Martial's partner gives birth and the resultant hell from two warring factions

Status
Not open for further replies.

SER19

She gave birth in Paris which is where Martial flew to.
At this point let’s hope it’s where he stays and we get a good fee from PSG if we have a back up striker lined up. Give me the likes of solskjser one million times over Martial, regardless of talent

100m plus Martial for mbappe. Would they take it?

Ban

Of course maybe media is just shit stirring again but wouldn't surprise me if Martial just decided to not to come back.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
I'm a big believer in his talent but he is a spineless coward to not even be willing to fight for his place in the side.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
At this point let’s hope it’s where he stays and we get a good fee from PSG if we have a back up striker lined up. Give me the likes of solskjser one million times over Martial, regardless of talent

100m plus Martial for mbappe. Would they take it?
They would be nuts to take that.

SER19

They would be nuts to take that.
101?

Seriously mbappe is the player that could elevate united and lift the spirits of everybody. Pace and talent down the right. I’d break the bank personally

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
101?

Seriously mbappe is the player that could elevate united and lift the spirits of everybody. Pace and talent down the right. I’d break the bank personally
I would be delighted too but it's not going to happen sorry.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Young players need trust and the continuity of starts to learn from the mistakes they make and apply them in game, not from the bench. There were several occasions throughout the last two seasons where Martial had come back into the team, done well and then was straight back out again. His mentality should be better but it would have been disheartening from his point of view.
'Done well' in what way?

We have seen with Rashford, Lingard and Young that you can force your way in if you work for the team and have moments of quality to back it up. We have also seen with Rashford and Pogba that you can force your way out if you stop doing those things.

Martial has moments of quality and plays for himself for most of the game. It's as if he's unaware of what the team is doing and is just waiting in the same general area to receive the ball. Would it kill him to make a run behind the defense more once every few games? Sanchez and Rashford do it plenty. It's been two years and he still hasn't got that into his game, and it's not as if it's a lack of coaching since Rashford has developed some very good wing play in the last 2 seasons.

red_de_pologne

Was my favourite United player until recently, but bloody hell he's acting as he's prime Zlatan, when in fact he's still young and had a lot of chances at a huge club last couple of seasons. I don't see a top tier club giving him automatic first 11 place, he probably will shine in a solid club like Dortmund, Roma or Spurs which could propel him to a Barca/Real tier club. He could also become a top player at United but seems to have given up on that.

El-Manos

He’s starting to do my head in with his unprofessional behaviour. Wanted him to stay but i’m in the process of changing my mind. If we sell, it has to be abroad though.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
'Done well' in what way?

We have seen with Rashford, Lingard and Young that you can force your way in if you work for the team and have moments of quality to back it up. We have also seen with Rashford and Pogba that you can force your way out if you stop doing those things.

Martial has moments of quality and plays for himself for most of the game. It's as if he's unaware of what the team is doing and is just waiting in the same general area to receive the ball. Would it kill him to make a run behind the defense more once every few games? Sanchez and Rashford do it plenty. It's been two years and he still hasn't got that into his game, and it's not as if it's a lack of coaching since Rashford has developed some very good wing play in the last 2 seasons.
Done well as in producing goals and assists and not being rewarded with trust. He’s had the full support of Mourinho and that’s just the way it is.

I agree with your other points, I get frustrated with his lack of movement too but how do we know he’s not getting told to be static? We don’t really know what goes on tactically, all we have is our observation.

He’s a better talent than Rashford, has more quality and would thrive if he was given the confidence to perform. That’s just my opinion.

As it stands just now, that’s not going to happen due to his unwillingness to fight which is disappointing and his lack of mentality may well stop him from becoming great. Then again, it may be another one of Mourinho’s near misses.

MUFC OK

He's given up on playing for Utd it seems. On his day an excellent player, exiting talent, but I don't think he has the hunger to make it at a club like United.

Let's just sell him for a decent price, and get a fullback or right winger instead.
It seems he is indeed that.

