Martinez Injury | Out for the season with metatarsal fracture

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Concerning ten Hag said he's complained about the same injury recently.
I think Varane is just one of those unfortunate players who simply plays through injury most of the time. Van Persie was another

atkar83

When the Seville players placed him down (why in the flying fart were they even allowed to touch him when they knew it was serious?), he was standing on it, albeit in pain. Is standing even possible if its a torn achilles?

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
We can live without him for the rest of the season but we need him to come back the player he is now, that's the most important thing. Thankfully there's a great chance he will now
We can only hope so. His reliability this season makes me concerned about our backups, especially if Varane is on the same injury table. A lindelof and Maguire run in is concerning

United Hobbit

When the Seville players placed him down (why in the flying fart were they even allowed to touch him when they knew it was serious?), he was standing on it, albeit in pain. Is standing even possible if its a torn achilles?
Why was that even allowed to happen. Should have used the stretcher and properly immobilised it

Spaghetti

Mom's
I agree that they shouldn’t have done it, although it was his friends. Not as though it was any old opposition just trying to hurry him off.

Rams

aspiring to be like Ryan Giggs
No it isn’t. But this is Martinez we’re talking about mind.

Dan_F

What tendon are we likely to be talking about here then if not the Achilles?
First thing I thought, weird phrasing. I would imagine he’d be pretty sure to say that it wasn’t though.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
What tendon are we likely to be talking about here then if not the Achilles?
On the right side of the foot he was holding, the fibularus longus tendon.

Ruptures are rare but can occasionnaly happen.

Strats

If I was a doctor I’d be fecking furious if he was carried off the pitch the way he was if suspicion was that he’d done his achilles.

Compton22

Knows that he knows nothing.
If I was a doctor I’d be fecking furious if he was carried off the pitch the way he was if suspicion was that he’d done his achilles.
If there was a hint of it, the united medical staff and officials should not and would not have allowed it.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
If not the Achilles, it’ll be the fundiform ligament that’s gone for sure.

Worth googling to check its location. Bang on where he grabbed onto.

atkar83

If there was a hint of it, the united medical staff and officials should not and would not have allowed it.
I mean did they allow it? Or did the Sevilla players just pick him up? I doubt the United staff was like 'yes, please pick up our player, we think hes fine'. Their own players were wasting their own time with fake injuries, what was the rush here. And they got six minutes extra time anyway

cyberman

Were they even on the pitch? The Sevilla players acted like dickheads because they wanted another goal and we clapped them doing it!

Compton22

Knows that he knows nothing.
I mean did they allow it? Or did the Sevilla players just pick him up? I doubt the United staff was like 'yes, please pick up our player, we think hes fine'. Their own players were wasting their own time with fake injuries, what was the rush here. And they got six minutes extra time anyway
Same with a broken leg or other injuries which would require immobilisation to prevent them from worsening. An achilles rupture would be in the same category and medical staff have basic training on how to handle these injuries.

brian017

I agree that they shouldn’t have done it, although it was his friends. Not as though it was any old opposition just trying to hurry him off.
If they were really his friends they wouldn’t have touched him and let proper trained medics deal with it. But no, they were more concerned with keeping their momentum and wanting to play with 10 men

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
That’s a good shout. And an injury that is straightforward enough to fix. I dislocated the opposite one (tibialis posterior) and it felt fecking wretched at the time but good as gold a few weeks after surgery. They loop around your ankle bone like a rope around a pulley. If it pops off the ankle it’s a rotten feeling but easy for a surgeon to loop it back where it should be.

Maureen-yo

If it’s the Peroneal tendon that’s torn then it’ll be 3 months ish before he can train, not great but a lot better than Achilles.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
My assumption was good, I'm a doctor now.

Seriously now, it's not as bad as the Achilles but could still keep out off the pitch for the rest of the civil year. Usually is more around 5-6 months until he can normally train. It can vary a lot though and he'll get top notch surgery so hard know (obviously it could also be a strain, nobody knows yet, it's pure assumptions).

Last edited:

Dion

Be grateful Ole isnt still here. He would be playing next week
You mean like Ten Hag playing Varane despite him going off with an injury he's been complaining about for weeks?

It's not the managers, it's the insane schedules.