Martial's partner gives birth and the resultant hell from two warring factions

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
He may very well be. Doesn’t mean a striker who is actually a great player wouldn’t make them much better.
In a way Deschamps and Mou's tactic are very similar. I am not sure if Sanchez and martial or Rasford can copycat griezmann and Mbappe's role in the France NT. Lukaku is not as good as Giroud as a supporting target man though.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Well he was a better manager in just about every area so he may well have got he beat out of Martial. I’m not sure he’d have put up with sulking about squad numbers or not reporting for training when asked though. The questions is whether he’d have behaved that way under Alex Ferguson and we’ll never know the answer to that. Alex Ferguson for all his skills at developing players wasn’t one for putting up with players not giving their all. He got rid of Paul Ince and David Beckham at the drop of a hat when they got too big for their boots and they had accomplished a lot more than Martial has.
You aren't wrong. I often wonder how we'd have lined up with this squad under Fergie. What I do know is that with Lukaku, Martial, Rashford, and Sanchez, we'd have scored a lot of goals. And more often than not played with two up top. I miss those days of great partnerships. I can honestly imagine Fergie putting out the team below (not to say he ever really played a flat 4-4-2, more like a 4-4-1-1 that could morph into a 4-3-3, but you get the point):

Martial ___ Lukaku

Sanchez ____ Pogba _____ Matic ______ Rashford

Shaw ______ Jones ______ Bailly ______ Valencia

DDG​

acnumber9

You aren't wrong. I often wonder how we'd have lined up with this squad under Fergie. What I do know is that with Lukaku, Martial, Rashford, and Sanchez, we'd have scored a lot of goals. And more often than not played with two up top. I miss those days of great partnerships. I can honestly imagine Fergie putting out the team below (not to say he ever really played a flat 4-4-2, more like a 4-4-1-1 that could morph into a 4-3-3, but you get the point):

Martial ___ Lukaku

Sanchez ____ Pogba _____ Matic ______ Rashford

Shaw ______ Jones ______ Bailly ______ Valencia

DDG​
Rashford as a right winger sticks out as an issue. But I’d be very in favour of a 4-4-2. I think Martial and Sanchez would be more likely to swap positions though.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
He may very well be. Doesn’t mean a striker who is actually a great player wouldn’t make them much better.
Even if Martial score 60 goals last season he won't take giroud's spot. He will only compete with Mbappe for the right side forward position.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Rashford as a right winger sticks out as an issue. But I’d be very in favour of a 4-4-2. I think Martial and Sanchez would be more likely to swap positions though.
The point about Fergie is that his formations were often very fluid. So that 4-4-2 would become a 4-3-3 very easily. With Rashford moving into the front 3 and Sanchez into a role behind the strikers. They'd also all be fluid, interchanging positions. Alas......

Member 5225

Get out of Mourinho’s ass and smell the coffee. Not all his decisions are perfect.

According to some like you Martial has been shit for 2 years and thousands of fans singing his name are idiots and can’t recognize talent. You can tag everything you want on Martial if it makes you feel better, truth is every single attacker of ours has been mediocre, and there are wider issues going to the manager. I compromised on the style and his methods, but won’t have to swallow every shit unlike fans like you.
He doesn’t love you (or the club) as much as you seemingly love him. Let it go...

LoneStar

Wouldn't mind him leaving if he could take his fanbase to whichever club he goes to. Never seen fans go mental on a player who has done nothing significant with the club.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
The squad is returning to England tomorrow. What's the point of him flying to America just for a day or two?

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Maybe he's been training in Manchester this week instead of flying back? Would make the most sense in the first place.

Litch

My problem is it's currently impossible to no what to believe as everything appears to be based on the media report which is hardly reliable.

Silas

His girlfriend said on Instagram that she had some complications after giving birth and she thanked him for supporting her and the child. That may explain why he hasn't returned earlier..
Won't stop people from slating him.

maniwin

This guy should be back at Carrington instead & prepare himself so he has chance to start against Leicester for us , now he is literally made himself unavailable to be picked and who is going to be blamed by martial fc fans if he didn't start ? Jose Mourinho again.

Last edited:

breakout67

Supports
Man City
My problem is it's currently impossible to no what to believe as everything appears to be based on the media report which is hardly reliable.
I won't believe a single report regarding United and only listen to official sources. The meltdown from the post Liverpool interview was largely due to Journalists attributing answers to the wrong questions or ignoring the question all together and splicing together different answers to make them look like they are together.

Shimo

The squad is returning to England tomorrow. What's the point of him flying to America just for a day or two?
He could have flown out earlier, he could have said look boss, I am not going to fly all the way to LA, I will head to Miami, I will get a fitness coach, I will make my own way and I will make sure that when you get here, you can count on me at least for the game here and also so can be ready for the season.

Or he could have made his way back to Carrington and done everything in his power to just show a fighting attitude. However, he's chosen to take a path that to me, while I love what he can do when he plays to his potential, he has chosen to show no character at all.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
He could have flown out earlier, he could have said look boss, I am not going to fly all the way to LA, I will head to Miami, I will get a fitness coach, I will make my own way and I will make sure that when you get here, you can count on me at least for the game here and also so can be ready for the season.

Or he could have made his way back to Carrington and done everything in his power to just show a fighting attitude. However, he's chosen to take a path that to me, while I love what he can do when he plays to his potential, he has chosen to show no character at all.
He went home immediately to see his new born baby. He’s allowed that much. Having a child is infinitely more important than football, even to the professionals.

He’ll be back in action against Bayern, he’s only had a little bit of time off to support his wife and see his kid.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
This guy should be back at Carrington instead & prepare himself so he has chance to start against Leicester for us , now he is literally made himself unavailable to be picked and who is going to be blamed by martial fc fans if he didn't start ? Jose Mourinho again.
How do you know he hasnt been training at Carrington? Talking out of your ass. We dont know what the club told him or if hes actually training there.