Henrik Larsson

Still logged in at RAWK (help!)
Was my favourite United player until recently, but bloody hell he's acting as he's prime Zlatan, when in fact he's still young and had a lot of chances at a huge club last couple of seasons. I don't see a top tier club giving him automatic first 11 place, he probably will shine in a solid club like Dortmund, Roma or Spurs which could propel him to a Barca/Real tier club. He could also become a top player at United but seems to have given up on that.
Exactly. And it's funny you bring up Zlatan, because I was just about to go on a huge rant an mention he wasn't exactly a guaranteed starter at Ajax when he was Martial's age. Neither was Van Persie at Feyenoord, and yet this injustice doesn't seem to have stopped them from developping into great players. But no Anthony Martial who's got 97 games at Manchester United in the last two seasons is being treated so unfairly.

Having said that, personally I actually hope we don't sell him. If there's no valid reason for his current behaviour, fine him and let him train with the reserves for two weeks. After that just use him whenever needed and if he doesn't want to sign a new contract, trigger his extension and keep him for another year. Sick and tired of our own players and their agents trying to get one over us. This is not realistic though and could be pretty pointless.

PepsiCola

If that is true then I really can't see what the complaints are about. If there is a complication with the birth then as a father he should be there.
But attitude and commitment and training and stuff

Canagel

I'm a big believer in his talent but he is a spineless coward to not even be willing to fight for his place in the side.
He fought the whole of last season and where did that get him? His mind was made up to leave a long time ago. I'm not even sure why people are acting surprised at this. Something like this was always going to happen and the birth of his child is just another excuse.

acnumber9

If that is true then I really can't see what the complaints are about. If there is a complication with the birth then as a father he should be there at least till things are clearer.
He must be bloody Nostradamus then if it’s true he told other players he had no intention of returning. While I’m aware that was just a rumour the fact is he hasn’t returned.

acnumber9

He fought the whole of last season and where did that get him? His mind was made up to leave a long time ago. I'm not even sure why people are acting surprised at this. Something like this was always going to happen and the birth of his child is just another excuse.
He fought for half of last season.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
He fought till Sanchez came in, gave up after that really with the odd decent performance here and there.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Done well as in producing goals and assists and not being rewarded with trust. He’s had the full support of Mourinho and that’s just the way it is.

I agree with your other points, I get frustrated with his lack of movement too but how do we know he’s not getting told to be static? We don’t really know what goes on tactically, all we have is our observation.

He’s a better talent than Rashford, has more quality and would thrive if he was given the confidence to perform. That’s just my opinion.

As it stands just now, that’s not going to happen due to his unwillingness to fight which is disappointing and his lack of mentality may well stop him from becoming great. Then again, it may be another one of Mourinho’s near misses.
The problem with that is that the manager has said countless times that goals and assists cannot mask over poor overall performances. He shipped out Mkhitaryan for exactly that as he complained about him having a low level of performance despite him being one of our most productive players.

He's said it so many times that I'm surprised that it's not common knowledge since there's always a meltdown over his interviews. It's not about scoring, but how you score. Lukaku would probably have come out with massive credit after we beat Arsenal 3-1 despite not getting a goal or assist because he facilitated the play of the team.

Martial played 7 games in a row at the end of 2017. Soon after that we got Sanchez, it's safe to say that he got rewarded with a run in the team and was found wanting.

ZlatMan

I guess we're stuck with him until his contract runs out or he get back to the player he was in his first season because I can't think of PSG or Bayern willing to pay us £50m+ if Martial keeps that awful attitude. In fact, he's driving down his value and that's not good us for it the financial sense. Talent wise he is light-years ahead of Rashford and much younger than Sanchez but his overall laziness is holding him back. You can criticise Mourinho as much as you like but you can't say he didn't play him enough when Martial is almost a squad regular and even he was deep out of form.

If he wants to leave that's up to him but at least give some respect to the club that took a huge gamble in getting him as a teenager with the hope of developing into one of the future world greats.

Jib

He has already lost 2 precious years. He's 22, he must play 90 min every week. And seing that the club asked 80 millions to let him go while no club will put that sum for a player who hasn't really improved in 2 years, he's angry...

