Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

TsuWave

He does not look 6' 2". Are you sure?
He's listed everywhere as 5'11 - except FIFA for some reason, where he's 6'2. Greenwood himself posted on his Insta story in May about being 6'2. I can't find a screenshot, but found some discussion about it on /r/RedDevils:

Tried to find a squad photo from the Europa League, but he's always in the front row ffs.

Closest I can find is this from the start of last season, so likely not completely accurate to his current height. For reference Rojo is listed at 6'2, Bissaka at 6'0:

Carrick alluded to it too in June - "Mason's at that age where he has big spurts every time you see him. Height, strength, muscle. You can certainly see the change since he came back after the lockdown."

Last edited:

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Wow.
Wow.
Wow.

Anyone else in the world you would watch get the ball out in mid right field 1 on 1 with a defender and automatically think goal? Before he’s even gotten into the box you’re already thinking goal.

I don’t think that with Mbappe, Neymar or even Ronaldo right now.

I used to with R9 and younger Messi.

This feeling is very reserved to the greatest of players.

Funny thing is 99% of the time where Greenwood picked up that ball James would have fed it right back with a pass back. Levels

criticalanalysis

His touch and passing are underrated.
That's what I'm continually impressed with. He does the basics and does it so well.

He's not a dribble into the box and take a shot abuser. He does what's mostly right outside the box be it pass and move, hold up play, eat up the open space etc and then does what he does in the box.

What a talent.

meamth

We should've been really proactive and signed someone like Eze before we go in for Sancho...but Crystal Palace got him first, ffs.

Heck, even Cengiz Under, someone in that mold, anyone could work at this point. Greenwood would always be first choice!

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
A naturally brilliant footballer. His efficiency and productivity is pretty astounding. One of those players to whom passing it crisply and accurately, making the right decisions etc is just second nature.

Terminator

Incredible talent.

Are my eyes deceiving me or has he bulked up/grown in height over the last 1-2 months? Looks even bigger than the bulk after lockdown.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
As soon as he drives towards the box from that right hand side, i expect him to score. Must be horrible to defend against, knowing he can go left or right and needs just a small window to get his shot off.

Really impressed with his hold-up play for Rashfords goal. Phenomenal talent.

adnando

This has been my thinking for sometime now.
Sancho has played 101 games for BVB and he's still only 20. Why cant we put the same faith in a player such as Greenwood ?
We are putting the same faith in Greenwood, he had 49 appearances last season.
He'll probably hit the same number of appearances (more minutes tho) as last year, even if we get Sancho.

Don't understand why people are skeptical about bringing in a first XI quality player when we only have three players for three spots.
Greenwood is a star in the making, he will play no matter who we bring in.

SteveW

Football is too easy for him.

I said on here several times when he was 16/17 that he was pretty much the best footballer in the club and would prove it as soon as he filled out a bit. It was seen by many as an outlandish statement and a lot of people scoffed but I don't even see it as that good a prediction. It was just bloody obvious. He's just a world class top tier talent. He could be anything. He could be another Ronaldo if he wants it enough (either one)

If all works out watching this guy for the next 15 years (hopefully) is going to be an absolute treat. We're blessed to have him.

Jaxa

He has been managed extremely well by Ole but along with Bruno he should be one of the first names on the team sheet, he is ready, he has shown it multiple times now and i feel only more game time will really help propel this guy into stardom, top scorer this season for us ?

SteveW

We are putting the same faith in Greenwood, he had 49 appearances last season.
He'll probably hit the same number of appearances (more minutes tho) as last year, even if we get Sancho.

Don't understand why people are skeptical about bringing in a first XI quality player when we only have three players for three spots.
Greenwood is a star in the making, he will play no matter who we bring in.
Absolutely. Sancho would be good for Mason. It would allow him more chances to play up front when we don't absolutely have to play him on the right. We need 4 good players for the front 3 positions. There's just way too many games this season for the same 3 to play every game. Over the season I'd expect all 4 to get comparable minutes and even with that rotation there would still be a danger of some of them getting burnt out.

Red Royal

Martial, Greenwood or Bruno (as a penalty taker) - one of them will be top scorer
Is Rashford really not in the mix... if he gets into a hot streak and stays injury free, I see him banging in 25+ goals over all comps. Especially if Ole can teach him more of the tap ins that he needs.

Mike Smalling

Still can't believe Ole started with James ahead of Greenwood against Palace. Especially when he knew that Palace would sit deep and counter.

He is by far our best option on the right wing. Even if we get Sancho he should still get a fair share of the starts in the league. He is that good.

SSSSnake

Yeah but then we'd only have 3 attackers we can play because Igalho and James are not close to good enough
oh for sure we need another attacker. Personally would love us to get a number 9 that has some power and strength. Calvert-Lewin Would be amazing but we are most likely priced out. Yes I know I’m crazy wanting Calvert-Lewis over Sancho.

