as if he lost most of his agility. Plus he did have off field dramas in his early years and his attitude isn’t Manchester United quality

antsmithmk

Hates women.
The injuries have taken their toll on his body too. The last few times he came on he looked stiff and as if he lost most of his agility. Plus he did have off field dramas in his early years and his attitude isn’t Manchester United quality
As a squad player, I've no issue with his skills as a footballer. What sets him apart from other useful squad players over the years (Park, O'Shea etc etc) is effort and desire. When he is asked to do a job, it's like an inconvenience.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
No need to be so scared Isotope, just relax, I won't hurt/trick/abuse you. You were surprised with his wages so I want to know how much did you actually think his wages was?
Was I? I merely stated his wages from that twitter.

What are you trying to get/tell from this question or conversation, man? Just get to the point.

VanDeBank

Ma’am

What's clean about the club and the boss having to hear about his decision to leave through the media? It's a cnut move.

Thiagoal

I am genuinely finding it difficult to come up with teams that would want Antony on a permanent transfer and have to pay a fee.

Newcastle is a possibility- but would he want to play there? Inter Milan? I suspect a few will be in for him on a reduced wage loan deal but not sure that’ll suit United. Not an easy transfer out this one! A shame the China route is no longer available ala Fellaini

unclefredo

I think the only realistic option is some sort of loan deal unless he's willing to take a part cut - which he will have to if we want to sell.

Just serves to highlight some of the contract mismanagement of the past few years. Ridiculous when you think about it. We really have been so quick to "retain value" :houllier:

fps

This guy’s development has been destroyed by the chopping and changing and lack of proper training at Man Utd. Sure he’ll score for fun elsewhere in a system that suits him, while still blowing a bit hot and cold in all-around play. Replace Vlahovic or Martinez in Italy?

Status
Not open for further replies.