Martin Dúbravka | 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mainoldo

Positive debut. Brought confidence and good with his feet.

I don’t know what some of you guys was watching.

Longshanks

Little slow reacting to the first goal, also felt his starting position should of been bit higher for it.

But other than that not a bad debut. Did everything you would expect and looked comfartable with the ball at his feet under pressure.

Toshey

Supports
Levski Sofia
phelan shorts, did Dubravka shag your wife or something, you seem desperate to shit on him

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Not really. Flapping at crosses, whatever he was doing for both goals. Poor on the ball.

Very poor.
Think he could have done better for the first but the second? He literally closed the angle to the goal so Bailey is heading it to the 6 yard box where a defender is stood...unfortunately said defender proceeds to smash it in our net.

Don't think he was that bad at all and fine as a number 2.

Oranges038

Not really. Flapping at crosses, whatever he was doing for both goals. Poor on the ball.

Very poor.
Swept and passed the ball well, could have done better on the first goal, shag all he could have done about the second.

It was pretty much the same stuff people have been creaming over DDG for doing.

Traub

Reserve keeper performing exactly as expected. Decent backup, nothing more nothing less.

youngrell

He was poor for the first goal, no denying that. But other than that he was decent enough, certainly not a liability or anything.

CM

He did okay in the first half. Second half he looked more nervous, his passing out became a bit erratic and he sold the defenders short a couple of times.

It's one of those that will get glossed over because we won. I thought he should've done better for the Watkins goal.

Raw

He was fine, to be expected for a backup keeper.

I think we're all a bit spoilt from having Romero as our backup, no one's reaching that standard of 2nd choice keepers :lol:

Dve

I think we learnt two things about him last night.

1. He is decent on the ball
2. He is also afraid of it.

largelyworried

DDG would have saved their first goal yesterday. He does not dive away from the ball when here is a shot coming.
Given that he failed to stop a goal against the same team from the same position less than a week ago, I've no idea how you could claim this.

Sylar

DDG would have saved their first goal yesterday. He does not dive away from the ball when here is a shot coming.
Didnt villa score the same type of goal vs DDG on the weekend? Hmm

He looked as expected, a keeper playing his first game of the season in a cup match. He wasnt outstanding but not poor like some suggest

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
First goal was laughable. Most strikers will score from that position but closing your eyes and turning your face away does most of the job for the striker.

He was alright for a second keeper. Should have saved the first goal though, had he kept his body position instead of lowering his arms and making himself smaller, and I think the second was also saveable.

largelyworried

He was alright for a second keeper. Should have saved the first goal though, had he kept his body position instead of lowering his arms and making himself smaller, and I think the second was also saveable.
How do you think he could have saved the second one?

Robbie Boy

He was a slightly odd signing tbh. He's not good with his feet, which is clearly what ETH wants.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Am I the only one who noticed that he was scared of the ball like a little baby for both goals last night?

Dve

Looked like he lowered his arm to protect his body. Afraid of the ball.

Dve

Didnt villa score the same type of goal vs DDG on the weekend? Hmm

He looked as expected, a keeper playing his first game of the season in a cup match. He wasnt outstanding but not poor like some suggest
Given that he failed to stop a goal against the same team from the same position less than a week ago, I've no idea how you could claim this.
Look the replay at 0:30
and compare that to 0:13 in this video:
I think you'll see my point.

Sylar

Look the replay at 0:30
and compare that to 0:13 in this video:
I think you'll see my point.
Both thought it was going one way and then had the goal go past them the other way? I'm not quite sure of your point here.

It doesn't exactly prove ddg saves the shot

Dve

Both thought it was going one way and then had the goal go past them the other way? I'm not quite sure of your point here.

It doesn't exactly prove ddg saves the shot
The clips show the two goals are not comparable. De Gea did not have the goal go past him the other way, he's actually after the ball but cannot reach it. Dubravka doesn´t go either way, he just dives away. He could have saved it with this left hand if he had done like most goalkeepers do in that situation - making their body as big as possible. Instead, he seems to be just protecting his body. It really looks like he's afraid of being hit by the ball.

This is how he should have acted (2:40 into the video):

Last edited:

Sylar

The clips show the two goals are not comparable. De Gea did not have the goal go past him the other way, he's actually after the ball but cannot reach it. Dubravka doesn´t go either way, he just dives away. He could have saved it with this left hand if he had done like most goalkeepers do in that situation - making their body as big as possible. Instead, he seems to be just protecting his body. It really looks like he's afraid of being hit by the ball.

This is how he should have acted (2:40 into the video):
If your point is to say they aren't the same , that's fine although I was using hyperbole for the comparison given the similarities

But again it doesn't show how ddg ends up saving the goal when your evidence is him... Not saving a goal ...

Dve

If your point is to say they aren't the same , that's fine although I was using hyperbole for the comparison given the similarities

But again it doesn't show how ddg ends up saving the goal when your evidence is him... Not saving a goal ...
You are asking for hard proofs that De Gea would have saved the goal? I'm not sure that is doable.. haha. I'm just saying I think he would have saved it, and many stoppers with him, based on how good goalkeepers act in these situations.

Sylar

You are asking for hard proofs that De Gea would have saved the goal? I'm not sure that is doable.. haha. I'm just saying I think he would have saved it, and many stoppers with him, based on how good goalkeepers act in these situations.
Ok fair enough :lol: you seemed confident he would.

Hopefully he plays next round too

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Utter clown show of a keeper. Bin him off back where he came from in January.

Status
Not open for further replies.