Martinez Injury | Out for the season with metatarsal fracture

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
Excellent news that its not his Achilles.

Its looks like a metatarsal which would unfortunately keep him out for the rest of the season. Still that infinitely better than missing a few months next season.

Superunknown

I seriously hope that he's able to recover from whatever this is quickly. Hands down, my favourite player this season. Absolutely love him and what he brings to the side.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
So probably some ankle ligament then. Might need surgery anyway. But whatever it is, as long as not Achilles, he should be fine for start of next season. Let's hope.

Name Changed

weso26
The achilles is an awful injury. Anything is better than that. He will surely be out for the season regardless.

Siorac

He's probably still out for the season but at least we should have him back fit and firing for next season. That's honestly great news after fearing a potential Achilles injury.

Compton22

Knows that he knows nothing.
Hopefully this is a lesson for everyone to not presume the worst and wait for diagnosis, or a lesson certainly to not turn into medical experts.

Who am I kidding? The caf is probably speculating that Varane needs his leg amputated in his thread :lol:

Erics_Collar

We shouldn't rule out that ETH is just shit at the human anatomy and thinks the achilles is the arse cheek muscle.

crossy1686

career ending
Thank. Feck.

The reaction felt like he is still out for the season, but hopefully this means recovery in time for 23/24 start
We can live without him for the rest of the season but we need him to come back the player he is now, that's the most important thing. Thankfully there's a great chance he will now

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Hopefully this is a lesson for everyone to not presume the worst and wait for diagnosis, or a lesson certainly to not turn into medical experts.

Who am I kidding? The caf is probably speculating that Varane needs his leg amputated in his thread :lol:
I don’t think anyone was diagnosing it (well maybe a few) but as fans we’re always going to be terrified of a worst case scenario.

Rams

aspiring to be like Ryan Giggs
If I’m guessing then it’s a calf whiplash. Having experienced many an ankle, torn Achilles and calf whiplash from nearby, it looks like whiplash. That’s season ending in April.

Unam333

Thank God, good news. I can now go to bed. I stayed up anxiously waiting for some sort of update about the severeness and type of the injury. Thank you again God.

djembatheking

We have got a lot of players in the red zone, as LVG used to say, with a lot of high stakes games to play. Fingers crossed we pull through.