Martial's partner gives birth and the resultant hell from two warring factions

Status
Not open for further replies.

phyniks

Supports
Esteghlal Iran
Just let him go.
We need players with better personality.

maniwin

Most of us have seen this coming for ages. He's a very very talented player, but ultimately a huge prima donna and has no guts to 'fight'. I think even SAF as manager would've shipped him off - the lack of courage / temprament / EQ / grit / determination, call it what you will is so frustrating!!
Talent alone means feck all , just look at Ravel Morrison. if anyone here thought Pep would made Martial flourish , they are just simply clueless , Pep ask his attacker to press up high and to track back even more than Mourinho , ask them to attack space more often, Martial would be one of the first name Pep sold. He will end up playing in middle level club. No other big club seems interested to bid him this summer either.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Talent alone means feck all , just look at Ravel Morrison. if anyone here thought Pep would made Martial flourish , they are just simply clueless , Pep ask his attacker to press up high and to track back even more than Mourinho , ask them to attack space more often, Martial would be one of the first name Pep sold. He will end up playing in middle level club. No other big club seems interested to bid him this summer either.
Chelsea and Spur want him, but not sure any club will pay the 80M asking price. It seems like he will sit on the bench till his contract expires.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
I think it's obvious that his united career is over , Jose won't sell to Chelsea though and we want Toby so I can see a deal being made with spurs

Crashoutcassius

Put75m tag on him and leave him on the bench until contract goes. We can't show players that this type of thing works. You fully commit or you don't play until someone pays your inflated price tag

Kostov

It’s obvious he wants to leave and will use this to force a move. Shame, I won't defend that kind of attitude towards the club.

buckooo1978

Shouldn't he atleast be back in Carrington now along with Lindelof?
I think he must be surely

gonna reserve judgement on this until I hear different

it would have been good man management from Mourinho had he told Martial to train rather than head back to the states

Rajma

Just bring Willian and ship this guy if he has a beef with Jose since the manager is going nowhere - we can’t afford to waste another season having no RW.

phyniks

Supports
Esteghlal Iran
We should sell him immediately.
The more he stays,the more he forces the pressure to the club and his price will decrease.

Ban

Jose said he don't know if Martial will join the group when they all come back.

Jones, Rashford and Lukaku have shortened their holidays by 3 days.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
We should sell him immediately.
The more he stays,the more he forces the pressure to the club and his price will decrease.
It's a no brainer. You never keep a player who wants to leave and who you don't intent to give much playing time. No one wins in this scenario

JohnnyKills

If Martial has gone on strike then that's extremely poor from his side. He hasn't come out of this saga well at all.

But perhaps we should wait to see what his camp says about the situation before making judgement. Not that that will stop anyone on here.

Ban

If Martial has gone on strike then that's extremely poor from his side. He hasn't come out of this saga well at all.

But perhaps we should wait to see what his camp says about the situation before making judgement. Not that that will stop anyone on here.
Why wait, if he doesn't rejoin the group he's on strike.

JoaquinJoaquin

I think the club should be looking at buyers now this close to the window closing. He obviously doesn't want to play here, and is very similar to the Di Maria situation a few years back.

Call up Inter and start the Perisic deal.

flappyjay

Why wait, if he doesn't rejoin the group he's on strike.
We will have a better understanding when the team returns to the u.k. If he really is on strike Jose won't allow him to train with the rest of the team.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
IF he's gone awol then that's that. You can't have a player with such shite mentality around, it's inexcusable.

Smores

IF he's gone awol then that's that. You can't have a player with such shite mentality around, it's inexcusable.
Certainly sounds like it or the press officer would have given a diplomatic answer i feel. You never know there could be some health issues with mother or baby that we're trying to keep private for him but i doubt it.

If he has gone awol then we need to just get rid. Things might not be going exactly as he'd liked but they aren't so bad to justify this crap.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
Certainly sounds like it or the press officer would have given a diplomatic answer i feel. You never know there could be some health issues with mother or baby that we're trying to keep private for him but i doubt it.

