Martin Ødegaard | Arsenal player

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Pisses me off that we let him go for the Mbappé war chest. He's exactly the player we would need to replace Luka next year

Care_de_Bobo

Poor guy would be getting POTY in any other season.
He really wouldn't. Are we forgetting the ridiculous seasons put up by players like De Bruyne, Suarez, Ronaldo, Rooney, Van Persie, Salah, Bale, Mahrez, Kante, Shearer, Keane, Gerrard, Terry and Henry. He doesn't really come close to any of those and plenty of players have had better individual sessons than him and not come close to winning the award.

Donaldo

Caf Vigilante
Supports
Arsenal
He really wouldn't. Are we forgetting the ridiculous seasons put up by players like De Bruyne, Suarez, Ronaldo, Rooney, Van Persie, Salah, Bale, Mahrez, Kante, Shearer, Keane, Gerrard, Terry and Henry. He doesn't really come close to any of those and plenty of players have had better individual sessons than him and not come close to winning the award.
Are they playing in 2022-23........?

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
Interesting to see where he ends up. He's still only 24, I wouldn't bet against Madrid taking him back.

bringbackbebe

Interesting to see where he ends up. He's still only 24, I wouldn't bet against Madrid taking him back.
He needs to be in a team where he is important, similar to Saka. I'd be damned if he's stupid enough to go back to Madrid. He seems to be enjoying the attention & praise he's getting at Arsenal.

He's top 3 in POTY & will only lose out to Haaland/De Bruyne if City win the league, which is most likely going to happen.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I’ll wait until another season like this before judging him.

DOTA

He needs to be in a team where he is important, similar to Saka. I'd be damned if he's stupid enough to go back to Madrid. He seems to be enjoying the attention & praise he's getting at Arsenal.
I imagine that'll wear off over time. He's reached that level where players expect to be playing Champions League football, I don't know if attention and praise will stop him seeking such elsewhere the next time they fail to qualify.

ti vu

I imagine that'll wear off over time. He's reached that level where players expect to be playing Champions League football, I don't know if attention and praise will stop him seeking such elsewhere the next time they fail to qualify.
I don't think he has that potential to go higher. Even if he believes in his hype and leaves, I doubt Real Madrid would like to take him back. He was not popular there, and Madrid dressing room is political as much as talent on the pitch.

Floyd

Doesn't like his Tagline played with
Why would he have to move? He's the captain of a great Arsenal team in the best league in the world, he doesn't have to go anywhere unless Arsenal decide to become utter crap again.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
I mean he's at most arsenal's 3rd best player. He's been great, but poty is a bit of an exageration

Mike Smalling

I mean he's at most arsenal's 3rd best player. He's been great, but poty is a bit of an exageration
Who would say has been better over the entire season? Saka is the only one that really comes to mind for me.

I don’t like Ødegaard, but I think he’s a great player and super important to how Arsenal play.

Lyng

He is one the biggest reason they arent a midtable club. He is integral to their play. Only Saka might be a better player this season, and the latter wouldnt be putting up these numbers without Ødegaard.

DOTA

Why would he have to move? He's the captain of a great Arsenal team in the best league in the world, he doesn't have to go anywhere unless Arsenal decide to become utter crap again.
You could've said very similar things about Kane upon a time but I think it's clear he regrets not leaving, in large part because they became crap again, as is always a likely to happen before long.

ROFLUTION

Who would say has been better over the entire season? Saka is the only one that really comes to mind for me.

I don’t like Ødegaard, but I think he’s a great player and super important to how Arsenal play.
Ødegaard, Martinelli and Saka are quite equal if you ask me. Same sort of output in them, but Saka has penalties, so maybe Ødegaard and Martinelli. All have been great. Martinelli has had a similar season to Rashford who we all rave about.

zaafi

If you're thinking of Martinelli as the better player, you're wrong. I don't think there's any Arsenal fan out there that would say Martinelli is better either. Ødegaard has better stats than Martinelli in the Premier League playing from midfield while also being the orchestrator of their play. He is much more important than Martinelli.

