Mash Report cancelled by the BBC

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
No, not that sort of freedom of speech.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Ironically it was one of the few UK comedy shows I can think of that definitely gave some voice to an avowedly right-wing comedian as Geoff Norcott has been a regular on it for years.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Can’t wait for it to be replaced with Tom Harwood and Darren Grimes new sitcom “The problem with our generation!”

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Honestly, never heard of it. Then again I haven't watched anything from the Beeb, other than the occasional david attenborough program, for years.
Got live streaming services so who needs the Beeb ?

NinjaFletch

Never heard of it. Is it any good or just some wannabe John Oliver kind of thing?
Funny you say that as Nish Kumar is one of the people that replaced John Oliver on The Bugle after he stopped doing it.

F-Red

Never heard of it. Is it any good or just some wannabe John Oliver kind of thing?
It's ok, it wouldn't surprise me that after 4 seasons it's ran it's creative course. Surprised so many are quoting near verbatim a story broken as a 'Sun Exclusive'.

Sweet Square

In fairness it was shite.

These type of satire shows act as more of a release valve for the liberal viewer than anything else. It was friends but for people who are into politics.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Can’t wait for it to be replaced with Tom Harwood and Darren Grimes new sitcom “The problem with our generation!”
Sounds like a show with proper banter!

redmeister

It gets under 1 million viewers and has an IMDb rating of 6.1 (which is low for a tv show). So it’s not well rated and not watched by many people. HIGNFY still gets several million viewers and is rated at 7.9 on IMDB. Surely it’s obvious why it’s been cancelled.

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
Watched it once and while its heart was in the right place, it just wasn't very funny.

If they come for HIGNFY, then we riot.

Classical Mechanic

HIGNFY has loads of right wing folks on. People have actually (although ludicrously) accused it being responsible for Boris's rise in politics because he was presenter on it a number of times to acclaim.

NinjaFletch

Are you suggesting that Paul Merton is anything less than a comedic demigod?
Paul Merton is a man who might once have been funny in the 1980s who has been phoning in HIGNFY for about 15 years.

Follow that up with an Ian Hislop who has long since given up any pretence that he's actually trying to be funny and you're left with a show that's been stale for nearly a decade (and that might be generous).

Classical Mechanic

Paul Merton is a man who might once have been funny in the 1980s who has been phoning in HIGNFY for about 15 years.

Follow that up with an Ian Hislop who has long since given up any pretence that he's actually trying to be funny and you're left with a show that's been stale for nearly a decade (and that might be generous).
I like Hislop. You're right about Merton though. He's happy with his £20k per episode cheque and has given up.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
Tbh I thought it was on Channel 4 for some reason. They should snap it up.
Channel 4 ran a similar sort of show a few years ago. I think it was called Alternative News at 10, and David Mitchell and Charlie Brooker were part of the presenting team.

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
Eah to their own I suppose. Merton certainly weighs in on the serious topics less frequently but his mind is a sharp as ever when it comes to ad libbing.
HIGNFY currently looks like a game show from the film Brazil

:lol: That was a weird season, made worse by a total lack of audience. After a shaky first ep it was still good, though.

Fortunately, the following season had studio guests with perspex separating them and a digital audience.

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
Channel 4 ran a similar sort of show a few years ago. I think it was called Alternative News at 10, and David Mitchell and Charlie Brooker were part of the presenting team.
Jimmy Carr and Lauren Laverne too. Had some good parts but plenty of filler too. Still, would've liked to have seen more of it.

I guess The Last Leg is the closest thing to a spiritual successor.