Martin Ødegaard | Arsenal player

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Taking out every bit of potential Real Madrid bought him for when he was 15. Player of the season in the Premier League so far.

Fergies Gum

Taking out every bit of potential Real Madrid bought him for when he was 15. Player of the season in the Premier League so far.
Not sure if you aware, but we have a certain striker who is breaking records left, right and centre in his first season in the league.

Scored a hat-trick today by the way.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Not sure if you aware, but we have a certain striker who is breaking records left, right and centre in his first season in the league.

Scored a hat-trick today by the way.
Ødegaard is having a much bigger effect on his team

Haaland can score 97 against Craggy Island United but is he deciding matches that which are tight? Is he pulling City over the line when they need it?

PSV

Ødegaard is having a much bigger effect on his team

Haaland can score 97 against Craggy Island United but is he deciding matches that which are tight? Is he pulling City over the line when they need it?
Take away his goals City have 19 points less. Same for Ødegaard and the number is 14. (For our sake Rashford would be worth 13).

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
Can't believe we used to debate Ødegaard v Bruno. Where does he even go from here? He's not exactly going to go back to Madrid.
In fairness to Bruno, whist they play similar positions they are very different kinds of players.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
More poor recruitment in the past not to see this opportunity. Endless list.

FeedTheGoat

Supports
Man City
Partey has a stronger argument ATM. Both have been brilliant though.
Rodri has been our best player all year. Not saying he should be POTY but hard to make a case for another CDM. Bruno at Newcastle has been superb every time I have watched him as well. A

Last edited:

Scandi Red

Hates Music.
I can't imagine a non united fan putting him in top 3 of the league. A really long stretch
He's arguably the best player on the 4th best team so I don't find it that crazy.

I think a lot of neutrals who watch United would put Casemiro on Team Of The Season(so far).

Last edited:

Scandi Red

Hates Music.
In fairness to Bruno, whist they play similar positions they are very different kinds of players.
They are probably more similar than different so I can understand the comparisons. Same position, same size, hardworking, versatile and a killer pass.

But when Bruno plays out of position he's typically put on the wings whereas Ødegaard has played CM a lot for Norway and Real Sociedad if I remember correctly. That probably tells you what you need to know about their differences. Ødegaard is more comfortable under pressure and makes far fewer mistakes and Bruno is generally a bigger goal threat.

Now that Ødegaard scores and assists a lot he's not only better than Bruno but arguably De Bruyne too. At least this season. He needs to keep it up of course, but having just turned 24 the future looks really bright for him.

Last edited:

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
He's arguably the best player on the 3rd best team so I don't find it that crazy.

I think a lot of neutrals who watch United would put Casemiro on Team Of The Season(so far).
Easily.

Nish115

Supports
Arsenal
Pope
Trippier - Saliba - Botman - Zinchenko
Partey/Casemiro
Odegaard - KDB
Saka - Haaland - Rashford

Something like that. Partey and Casemiro are 50/50 tbh.​

Judas

Open to offers
He’s looking like being everything the early promise suggested. Arsenal have got themselves the sort of player who can make a ridiculous difference long term.

Hope Real try and sign him back.

erikcred

With players like this at Arsenal now, maybe it's time for City to resume using them as a feeder club.

troylocker

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Who is better between Odegaard and KDB at the same age ?
KDB at the same age had that monsterseason at Wolfsburg, where he scored 16 and assisted 28 while carrying them to 2nd in the league and a DFB-pokal. The form Odegaard's had since just before the WC is up there and there is no doubt he's having a massive impact on Arsenal this season.
Will he become a consistant 25+ goals/assists per season midfielder in a trophy-winning team? Too early to tell, but if he does then he'll be up there with the very best.

That elastico pass to Xhaka was something else...

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
KDB at the same age had that monsterseason at Wolfsburg, where he scored 16 and assisted 28 while carrying them to 2nd in the league and a DFB-pokal. The form Odegaard's had since just before the WC is up there and there is no doubt he's having a massive impact on Arsenal this season.
Will he become a consistant 25+ goals/assists per season midfielder in a trophy-winning team? Too early to tell, but if he does then he'll be up there with the very best.

That elastico pass to Xhaka was something else...
These comparison is really not necessary. Also if i remember correctly Zidane, Xavi, Iniesta even Modric all didn't have impressive G/A.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
He’s looking like being everything the early promise suggested. Arsenal have got themselves the sort of player who can make a ridiculous difference long term.

Hope Real try and sign him back.
Hopefully he sends them a "no thankyou" letter in perfect Spanish

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
See, I was clearly being silly but that's a real argument you could actually make so now I'm confused whether you're being equally silly or not.
In an honest discussion, Martin is definitely individually better. John Arne is by far the most accomplished of the two though.

Mike Smalling

See, I was clearly being silly but that's a real argument you could actually make so now I'm confused whether you're being equally silly or not.
Yeah, I was trying to be silly, but Riise actually did win that CL with Liverpool and a few domestic cups. You can swap in Brede Hangeland instead - that should leave no room for confusion.

ZainCRse7en

Did anybody caught his slick dragback pass to Xhaka in the 2nd half? Like how do you even do that? Just a talented, talented footballer. Him in our side would be pure magic.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
He still doesn't come close to John Arne Riise, let's be real.
Daniel Braaten and Trond Erik Bertelsen guided my QPR, Palermo, Nurnberg AND Nottingham Forest sides all to multiple titles in CM03/04.

Erik the Red himself can't touch that kind of all-conquering record.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
In an honest discussion, Martin is definitely individually better. John Arne is by far the most accomplished of the two though.
Neither can touch Tore Andre Flo just yet though.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Did anybody caught his slick dragback pass to Xhaka in the 2nd half? Like how do you even do that? Just a talented, talented footballer. Him in our side would be pure magic.
The skill in itself isn't hard but thinking of doing it at the precise moment is what made so fecking brilliant

nufc-forever

Supports
newcastle
World class, but in addition I really like his leadership, without screaming, without blaming his team mates, without wavinf his hands in the air.. very likeable player.

tentan

Poor man's poster.
Do Madrid have a buy back clause? Maybe he's Modric/Kroos replacement in the near future