If he has gone awol then we need to just get rid. Things might not be going exactly as he'd liked but they aren't so bad to justify this crap.
I think we should sell.

But only if our price us met. If it isn't, keep him.

Suarez went on strike to force a move out of Liverpool to Arsenal. They didn't budge. Got over it and started playing thereafter .

Him and his agent need to know who is boss.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Should be fined by the club and told to get back to work.
Trigger his one year extension and tell his agent he's not going anywhere unless it's in the best interests of the club.

If he wants to stay in the reserves, remind him no one will be wanting him unless he performs.

The whole situation has been mishandled by Jose and the club, they should have intervened when Jose started his shit with Martial. However, irrespective of Jose, the club pays his salary so he needs to honour his fecking contract.

Kostov

Trigger his one year extension and tell his agent he's not going anywhere unless it's in the best interests of the club.

If he wants to stay in the reserves, remind him no one will be wanting him unless he performs.

The whole situation has been mishandled by Jose and the club, they should have intervened when Jose started his shit with Martial. However, irrespective of Jose, the club pays his salary so he needs to honour his fecking contract.
Good post, and I agree completely.

Beagle

I agree it's poor from him but I can sort of see his thinking. Especially with the Sanchez signing. It's like the club believed upgrading the LW position was more urgent than the RW position where we had no natural right sided players.

Obviously this logic is not very sound but he could be thinking along similar lines.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
I love the guy, I really do.

But if I don't see him in any training pics when we get back to Carrington he can feck off.

It wasn't acceptable when Di Maria ducked out of pre-season, it shouldn't be acceptable for him either.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
We don't have any information but as a general comment it doesn't matter whether you are in a good or bad mood, whether your boss like you or not, you need to act professionally and it means being present and doing your job the best of your abilities. Now, based on the tweet that I have seen, there is no reason to freak out yet.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
This situation is very disappointing.

He had the tools to be a superstar here, but it's been wasted.

I really hope there is less to this than being portrayed in the media, but the responses of Jose and the press officer were pretty damning.

Even after the PL window slams shut, I think he's destined to go now.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
Sanchez’s endeavour last night (in a friendly) was more than Martial would contribute in a cup final. Practically every manager in world football would have Sanchez over Martial due to that fact alone, never mind their other qualities. It’s gone beyond the point of redemption for him at United now. Hopefully his sympathisers will get fed up of making excuses for him now, too.

Member 90887

Intervene to do what ? force him to play him? what shit ? he didn't rate him more than Alexis, so did not play him. he tried him on the right, he was shit. so decided to trust Alexis rather than Martial.

that's not a scoop, managers don't rate players. We're not Real Madrid, nobody will force the manager to play someone he does not rate.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I thought all the gnashing of teeth was actuary based on something :lol:

Member 90887

Sanchez’s endeavour last night (in a friendly) was more than Martial would contribute in a cup final. Practically every manager in world football would have Sanchez over Martial due to that fact alone, never mind their other qualities. It’s gone beyond the point of redemption for him at United now. Hopefully his sympathisers will get fed up of making excuses for him now, too.
Exactly.

Even last year when he was misfiring, you could see the motivation in Sanchez, you could see him try again and again and again.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Intervene to do what ? force him to play him? what shit ? he didn't rate him more than Alexis, so did not play him. he tried him on the right, he was shit. so decided to trust Alexis rather than Martial.

that's not a scoop, managers don't rate players. We're not Real Madrid, nobody will force the manager to play someone he does not rate.
I don't care, Jose's behaviour has been despicable. Martial is an asset who the club acquired for a lot of money. Jose should have been told to manage the situation better.
Even when Martial performed the fecker couldn't get a compliment out of his mouth for the lad.

Irrespective of that, if he's on 'strike', then he should be punished. It's out of order.

Status
Not open for further replies.