5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zlatattack

Played well, did everything that was expected of him. In a couple of years time if he continues to improve he'll be a nailed down start, no matter who we have in our side.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Hes an absolute gem of a player. So pure technically, love how he's learning how to use his pace and his power in combination to his ability on the ball. He's improved loads on the right, but I still definitely think his future is up top. That ability on the ball and ability to get quick shots away combined with his movement and natural shooting ability is exactly what we need up there and I have no doubt that he'll become a fantastic player.

So young still, and maybe he was tiring last night, but he was our best attacker last night IMO and shouldn't have came off, though I understand leaving Rashford on for penalties ahead of Greenwood due to experience.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
I personally don’t see the striker there. Top RW sure but he doesn’t head, doesn’t run in behind or work the channels or come into the 6 yard box for a scrappy tap in. He’s as much of a striker as Rashford is tbh. He’s a world class prospect all the same and I do think he might become more poacher like if there was consistent service from the left. I think in a few years he’ll be our RW with Sancho on the left and an aggressive type in the middle.

Anustart89

Played well, did everything that was expected of him. In a couple of years time if he continues to improve he'll be a nailed down start, no matter who we have in our side.
I love the optimism. I fully expect Rashford to be a mainstay though, even if he's being put out there on the left wing in a wheelchair.

DoomSlayer

Can't wait to see Mason's development and I feel this is only the start of his journey.

I personally always felt he would be best suited as a wide forward from both sides, his unique talent can flourish the most from those positions.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Surprised to see the rumours of him not being picked in England's 26, gutted for the player but from the United point of view happy. He gets a full preseason with the club and gets ample rest.

Nickelodeon

Surprised to see the rumours of him not being picked in England's 26, gutted for the player but from the United point of view happy. He gets a full preseason with the club and gets ample rest.
Agree. Personally think that if Southgate does indeed decide that, it will be a poor call. On current form, no way should Sterling or Rashford be above him in the pecking order.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Southgate is genuinely a fool. Should absolutely be nailed on in the squad. The rumours I heard had hun included though so perhaps wait and see.

romufc

Southgate is genuinely a fool. Should absolutely be nailed on in the squad. The rumours I heard had hun included though so perhaps wait and see.
I am quite gutted that England have him in charge this time around, the wealth of talent available yet he will ignore some of them.

No way Sterling deserves to be in there over Greenwood on form

I am quite gutted that England have him in charge this time around, the wealth of talent available yet he will ignore some of them.

No way Sterling deserves to be in there over Greenwood on form
i would take Sterling over Greenwood if there was a straight choice between the two. Sterling is proven at the highest level.

that said, it’s not a choice between those two, and there should be a place for Greenwood, esp given there is 3 additional places.

Ive never understood this argument. From a United perspective, it’s far batter for him to get tournament experience, play international football, and be involved in hopefully big matches - that definitely helps a players development and mentality.

CG1010

Ive never understood this argument. From a United perspective, it’s far batter for him to get tournament experience, play international football, and be involved in hopefully big matches - that definitely helps a players development and mentality.
He will eventually get there anyway.

He will eventually get there anyway.
Of course, but far better for him to have the experience early, and build upon it. The point is that, players, especially young players going to international tournaments is beneficial for their development at club level - and thus it’s not a ‘good thing for United’ if he doesn’t go.

that applies to someone like Vardy - whom Leicester would obviously get no benefit from him going to the Euros - but not a young developing player. These tournaments can really fast track their development.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Can't help but feel the Iceland incident is what will cost him in the end, Southgate seems to have taken a dislike to him unfortunately.

Hammondo

Agree. Personally think that if Southgate does indeed decide that, it will be a poor call. On current form, no way should Sterling or Rashford be above him in the pecking order.
Agreed. They both have been poor for a good few months now.

macheda14

i would take Sterling over Greenwood if there was a straight choice between the two. Sterling is proven at the highest level.

that said, it’s not a choice between those two, and there should be a place for Greenwood, esp given there is 3 additional places.
Sterling is proven at the highest level yet has shown this season he can’t play at the highest level anymore. Pep proved that Sterling is no longer international standard by starting him in the CL final. City fans want him gone.

rotherham_red

Can't help but feel the Iceland incident is what will cost him in the end, Southgate seems to have taken a dislike to him unfortunately.
Southgate threw him under the bus. Foden, being the older person and someone with a partner and child, was much more egregious in his behaviour and all was forgiven. Mixed-raced Greenwood, meanwhile...

And let's also not forget that, having gone through the whole season being protected by his club with regard to media activities (as per request from his parents) England decide to put him forward for a press conference on his first call up to the squad just as the Maguire in Greece news hit the front pages.

fecking cowards, the lot of them.

Minkaro

I had no idea he was injured at all (the article on the app mentions it’s something he’s been dealing with since March). He’s played well despite it.

Sensible decision from him. He’ll have other chances with England.

Hulme91

Southgate threw him under the bus. Foden, being the older person and someone with a partner and child, was much more egregious in his behaviour and all was forgiven. Mixed-raced Greenwood, meanwhile...

And let's also not forget that, having gone through the whole season being protected by his club with regard to media activities (as per request from his parents) England decide to put him forward for a press conference on his first call up to the squad just as the Maguire in Greece news hit the front pages.

fecking cowards, the lot of them.
Foden got his head down and became a key component for the best team in the country
Greenwood also had disciplinary issues with United around that period and was nowhere near top form
Seems pretty clear why Foden was previously called up tbh, now that Mason seems to have moved past these issues he'll back in and around the England set up

suheilsworld

Glad he’s withdrawn. If he’s actually nursing an injury, let him recuperate and be ready for the next season. He’s young and hopefully will have more chances at the international stage.

We might end up losing Rashford for sometime with him already nursing an injury and going to Euros.

CM

Probably a good thing for United in the long-term. Southgate mismanaged him last year anyway, best for us if he's fully recovered and ready to go next season.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I hope it's a case that he genuinely does have a niggle, rather than jumping before he was pushed so to speak.

Rilz

Supports
Manchester united
Fantastic news for us, couldn’t give less of a **** about England

Raw

Good. He probably wouldn't have played much at all anyway, at least he'll be fully ready for next season.

Shame we can't have Rashford do this too.

tomaldinho1

I hope it's a case that he genuinely does have a niggle, rather than jumping before he was pushed so to speak.
Probably a mix of the two - I don't think Southgate likes him post Iceland and he likely wouldn't have gone. Would love it if Rashford did the same to be honest - he needs an extended break more than anyone.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Disappointing as an England fan, as Mason would have been a huge weapon off the bench.

Still, if he's injured, he's injured.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
So you’re blaming him for playing instead of the manager for playing him injured all season. A top player is never going to come out and say ‘I don’t want to play’. It was obvious for everybody watching that he was knackered late in the game, and any fresh legs would have been better than an injured/tired player on the pitch.
To bring back Ralph's comment on Rashford being like any other top player to make himself available even when badly injured, see exhibit 1:

Very sensible.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I think he wouldn't have played much had he gone but it would've been a good experience for him.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
I was expecting him to be one of the ones to be cut this week. Didn't know he was carrying a niggle though, so I'm glad he's opting to not play through it.

I hope Rashford does the same. They're stacked up top, they can easily manage without him.

BFernandes

Good, he'll be properly rested for next season.

Same for Maguire hopefully. Could not give a feck about England

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Great for us. feck players getting injured playing for England, it happens every year and is a piss take really. I think all clubs’ fans would agree on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.