Martinez Injury | Out for the season with metatarsal fracture

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Who’s getting injured next week then? It’s terrible the way people’s fears about how many games we were playing during that great run in February have all come to fruition. I just hope we don’t completely collapse. Still plenty to play for and I’m sure we will do ok.

Irwin99

Considering what it could have been it's not too bad I guess? (obviously not a doctor and have zero expertise on this kind of stuff)

Still gutted that the guy will likely miss the rest of the season. I was thinking about his performance before the injury last night and how he barely ever seems to drop below a 7 or 8 out of ten. Such a remarkably consistent player, which seems very rare these days.

DanNistelrooy

Lineup Prediction & Last Man Standing winner 2017
Fairly sure either Rooney or Becks fractured their MT in a similar way. One of them was kicked but the other happened without any contact.
Yep - I remember Beckham being on the end of a poor tackle. But Rooney's was more when he was running / challenging for the ball and foot gets caught

Mmm-Qatarian

Obviously Licha out for the season is far from ideal but considering what many of us were thinking last night, I can't help but feel somewhat relieved overall.

HarryP

Who has confirmed that he has a fractured metatarsal? He might but I haven't seen anyone reliable report it. Amazing how dumb people can spread rumors on the internet so quickly.

Redderp

That timeframe is just for healing/walking. It will take a lot longer for him to be able to run and play football.

The Dane

Europa final is 7 weeks away. FA Cup final is 7.5 weeks away. Wouldn't end his season just yet.
If we make it to any of the finals it will be because his replacement has done ok, and it will not make sense to risk him being involved, other than for picking up a well deserved medal.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Don't rush it, and he'll be fine for pre season.
It's a final chance for Maguire, which isn't a bad thing really. If he doesn't perform over the last 10 or so games he can't have any complaints.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Shame his season is over, but at least there is hope he'll be back for pre-season and to kick on next year.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Don't rush it, and he'll be fine for pre season.
It's a final chance for Maguire, which isn't a bad thing really. If he doesn't perform over the last 10 or so games he can't have any complaints.
Sensible. Martinez is so so much better though. Harry is slow and lacking in confidence and aggression. You’re right though. If an 80 million quid player can’t provide cover then we may as well pack it up and go home

Member 125398

Season over.
What a great season he's had. Excluding Rashford he'd be a contender for player of the season. Time for the lads to dig in and make sure his good work doesn't go unrewarded.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I mean obviously it's better than him being out for a year but this is still devastating news and with Varane's flaky fitness we're going to end the season with Maguire and Lindelof every week aren't we

From feeling hopeful of a comfortable top 4 finish and at least another trophy I'm begging the season to end now and hope we at least scrape the former

TheReligion

Abusive
Who has confirmed that he has a fractured metatarsal? He might but I haven't seen anyone reliable report it. Amazing how dumb people can spread rumors on the internet so quickly.
The irony of this given your comments in the takeover thread :lol:

Rams

aspiring to be like Ryan Giggs
Lisandro Martinez fracture de cinco Anthony Martial bone a fide muchos panicos el todo caftardos y amateur doctora diagnosis el achilles con morta la careeros over. Erik ten Hag misso el importantes defensor por 6-10 anos el Qatari muchos dineros nuevo playa del improvements Maguire et Lindelof y healthos Varane de poco liability. Scorchio.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Lisandro Martinez fracture de cinco Anthony Martial bone a fide muchos panicos el todo caftardos y amateur doctora diagnosis el achilles con morta la careeros over. Erik ten Hag misso el importantes defensor por 6-10 anos el Qatari muchos dineros nuevo playa del improvements Maguire et Lindelof y healthos Varane de poco liability. Scorchio.
Thanks for clearing that up.