Gaming Marvel's Spider-Man (PS4)

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Probably gonna wait a few days and get it second-hand.

AgentP

I want to get this but I have just finished God of War (still a few valkyries left) and haven't touched Horizon Zero Dawn yet. So currently planning to finish HZD before I get Spiderman hoping that it's price drops by then.

Coxy

reviews go live at 3pm - reckon it will be at 88 metacratic.

Will pick up on the cheap - not got time for it at the mo :)

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history

If the reviews are decent I'll grab it Friday. Saw some footage on reddit of a cel shaded Spiderman (one of the suits available) swinging through New York. Looked pretty awesome.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Reviews are positive, as expected. Everyone seems to love the swinging.

izzydiggler

Looks good but not enough to pay £70 approx inc the DLC. Will wait for a complete edition.

ArmandTamzarian

Supports
Liverpool
Bump, threads dying a death here and folk are talking about the game in the PS4 thread :wenger:

Mine is all downloaded and ready to go, just wanna get sat down for the night before I start.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Completed a couple of missions & side missions. Loving it so far. The swinging is so much fun.

Graphically it looks really good.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
The latest ratchet and clank game by insomniac was great

For 2-3 hours

Then it became really average and annoying. It's still good but im surprised insomniac released it like that.

Hopefully Spider-Man doesn't suffer the same fate

Bojan11

The latest ratchet and clank game by insomniac was great

For 2-3 hours

Then it became really average and annoying. It's still good but im surprised insomniac released it like that.

Hopefully Spider-Man doesn't suffer the same fate
Ratchet was sort of rushed to release around the same time as the movie.

rcoobc

Ratchet was sort of rushed to release around the same time as the movie.
They also did the same thing they did here. Release a LOT of pretty footage prior to release

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I was gonna wait and just buy this second hand but now it's Friday, the gf is working late, I have beers in the fridge and I pass EB games on the way home from work. :smirk:

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
They definitely release games on a Friday because they know it's payday don't they. Bastards.

Jev

Played the first couple of hours. Slightly underwhelmed thus far. No big arguments against it but it doesn't strike me as a new Arkham in terms of gameplay complexity or style and mood. Still seems like good fun though.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Played it for about an hour so far. Just to reiterate what everyone else seems to be saying, the game looks fantastic and the swinging is superb. Obviously i haven't unlocked hardly anything for the combat so it's pretty basic so far, but still fun. I also like the slower little side activities. I've been doing some of the circuit stuff in the lab and that's all cool.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Struggling a bit! I feel like any time someone whips out a gun I’m fecked basically. Surrounded by enemies and trying to yank the gun away but also whilst being attacked by 5 men and one is firing rockets at you.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Okay managed it third try. Guess it just takes getting the hang of.

PvsNP

Think I'm gonna buy it next week. Been waiting for a good Spiderman for so long.

Yagami

Good post resistant

If the reviews are decent I'll grab it Friday. Saw some footage on reddit of a cel shaded Spiderman (one of the suits available) swinging through New York. Looked pretty awesome.
Okay managed it third try. Guess it just takes getting the hang of.
Seems like you're...
(•_•)
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
...getting the swing of things

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Just realised this is a PS4 exclusive. No wonder reviews are raving. Always the same for exclusives pretty much.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
How is it? Good? Great? Underwhelming?

Played it for a few hours last night. Incredibly fun. Probably the word that i'd use the most. The traversal is exceptional and it makes some of the more menial tasks (finding and activating towers) a joy to do. I don't like the fact that towers are in there, but the traversal is so good you forgive it.

Actually quite difficult. The combat is fluid and precise (for the most part), but the dudes with the guns deal an incredible amount of damage. I haven't delved into the gadgets and all that yet, but when i do i assume the combat will open up even more.

But i'm loving it so far.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
How hard is the hardest setting and is there one above it you can unlock?

Stupid thing arrived a few minutes before we left so I didn't even get the chance to take it out the packaging it was posted in.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
How hard is the hardest setting and is there one above it you can unlock?

Stupid thing arrived a few minutes before we left so I didn't even get the chance to take it out the packaging it was posted in.
The game is actually quite hard on the hardest setting. Especially early on, i had to put it down. There's enemies with guns that deal a huge amount of damage. There's rumours that they're adding a new game+ and a harder difficulty in a patch. Not sure how true that is.

b82REZ

It's taking all my will power not to go and buy this. Looks stunning but with their dlc being similar to Arkham Knight I might wait until a GoTY edition. Also doubt I'd have time to finish it before RDR2 and that is definitely a day 1 purchase.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Just realised this is a PS4 exclusive. No wonder reviews are raving. Always the same for exclusives pretty much.
Only because Sony exclusives have been amazing in the last few years. When the PS4 was in its early days a lot of their exclusives were slammed. The order, driveclub etc. They don't get special treatment.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Bought it in the morning, hate modern gaming - 50 minutes to install and I cannot even play 2K19 in the meantime because the disc has to be in.

rcoobc

How's free roam? Worth playing just for that?

Green_Red

It's taking all my will power not to go and buy this. Looks stunning but with their dlc being similar to Arkham Knight I might wait until a GoTY edition. Also doubt I'd have time to finish it before RDR2 and that is definitely a day 1 purchase.
Im in the same boat. I finish my current job on the day its released. Planning on having 3 or 4 months off too. Timing couldnt be better!