I think he does it to bring down the price, he has nothing to lose. In the worst case, he stays and Mourinho puts him on the bench ... like the previous 2 seasons.

Member 5225

Just the regular timely reminder that he was involved in 30 league games last season...

Greck

Should have been available for the Madrid game. Doesn't help himself tbf. Needed to get a game in before Leicester

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Just the regular timely reminder that he was involved in 30 league games last season...
It's an important point. I might add that he was involved in 58% of these games and 20% of the total of league goals.

nycender

If you’re a 22 year old playing for one of the biggest clubs in world football and making a kings ransom and you can’t apply yourself to try and be the best version of your self then honestly I don’t see how anyone has any time for him. Way too many excuses made for this guy. We have lost far, far better players.

tidraKS

I think Mourinho is making this more of a story that is really is. I think he knows what is happening behind the scenes, but he just wants to put pressure off himself and add it to Martial. A manager of Manchester United knows where his players are or what are they doing when they're not training.

So, I think he really wants to make an excuse to sell Martial or not to eventually play him when he's back.

Irish Jet

Supports
Anyone but Rashford
His fans have made excuses for him at every turn but the reality is he’s never nailed down his place in the team despite several opportunities to do so. In fact he was the starting LW when Jose arrived and lost his place due to form, deservedly.

His attitude on the pitch is just terrible and he makes such poor use of the talent he has. A player with those physical attributes should be torturing defenders and yet he’s content to jog around and wait for the play to come to him. There’s just a lack of intensity he doesn’t have the ability to justify.

Refusing to show for work though is a new low and any United fan defending it should take a look at themselves. Whatever his difference with the manager he still has a professional obligation to train – He has his teammates, the club and the supporters to play for and yet he still no shows in a difficult moment. It’s disgraceful and will probably put off other clubs. Rashford may be equally frustrated with playing time yet he sees the opportunity and comes back early rather than sulk and down tools. Martial was actually pencilled in to start vs Leicester according to Jose and he still pulls this stunt. No desire at all to compete for a place.

I think we’ll get him out before the window. A deadline deal with Spurs would be my bet with Aldeweireld coming to us. However he performs for another club, and I’ve no doubt he’ll play like his life depends on it against us, I’ll not miss him. He was a petulant prat who could never be relied on him. Heading into a big away game you just knew he’d offer little to nothing.

Ban

I think Mourinho is making this more of a story that is really is. I think he knows what is happening behind the scenes, but he just wants to put pressure off himself and add it to Martial. A manager of Manchester United knows where his players are or what are they doing when they're not training.

So, I think he really wants to make an excuse to sell Martial or not to eventually play him when he's back.
It must be that. With Jose it's always some evil plan behind it. I mean if Martial hasnt come up to training Jose surely knows where he is. I mean every manager knows what his players are doing when they're not training. Its common knowledge. Nasty Jose and his mind games.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I a fan of his but can't give a shit about him right now.
However, I think people are jumping the gun. Mourinho hasn't said he's gone AWOL. He said he doesn't know if he's going to go AWOL.
There's no need to start bashing Martial or Mourinho yet.

ash_86

He just needs to go end of. There isn't one club where he won't face competition. Sane was on fire last season and still Pep wanted to bring in Sanchez . Which top club will give him a free ride ? High time he gets out of the club . There is no substitute for hard work

ash_86

Take a bow son

Litch

Depends on how you hear it. To me its like saying someones injured and I dont know when hes coming back. All jose is saying is he doesnt know when hes coming back and maybe nor does Martial. No one knows whether there have been complications since the birth. Jose can however be very mischievous in how he says stuff and often he implies things that could be seen negatively.
Not heard anything to say Martial wants to leave and if anything, hes unhappy. Its not the same.
Martial for me doesnt help himself though....

Last edited:

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Regardless of his plans post pre-season he had the chance to impress during this trip to America and not only to potentially revive his United career but really impress potential suitors. Cant imagine anyone will be impressed with his conduct now

Status
Not open for further replies.