Martinez Injury | Out for the season with metatarsal fracture

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Of all players to get injured after Rashford, it absolutely wasn’t Martinez we wanted. Gutted for him.

Rams

aspiring to be like Ryan Giggs
If he’s ruptured his Achilles then he’s one feckin hard fecker because any normal person would be rolling around in agony. Let’s wait for some actual news before jumping to conclusions.

dove

If he's out for the season top 4 is in doubt we can't rely on Maguire starting
I think it's quite certain he is out for this season. We can only hope he is not out for a majority of next season too.

Chief123

That’s definitely an achillies. It feels like you’ve been stabbed in the back of your foot. I’ll be shocked if he plays any further part this season.

BarstoolProphet

But that was due to a shocking tackle from behind, not just running on his own with no one near him
Talking about his reaction, not the situation itself. They both seemed to immediately grab the side of the foot. Still wonder if it was Rooney landing on his feet that caused the injury.

crossy1686

career ending
Surely he knows what area the problem is. Don’t understand why he wasn’t asked that.
He's done this before, this is his go to answer when asked about an injury. I guess they want to wait for swelling to go down and scans to come back before the comment but he did say it doesn't look good because no opponent was near him when he goes down.

MrBest

All 5 of his subs failed and I knew when Pellistri came on that we’d get an injury. He should have been smarter today and underestimated Sevilla

Yes it was bad luck with injuries and freak OGs but United invited that bad luck by taking their foot off the gas

I’m sure the beautiful bald bastard will avenge it next week
Think a bit harsh on him. Malacia should have not lost Navas, that cost us the game.

aganley

Encouraging. Martinez would know straightaway if he'd done his achilles in
Why would it be an ACL when he rolled his ankle. He was carried off with clear pain in his
He's done this before, this is his go to answer when asked about an injury. I guess they want to wait for swelling to go down and scans to come back before the comment but he did say it doesn't look good because no opponent was near him when he goes down.
Why would it be an ACL when he rolled his ankle.

Fooza

If it is the achilles, would that be two defenders in the summer as a priority? Varane looking very unreliable too.

Glazers better sell asap :nervous:

Funkenstein

Everyone keeps saying achilles but he rolls his foot a little, looks like his ankle ligaments to me. He goes down holding that area too, not the back of his leg

mu4c_20le

If it is the achilles, would that be two defenders in the summer as a priority? Varane looking very unreliable too.

Glazers better sell asap :nervous:
You just know the Glazers will point at Lindelof and say we have one already

Devil81

If he’s ruptured his Achilles then he’s one feckin hard fecker because any normal person would be rolling around in agony. Let’s wait for some actual news before jumping to conclusions.
I've strained my achilles, for a split second I was convinced I'd snapped it due to sudden pain but quickly you are aware it's a pull and not a snap but the fear of it really going stops you moving your foot.

I think/hope its a strain and he stopped because he was aware continuing would damage it further.

onemanarmy

When Witsel did his achilles he was back after 5 months, being a much older player. 5-6 could happen though, IF its his achilles.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Is there no clip of the injury? Some people saying he clutching different part of his lower limb.

I thought watching the replay first time you can see his calf pulsate as if it was torn, which would likely indicate an Achilles tear/rupture.

ShinjiNinja26

Feck sake! Brutal injury to get if he has done his Achilles. Hopefully it’s not as bad as everyone fears, he’s vital to this team. These injuries could really derail us at the business end of the season.