Film Martin Scorsese - Marvel movies are 'not cinema'

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
My only wish for this F4 film is they strongly reference the genius of Jack Kirby. But if they can't even do that then feck'em.

Last edited:

stevoc

Any chance Thanos is still alive in one of those universes and he comes back and he does the job properly and kills every last one of MCU and sends every other universe into a colossal black hole?
Ironically that's not too far off the reported story arc of the next 5 phases.

Then the rumour is the black hole will turn into another big bang, restart the universe and they'll reboot the whole franchise and start over again.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Ironically that's not too far off the reported story arc of the next 5 phases.

Then the rumour is the black hole will turn into another big bang, restart the universe and they'll reboot the whole franchise and start over again.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
Marty is receiving an Honorary Golden Bear in that cesspool of a city @HTG for lifetime achievement. Well deserved for the great man, saw a snippet of an interview with him this morning, he seemed quite moved.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
Marty is receiving an Honorary Golden Bear in that cesspool of a city @HTG for lifetime achievement. Well deserved for the great man, saw a snippet of an interview with him this morning, he seemed quite moved.
While I’m glad for him, that’s certainly not a dignified environment. After all, his coke days are long gone. He deserves to be handed this award in a functional city.

Scandi Red

Hates Music.
While I’m glad for him, that’s certainly not a dignified environment. After all, his coke days are long gone. He deserves to be handed this award in a functional city.
Ah, I get it now. Bearlin. Hah!

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
X-Men 97 trailer just dropped, Deadpool trailer dropped and FF announcement too.

Marvels been cooking this week.

Eric_the_Red99

X-Men 97 trailer just dropped, Deadpool trailer dropped and FF announcement too.

Marvels been cooking this week.
All stuff they got through the Fox acquisition, funnily enough. I know all these things have been in the pipeline for years, but doing all three in the same week definitely feels like a pivot towards safer bets (as per Bob Iger’s orders) after their recent difficulties.

SalfordRed18

Supports
Ashwood City FC
All stuff they got through the Fox acquisition, funnily enough. I know all these things have been in the pipeline for years, but doing all three in the same week definitely feels like a pivot towards safer bets (as per Bob Iger’s orders) after their recent difficulties.
Most definitely. It's 3 things the people have wanted since the buyout, and all we've had since is a little sprinkle of X-Men.

Eric_the_Red99

Most definitely. It's 3 things the people have wanted since the buyout, and all we've had since is a little sprinkle of X-Men.
They probably also expected Madame Web to be a disaster and so got ready to dangle some sparkly things to distract the nerds….

Wing Attack Plan R

Did you read that interview? Sounds like he lost the role for a whole lot more than a statement on Gaza (if it even was that). I can’t figure him out, he says Gaza is the worst genocide ever seen , and the interviewer corrects him and says it isnt, but then he says it is because they are seeing it happen in real time. He sounds very confused.

(According to a Variety report on Friday, a source close to production says no formal offer was made and the character had been written out "prior to Hamas' attack in Israel, and before the writers strike began.")

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
but then he says it is because they are seeing it happen in real time.
It's pretty obvious what he wants to say if you want to understand him.

He is also not confused at all, he seems devasted by everything, but he seems like a very smart person.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
Did you read that interview? Sounds like he lost the role for a whole lot more than a statement on Gaza (if it even was that). I can’t figure him out, he says Gaza is the worst genocide ever seen , and the interviewer corrects him and says it isnt, but then he says it is because they are seeing it happen in real time. He sounds very confused.

(According to a Variety report on Friday, a source close to production says no formal offer was made and the character had been written out "prior to Hamas' attack in Israel, and before the writers strike began.")
It is 100% a genocide we’re seeing happening in real time. And we’re all just sitting idly by and letting it unfold.

SalfordRed18

Supports
Ashwood City FC

The interviewer corrected him?

Prodigal7

There's just been so many superhero movies. I really don't care anymore. These people online that cheer Marvel getting high box office results should really take a long hard look at their life and figure out a more meaningful and productive way to spend their money.

Besides, where do you go from magically blowing up half the universe :lol:

SalfordRed18

Supports
Ashwood City FC
Tbh I think they wanted to pivot away from the Kang stuff as it clearly wasn't working and majors stuff is their out.

I reckon with F4 out next year, dooms gonna be the big bad, pulling strings before secret wars.

SalfordRed18

Supports
Ashwood City FC
There's just been so many superhero movies. I really don't care anymore. These people online that cheer Marvel getting high box office results should really take a long hard look at their life and figure out a more meaningful and productive way to spend their money.

Besides, where do you go from magically blowing up half the universe :lol:
It's one thing to dislike a genre of film, but do you really not realise how much of an arsehole you come across?

Besides, you could say the same thing about any hobby/interest you yourself are not interested.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
Do you think people said the same thing in the 50's when every film was a Western.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Do you think people said the same thing in the 50's when every film was a Western.
I don't think they saturated the market though.

It wasn't like the had standalone The Good, The Bad, The Ugly films or a cinematic GBU universe