Mike Smalling

Ødegaard, Martinelli and Saka are quite equal if you ask me. Same sort of output in them, but Saka has penalties, so maybe Ødegaard and Martinelli. All have been great. Martinelli has had a similar season to Rashford who we all rave about.
I would put Ødegaard and Saka as being quite equal, with Martinelli a small step below them. Ødegaard is both responsible for dictating their play, and he pops up with a lot of goals as well.

In hindsight, you could maybe argue that Saliba has been as important as anyone for Arsenal. So maybe the top three would be Saliba, Ødegaard and Saka.

ROFLUTION

I would put Ødegaard and Saka as being quite equal, with Martinelli a small step below them. Ødegaard is both responsible for dictating their play, and he pops up with a lot of goals as well.

In hindsight, you could maybe argue that Saliba has been as important as anyone for Arsenal. So maybe the top three would be Saliba, Ødegaard and Saka.
I think Martinelli has been involved in more important situations than Saka. He just does everything so simple and easy, takes the right decisions, finishes tidy, crosses well - but it doesnt get noticed as much as Saka who’s a great dribbler.

Mike Smalling

I think Martinelli has been involved in more important situations than Saka. He just does everything so simple and easy, takes the right decisions, finishes tidy, crosses well - but it doesnt get noticed as much as Saka who’s a great dribbler.
Saka provides a lot more assists and handles the ball better I would say. But it’s close. Arsenal are fortunate to have their wings sorted for a long time, if they can keep fit and motivated.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I’d put Saka and HMPartey as their best two players. Odegaard is probably third.

Ted Lasso

Yet another reminder the best place to shop is off Real Madrid's departures

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid

He is one the biggest reason they arent a midtable club. He is integral to their play. Only Saka might be a better player this season, and the latter wouldnt be putting up these numbers without Ødegaard.
So that's 2 people already mentioning Saka
If you're thinking of Martinelli as the better player, you're wrong. I don't think there's any Arsenal fan out there that would say Martinelli is better either. Ødegaard has better stats than Martinelli in the Premier League playing from midfield while also being the orchestrator of their play. He is much more important than Martinelli.
No, i'm not thinking Martinelli, though i'd say it's pretty equal between him, Odegaard, Partey and Xhaka
I’d put Saka and HMPartey as their best two players. Odegaard is probably third.
And another one

And Arsenal actual best player is Gabriel Jesus. Not for the season only because of the long injury, but when fit he's been easily their best player

Lyng

No, i'm not thinking Martinelli, though i'd say it's pretty equal between him, Odegaard, Partey and Xhaka

And another one

And Arsenal actual best player is Gabriel Jesus. Not for the season only because of the long injury, but when fit he's been easily their best player
Look at what happened during Gabriel Jesus injury - nothing. They didnt dip one bit.
However when Ødegaard doesnt play well the whole of Arsenal is bad.

Mike Smalling

They continued winning in his absence though, but started dropping points when Saliba was missing. As attacking players go, I’d take Saka or Ødegaard before Jesus any day of the week.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Look at what happened during Gabriel Jesus injury - nothing. They didnt dip one bit.
However when Ødegaard doesnt play well the whole of Arsenal is bad.
I'd say it's the other way around actually - Odegaard doesn't play well when Arsenal doesn't play well.
They continued winning in his absence though, but started dropping points when Saliba was missing. As attacking players go, I’d take Saka or Ødegaard before Jesus any day of the week.
It's a really good team and Nketiah played well!

Do agree Saliba is their most crucial player, mainly because they don't have as good a backup compared to the attacking players

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
:lol:

He's been very good all season but I thought he was pretty poor in the recent games where we've dropped points.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016

And another one

:lol: behave

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Their top 3 players have been Saka, Partey and Odegaard and Odegaard has been the best of them.

The-Mezzala

Pisses me off that we let him go for the Mbappé war chest. He's exactly the player we would need to replace Luka next year
I was shocked when you sold him: he is modric 2.0. Perfect Heir. You must have a buy back option

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Been quality this season. He can actually play deeper aswell. We could do with a player like him to rotate with eriksen.