Martinez Injury | Out for the season with metatarsal fracture

Rojofiam

Chelsea actually had two of those fecking injuries within one month of another back in 2019 with both Callum Hudson-Odoi and Ruben Loftus-Cheek.

CHO came back within maybe 5-6 months but has never really recovered the explosive pace he once had and that's definitely hindered with his development as a player. RLC took about a year to even get back to training and even then it was a very long road to recovery that also included a year on loan at Fulham because of how terrible he looked after returning.

So yeah, if Martinez has indeed done his achilles then chances are he's looking at a 6-12 month recovery layoff and even then it can take a long time to get back to the pre-injury levels of performance.
Thanks for the info. Very concerning.

Pudding Of Part

Haven’t seen the injury but if he’s pulled up with no one near him it’s very unlikely to be his metatarsal. Metatarsals are bones and would require blunt trauma or a significant twisting injury with weight going through that part of the foot to fracture them.

Delano

I'm more gutted about this than the result. Absolute disaster for us.

crossy1686

career ending
Why is everyone so convinced it's an Achilles?
The way he got injured and the commentators were echoing it looked like that. There's always a chance it isn't though and he's pulled something, that would be a way better outcome, but he was carried off because he couldn't walk so there's always that too

Lewnited

Why is there so much achillies talk? It looked much more like a metatarsal to me. And I'm pretty sure he'd have been screaming in agony if it was his achillies.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Ten Hag is getting some flack tonight, but I swear the poor fecker is cursed. The stuff he’s had to deal with this season…

Caellum

What a week, I can't believe our luck Rashford, last week now Martinez and possible Varane who also went off injured and with Fernandez suspended next week is going to be an almighty battle.

TheGodsInRed

No one wants to face the truth yet but an Achilles tear is very, very difficult to recover from, the mobility in your foot never comes back. Imagine having a foot that it's flexible in certain directions.

Some of the best up and coming players in recent years have had their careers effectively ended at this level due to this injury, Loftus-Cheek, Hudson-Odoi, Koscielny, Johnathan Walters and John Barnes.

I really hope Martinez's isn't that injury or if it is, it isn't severe otherwise he could be in massive trouble. He might also be alright eventually if it isn't his dominant foot.
Prey it's just a pull rather than a full tear.

hobbers

If it is his achilles (it is) we're going to need to sign another left footed centre back.

He won't be fit for the start of the season. Might not even be fit by christmas.

The Law of Denis

If it is metatarsal, his season is over but he will be fine long term. Achilles means he could not be the same player again.

We wait anxiously..

Yagami

Good post resistant
We are just not allowed to play our strongest 11. Martial, Casemiro and Eriksen come back, Shaw, Rashford and Martinez get injured straight away. To say it's unlucky would be an understatement!

BarstoolProphet

Spinazzola did his Achilles at the Euros. Was out little less than a year. Not sure how he's been after returning but he was some player before.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
This is so fecking shit. We have had some disgustingly rotten luck this season.

Nickosaur

The way he got injured and the commentators were echoing it looked like that. There's always a chance it isn't though and he's pulled something, that would be a way better outcome, but he was carried off because he couldn't walk so there's always that too
What insight do they have that we don't?

Infra-red

We are just not allowed to play our strongest 11. Martial, Casemiro and Eriksen come back, Shaw, Rashford and Martinez get injured straight away. To say it's unlucky would be an understatement!
The team looks knackered. I'm expecting many more injuries in the final couple of months of this season, sadly.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
If that's anything on his Achilles then next season we basically just hope we can repeat this season tbh. There is no possibility of a title challenge without Martinez even with a 300m summer window.