Martin Dúbravka | 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Looked pretty ropey in what I saw of the friendlies as well. Would feel a lot more secure with Heaton in nets than him.

Crackers

greasy ginfers
Lacked composure and focus, and thought he made a raft of mistakes. I've not seen him play much before, so I can't be sure.
A few times he reminded me of Barthez though.

RedDevilRoshi

Clean sheet but I was shitting myself every time the ball was going anywhere near him.

Based on that performance, I’m glad it’s only a loan we have him for.

Raven

That was incredibly bad. He's definitely a better keeper than he showed this evening.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
It just goes to show how rare it is for a goalkeeper to be subbed off. He deserved to be tonight.

Nero

Some people thought this guy could challenge De Gea, not just be a backup. Quality banter.

KjaAnd

Why did we even sign him in the first place? We had Heaton as backup and everyone who has ever seen Dubravka play should know that he isn't PL - let alone United - standard.

lukepowell1988

Awful was bricking it every time he touched the ball.

Can’t risk playing him again so total waste him coming to us.

mu4c_20le

Hard to believe that he was statistically one of the best keepers in the league only a few years ago

kundalini

Needed Casemiro to clear off the line after Dubravka failed with an attempted punch, then let the ball slip under his foot but recovered in time, tackled inside our area from Shaw's back pass late on. One decent save in the first half.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
He was a bag of nerves tonight, might wanna start de gea if we made it deep.

cj_sparky

He looked a shambles against Betis in a friendly, he was just as bad tonight.

Reminds me of Foster and Howard. Good Premiership goalkeeper, but the heavy weight of a United shirt.

Roboc7

Never understood why we signed him, hard to see him being trusted in many Cup games this season.

Longshanks

Strange performance, maybe trying to hard?

Was nice to see a keeper willing to come for crosses and willing to take risk under pressure playing out from the back and a couple of times we broke out well thanks to him, but way too many brain farts tonight. Lucky to get away with them.

Tiber

No wonder Newcastle binned him as soon as they got cash

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
You laugh at him but if you were in his position you'd be squeaking in your boots and shits yourself.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Strange performance, maybe trying to hard?

Was nice to see a keeper willing to come for crosses and willing to take risk under pressure playing out from the back and a couple of times we broke out well thanks to him, but way too many brain farts tonight. Lucky to get away with them.
For sure he was trying to follow the plan too much.

It was obvious he was told before the game to keep playing the ball short, which is what he tried to do but he was under pressure quite a bit.
Also think that then affected his decision making as well.
The cross he missed then nearly palmed in was bizarre, but was a bit of blind panic though.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
What did we gain by loaning this fella instead of just giving Tom Heaton some games?

It baffles me how United always seem to be dragging our feet to buy players we need. Yet are always in a hurry to buy goalies that aren't good enough.

CloneMC16

Looked like a clown. I assume he's better than that, but feeling the nerves playing at OT.

Status
Not open for further replies.