Shimo

He went home immediately to see his new born baby. He’s allowed that much. Having a child is infinitely more important than football, even to the professionals.

He’ll be back in action against Bayern, he’s only had a little bit of time off to support his wife and see his kid.
And he did go back and spend time with his wife and baby. However, in my opinion I believe he is an immature kid that has not stayed behind because of the importance of spending time with his family but, he doesn't want to be here and for fight for his spot. This is just my opinion of me, a person that could easily be accused of being a Martial Fanboi, charter member of MartialFC - I think it sucked how he lost his place at the start of the year and was not given half the opportunities so called harder working players got because this is a guy I think that if he gets a run of games and the backing of the manager, he can be absolutely our most lethal threat on the pitch.

haram

Martial doesn’t care enough to contact anyone at the club? What is going on?

If he hasn't told anyone anything and is just AWOL he needs to be sacked imo. The club doesnt seem like it knows whats going on. He's good but not good enough for us to indulge him in that kind of behaviour. Thats the sign of a lost cause.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
If he hasn't told anyone anything and is just AWOL he needs to be sacked imo. The club doesnt seem like it knows whats going on. He's good but not good enough for us to indulge him in that kind of behaviour. Thats the sign of a lost cause.
Yeah same, the manager should know when he's coming back. This is disgraceful stuff by Martial.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
If his wife is having complications, I can understand him staying put for the first few days of the birth of his child. If he really is AWOL (and I take everything Mourinho says with a grain of bs), then he's probably also milking this opportunity to force a move out. People jumped the gun so early when he left saying he did so without permission which turned out to be false, let's see what happens over the next few days.

KM

"Anthony Martial? Is better for [press officer] Karen [Shotbolt] to answer if she wants to answer," Mourinho said when he was asked whether Martial would link up with his teammates. She replied: "We're here to talk about the game."

When another reporter pressed on whether Martial would rejoin the group, Mourinho added: "I don't know."
Doesn't look good at all. The press officer wouldn't have lied, if they genuinely knew when Martial was coming back.

If his wife is having complications, I can understand him staying put for the first few days of the birth of his child. If he really is AWOL (and I take everything Mourinho says with a grain of bs), then he's probably also milking this opportunity to force a move out. People jumped the gun so early when he left saying he did so without permission which turned out to be false, let's see what happens over the next few days.
That were newspaper rumors, this is straight from the manager's mouth.

el3mel

He's a goner. I think it was decided Martial will go to check his baby and rejoins the tour quickly as we're lacking players, but he decided to say a big feck off and didn't return and that was the breaking point in their already crap relationship.

Both Mourinho and Martial handled the situation very poorly.

Frank Grimes

He's a goner. I think it was decided Martial will go to check his baby and rejoins the tour quickly as we're lacking players, but he decided to say a big feck off and didn't return and that was the breaking point in their already crap relationship.

Both Mourinho and Martial handled the situation very poorly.
What did Mourinho do wrong?

el3mel

What did Mourinho do wrong?
I think he should have handled the transition from Martial to Sanchez in the second half of last season much better and more gradually. That seems to be the start of the break point. Martial attitude when he got benched and now didn't help either. Both are clearly not on the same line.

KM

I think he should have handled the transition from Martial to Sanchez in the second half of last season much better and more gradually. That seems to be the start of the break point. Martial attitude when he got benched and now didn't help either. Both are clearly not on the same line.
This doesn't excuse Martial's agent comments and his attitude right now. It looks like he told his team mates already that he won't be coming back to US, but didn't do to that to the manager

Frank Grimes

I think he should have handled the transition from Martial to Sanchez in the second half of last season much better and more gradually. The seems to be the star of the break point. Martial attitude when he got benched and now didn't help either. Both are clearly not on the same line.
I'm delighted we have Sanchez, twice the player.

el3mel

This doesn't excuse Martial's agent comments and his attitude right now. It looks like he told his team mates already that he won't be coming back to US, but didn't do to that to the manager
That's what I said. His "feck it" attitude during the 2 games he played and after he left the tour didn't help either. There's no problem going to check for your kid but the squad is severely lacking he should have shown commitment and returned earlier to help the team that actually pays him his money. He seems he decided to take the chance and say feck off to Mourinho which made the latter's blood boil.

el3mel

I'm delighted we have Sanchez, twice the player.
Don't disagree. Anyway we have 3 players on the left and it was inevitable one has to leave. Rashford seems to be more content with the bench role. We aren't going to lose much anyway. Just thought both should have handled this situation better.

KM

That's what I said. His "feck it" attitude during the 2 games he played and after he left the tour didn't help either. There's no problem going to check for your kid but the squad is severely lacking he should have shown commitment and returned earlier to help the team that actually pays him his money. He seems he decided to take the chance and say feck off to Mourinho which made the latter's blood boil.
I've no problem with him seeking as many as days he wants as long he's notifying the manager.

el3mel

I've no problem with him seeking as many as days he wants as long he's notifying the manager.
Considering Mourinho quotes the previous game it doesn't look like the case. They probably agreed on him returning at a certain point and Martial simply decided to not return on his own.

Member 5225

Most of us have seen this coming for ages. He's a very very talented player, but ultimately a huge prima donna and has no guts to 'fight'. I think even SAF as manager would've shipped him off - the lack of courage / temprament / EQ / grit / determination, call it what you will is so frustrating!!

Jojo <3 Mou

Its all looking not very good. But, let's agree to not speculate and destroy reputations either way.
Wait until we have more info before we make accusations.

Status
Not open for further replies.