Martinez Injury | Out for the season with metatarsal fracture

crossy1686

career ending
Feck sake! Brutal injury to get if he has done his Achilles. Hopefully it’s not as bad as everyone fears, he’s vital to this team. These injuries could really derail us at the business end of the season.
We're probably in big trouble now, the run in is tough, let's hope the backup can pull something out for the remaining games

lex talionis

I could be wrong, but I believe the Laws prohibit carrying an opposing player off the pitch.

Who gives a...

Out of all the players he is our out and out warrior and the exact type of character you want with the games we have coming up.

We won games without him post World Cup, but at this stage of the season it's going to be a huge loss.

Oranges038

Love how people jump to the worse possible scenario.

It's like googling anything you either potentially have cancer or you could die unless you seek urgent medical attention.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist

YESSSSSSSS
Thank god. Achilles is one where it is likely that you are never the same even after a full year of recovery. Anything else and you trust they get back to 100% soon enough, he'll I'd rather ACL than Achilles.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Will have to use this injury as an opportunity to properly take stock of our options and to seek additional investment at CB. Varane needs to be moved on from as unreliable fitness-wise anyway. Good opportunity for Maguire and Lindelöf to be properly assessed by ETH over a period of matches before acting in the transfer market.

Nero

Oh dear, yet again the resident medical experts have embarassed themselves. Every time.

Compton22

Knows that he knows nothing.
Speculation but the OT pitch looked really bad today. I wonder if that played any part
Can't help I suppose, like I said earlier, it's weird because he just appears to roll his ankle and the ground sinks a bit beneath him too.

United Hobbit

A really "good" scenario would be something like a twisted ankle, I've done it once, it fecking killed, and I felt it go, maybe I'm just soft but really struggled to walk for a couple of days. Also nearly passed out from the pain.

Unfortunately don't think it's that simple as he didn't do it while landing

Like I said, first thought was metatarsal as he grabbed his foot. I know he then goes round to the back of his leg, but hopefully it was to give himself more support?

Please please be ok he's one of my favourite players, and been absolutely pivotal for us this season. One of the absolute worst players to get any injury let alone what is likely a season ender.

Last edited: