Position: Goalkeeper
Foot: Right
Player Agent: SPOCS Global Sports
Contract Expires: Jun 30, 2023
Contract Option: Option to Buy
On Loan From: Newcastle United

Contract There Expires: Jun 30, 2025​

Lyng

This is a very shrewd signing. He claims the ball more, sweeps more and is very good at successful long passes. All while only having a slightly worse shot stopping Stat to De Gea. I am quite confident he will claim the number 1 spot this season.

Alemar

We need to play him in Europa league and have a look. If he does very well, ETH may start to play him in EPL too, but it also depends on DDG performance

croadyman

This is a very shrewd signing. He claims the ball more, sweeps more and is very good at successful long passes. All while only having a slightly worse shot stopping Stat to De Gea. I am quite confident he will claim the number 1 spot this season.
Doesn't look like he's in the plans for Sociedad, perhaps will be utilised in League Cup,FA Cup and when already qualified from Europa League group.

Lyng

Doesn't look like he's in the plans for Sociedad, perhaps will be utilised in League Cup,FA Cup and when already qualified from Europa League group.
Shame really. Europa league would be a perfect place to get a feel for him.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
If Henderson couldn't last season, very little chance Dubravka will this.

Bwuk

What? Newcastles 3rd choice keeper....

Seij

I've heard he picked up an injury while training with Slovakia, but even before this injury, he's not even been on the bench once.

Did we just sign another 3rd GK?

Jericho

In case De Gea gets injured? Why else do you have a back-up keeper?
I thought he was supposed to be decent with the ball, better than De Gea anyway. I didn't think he'd definitely take De Gea's spot but I thought he'd atleast get some Europa League games and we could see if he suits the system better. If all we needed is a backup in case of injury Heaton seems good enough for that.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I thought he was supposed to be decent with the ball, better than De Gea anyway. I didn't think he'd definitely take De Gea's spot but I thought he'd atleast get some Europa League games and we could see if he suits the system better. If all we needed is a backup in case of injury Heaton seems good enough for that.
Have you not noticed how much better De Gea has been playing in recent weeks?

Kag

We needed a third goalkeeper. Like every other team has.

Revaulx

Have you not noticed how much better De Gea has been playing in recent weeks?
He has, and it’s obviously down to his having the bad habits instilled under Jose coached out of him.

So he needs a continuous run of games to put what he’s been learning into practice.

Alemar

Not the best performance for his club debut, to be frank.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Can't blame for either goal. Saved the other shot from Bailey comfortably and kept hold of it. Showed confidence on the ball, but clearly no expert with it at his feet.

Looked a solid enough #2 performance.

footballbite

In what way? I thought he was pretty comfortable.
I thought he made himself smaller rather than bigger for their first goal, he went to ground too quickly and pulled his arms in.

He made the finish way to easy for the forward. Some goalkeepers might have stayed up a bit more and blocked it with an outstretched arm.

phelans shorts

It turns out being asked if you want to play midfield as a teenager in the Slovakian fourth division doesn’t stop you being an abysmal goalkeeper. Who knew.

The only thing in his favour was Olsen being worse

largelyworried

I’d say it was saveable but not a mistake. Similar to the goal at the weekend actually. But for a backup keeper in the league cup, thought he was decent enough.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Think he should have come for the ball sooner for the first goal.

Bwuk

I remember some on here thinking Newcastles reserve keeper would put De Gea out the team... :lol:

LouieVanGallsRedArmeh

Wow, you're so critical, considering it was his first start in United shirt, I'd say he played well. Long may it continue. He won't oust De Gea out of the net, but a solid 2nd choice, Iam proud that I have lived long enough to witness a Slovakian goalkeeper play for Manchester United.

Last edited:

Real Name

Solid debut. Plays nice with his feet and has a good long ball. Could have reacted better for the 1st goal though. Came from his line too late and didnt close the angle for Watkins.

sepulturite

It turns out being asked if you want to play midfield as a teenager in the Slovakian fourth division doesn’t stop you being an abysmal goalkeeper. Who knew.

Abysmal?! That's a bit of an overreaction isn't it?

Real Name

What?
He really wasn't abysmal.

Status
Not open for further replies.