5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

-Supreme-

Good game, I want to see him delivering more crosses into the box, not only we desperately need more creativity from our wingers/wide forwards but also improve his all round game as has been too predictable at times.

Would've had a goal if Mike Dean hadn't blown for that pen, Bruno had dummied it to Mason in loads of space against McCarthy. Looked more confident to actually take people on. Nice assist. Decent perforamance

Robbie Boy

Much improved performance from him tonight. Would have loved if he got himself a goal but they'll come. He's far too good of a finisher to not start banging them in again.

Redfrog

Greenwood can become great at making plays for others if he really commits to it.
Yeah, he had a good game tonight. Some of his passing has been wonderfull and he is always looking to up the tempo. He has United in his blood, you can tell that. Too bad, his performance just missed a goal.
He really seems to play himself into form right now.

I just worry that Ole wants to try to much to play Rashford on the right and Martial on the left. We are better with Greenwood on the right and Rashford left. Martial should be Cavani's or Rashford's sub right now.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
He's been poor this season but his last few games look like he might be starting to get into form again. He wasn't exactly amazing today but it was definitely better than he was playing earlier, and he almost certainly would have scored if the referee had played on instead of calling it back for the penalty (which the VAR then overruled).

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
To top off of his excellent game, the boy worked extremely hard today. Back to his last season form.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Good assist to Rashford as well actually
Played a sumptuous cross field pass in the build up to Cavani's goal as well. Thought his best moment, outside of the assist, was his quick feet and making space for himself seconds before McTominay's goal.

bsCallout

He's really improved his all round game, which will serve him as a CF too but I really hope he gets some more goals because he deserves it.

Sylar

All i see is a selfish player whenever he has the ball he doesn't participate in the building and all he seems to want to do is create space to have a shot even when his teammates are in better position than him.

He has a great shot but his selfish mentalité is holding him back.
What a strange game to have this post associated with

Anyway robbed off a goal but glad he started. Also was nice to see him assist Rashford too as I swear there are games where they don't pass to each other

Anyway glad he contributed

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
All i see is a selfish player whenever he has the ball he doesn't participate in the building and all he seems to want to do is create space to have a shot even when his teammates are in better position than him.

He has a great shot but his selfish mentalité is holding him back.
Is this a parody post? The username, the supported club, the utter tosh...

Sea-Cow

Played a sumptuous cross field pass in the build up to Cavani's goal as well. Thought his best moment, outside of the assist, was his quick feet and making space for himself seconds before McTominay's goal.
Yeah I agree. I think he has done that move a few times lately, where he does the stop/start double-tap. If he keeps working hard and maybe develops a little bit physically, and maybe magically gets a half-yard quicker, then he should have a great career.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I really want to see him start channeling his inner Robben (and dare I say Salah) and do that cut in on his left and curl it into the top corner. When he cuts in he always looks to drill it near post if he keeps it on his left

Sea-Cow

Is this a parody post? The username, the supported club, the utter tosh...
I mean, maybe last night wasn't the best time to make the observation, but I don't think he is wrong exactly. I think we would all agree that he hasn't been as good as we all think he can be. There are probably many reasons for that, the most obvious being that he is still a freaking teenager, but there have been many times this season when he has forced a shot, or kept his head down dribbling in the box, when a pass was the better option.

But just chalk it up to learning experience and hope that he will realize his incredible potential. And if he develops a better sense of when to pass and when to be selfish and go for goal as a typical number 9, then of course he will be better for it!

Sea-Cow

I really want to see him start channeling his inner Robben (and dare I say Salah) and do that cut in on his left and curl it into the top corner. When he cuts in he always looks to drill it near post if he keeps it on his left
I think it might be because he is not as quick as those two. I think he pulls the shot near-post to try to sneak it in under the defender's leg. Because he isn't as quick as those two, two of the fastest / quickest players on earth I am aware so this isn't really a knock on Mason, I think defenders would be able to easily block his shot if he goes for the far-post curler. Then later if they start to get wise to the shot going under their legs, maybe the defenders are cautious on stretching out fully, so then he could try to go for "the Robben."

Just my guess.

stw2022

I find it annoying reading online about how people are judging the lad on whether or not he scores. His ability to be involved in the build up is important for me. He seems mentally and technically capable of playing in the team and has intelligence maybe beyond his years. Yes he’ll still be wet behind the ears but he knows where team mates are; he knows when a quick short pass is necessary and when trying to take on the defender is worthwhile and when it isn’t.

When he plays and he doesn’t score he always contributes. This is why I dislike the relatively modern phenomenon of praising or criticising a player based on a very small number of metrics.

FromTheBench

Are people forgetting he is 19 here?

He will have a breakthrough season soon enough when he becomes unstoppable.

And he hasn't been poor this season. U Expect likes of Rashford and Martial to be going great guns and carrying him at times at this stage.

Man Utd 3:3 Everton

Andersons Dietician

Was really impressed with him today. Often felt that he was on the outskirts of games, not really involved but today he was in it a lot. Making great choices with passes and so. His defensive worked seemed to have massively improved. Those cross field passes are beautiful. Was doing that last game as well.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Very good performance. Particularly in the first half, which was the best we’ve played for many months as a unit.

UncleBob

Was really impressed with him today. Often felt that he was on the outskirts of games, not really involved but today he was in it a lot. Making great choices with passes and so. His defensive worked seemed to have massively improved. Those cross field passes are beautiful. Was doing that last game as well.
Ehm, no. He's like Rashford when he gets anywhere close to goal. It's perfectly fine that he went for the shot on the first occasion, but the rest of his decisions when he came anywhere near the box were fecking rubbish. And he was pretty much non-existing on the pitch for the last 20mins, no idea why Ole didn't sub him off to put on a central midfielder

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Exactly the type of development we want to be seeing from him at this stage.

Mike Smalling

A bright spot today. About as good a performance you could expect without goals/assists. Looked sharp and focused from the start.

Eternitiy

Very good performance. Particularly in the first half, which was the best we’ve played for many months as a unit.
He was superb in the first half, but faded a bit in the second half. However, he was still maintaining our shape and retaining possession well. Elite management by Ole to needlessly substitute him in those final minutes. Really good decision.

el3mel

Thought he played really well today in first half, though his performance dropped in second one I believe.

MalcolmTucker

Very good today. Smart and tidy on the ball and made an effort of it.

I read an interview where he remarked on Cavani's movement and workrate, glad to see it's rubbing off on him as he looked like he was getting lazy at the beginning of the season

Zoo

His overall game was brilliant. I dunno who said it last season that he has so much more to show but now he’s starting to do that.

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
He was superb in the first half, but faded a bit in the second half. However, he was still maintaining our shape and retaining possession well. Elite management by Ole to needlessly substitute him in those final minutes. Really good decision.
Nothing wrong with the sub in theory. Everton were going to be pumping long balls and throws into the box so it was a no brainer to throw another centre half on for the last couple minutes. Obviously backfired and maybe Matic would have been the better bet but it was the right idea

Superunknown

He's starting to look good again. I really enjoyed watching him today and hope that he can bag a goal in his next game. First half in particular was great.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
He is really a student of the game you can tell. He can develop into whatever he wants. Class performance from the youngster.

Status
Not open for further replies.