Alemar

Is Rashford really not in the mix...
He is in general less prolific than both Martial and Greenwood, so it is unlikely he will outscore them. And with Bruno, if we continue to win many penalties, of course he can also hit 25 goals

Dozer

Re: the supposed '100m under-13 Great Britain sprint race' where he 'broke the Great Britian record'. As an even bigger fan of athletics than I am of football, it always makes me laugh when I see hyperbole like this pop up.

There is a website which collates every individual performance of every athlete, at every competition at club/regional/national level in the UK, and it's been doing this for about 15 years. Mason's UK ranking for 100m as an Under-13 was 102nd. SOURCE He was ranked higher for 60m which, by virtue of typically being an indoor/winter event, attracts far fewer competitors. He was also a good long jumper. But he was a decent club level athlete and nothing more.

It deserves as much credence as extrapolating Erling Haaland's or Theo Walcott's sprints to claim they could beat Usain Bolt, or saying Rory Delap could have been Javelin world record holder because he once won his district school's competition. People (and particularly sports journalists who can't be bothered to do their research) seem to think footballers could just turn their hand at anything and be world class at it.

RUCK4444

oh for sure we need another attacker. Personally would love us to get a number 9 that has some power and strength. Calvert-Lewin Would be amazing but we are most likely priced out. Yes I know I’m crazy wanting Calvert-Lewis over Sancho.
I don’t think you realise just how crazy you are there bud :yawn:

DomM

expecting over 20 goals from this guy this season, very exciting player.

Woodzy

He's going to end up amongst the very best players in the world, absolutely convinced by that.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
His finishing is world class, and no thats not hyperbole, i really think it is.

Also the fact that hes equally strong with both feet is such a rare quality. You have players that can score with both feet, but the vast majority of them usually want to get it over to their stronger foot when taking a difficult shot, not Mason though. He bangs them in with both feet for fun, which does make him incredibly unpredictable and hard to defend against

SteveW

Re: the supposed '100m under-13 Great Britain sprint race' where he 'broke the Great Britian record'. As an even bigger fan of athletics than I am of football, it always makes me laugh when I see hyperbole like this pop up.

There is a website which collates every individual performance of every athlete, at every competition at club/regional/national level in the UK, and it's been doing this for about 15 years. Mason's UK ranking for 100m as an Under-13 was 102nd. SOURCE He was ranked higher for 60m which, by virtue of typically being an indoor/winter event, attracts far fewer competitors. He was also a good long jumper. But he was a decent club level athlete and nothing more.

It deserves as much credence as extrapolating Erling Haaland's or Theo Walcott's sprints to claim they could beat Usain Bolt, or saying Rory Delap could have been Javelin world record holder because he once won his district school's competition. People (and particularly sports journalists who can't be bothered to do their research) seem to think footballers could just turn their hand at anything and be world class at it.
Yeah, paper doesn't refuse ink unfortunately. That claim never seemed realistic.

To be fair though 102nd in his age group in the UK means he must have been pretty fecking quick.

Lentwood

No doubt in my mind, this lad will be in the top 5 players in the world in 5yrs time

Question is, can we surround him with the right quality to keep him happy at Utd?

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
There's not many players in the world that when they get the ball near the box, if they don't score you end up disappointed.

You just know that when he gets somebody squared up, he's firing in some step overs and snapping away a shot. I loved that he went to the right side on his first attempt which made the defender think "Ok he prefers his right foot", then goes straight at him again and cuts inside with more space than usual as the defender is over compensating to stop the right foot.

He really does have world class potential, if he can keep himself grounded and has the desire to be one of the best he will be (injuries aside)

On top of his amazing finishing though, his link up game is showing just as good too. The hold up play and little flick into Rashfords path for his goal, the 1-2 with Wan Bissaka. He's more than just a poacher. He's a 2 footed RVP.

Dve

I hope it's obvious to people at least now, that this kid is still out of position on the right wing, and we can't rely on him to play out the entire season there.
He´s been doing fantastic in the position he´s playing, so why is it obvious that he should be playing somewhere else? It´s like saying "this is the best cake I´ve ever had, I wish there was something else in it".

Dve

Whatever that Icelandic model did to him, it sure made no harm.

jeff_goldblum

His finishing is world class, and no thats not hyperbole, i really think it is.

Also the fact that hes equally strong with both feet is such a rare quality. You have players that can score with both feet, but the vast majority of them usually want to get it over to their stronger foot when taking a difficult shot, not Mason though. He bangs them in with both feet for fun, which does make him incredibly unpredictable and hard to defend against
The edge two-footedness gives an attacking player can't really be overstated. I couldn't count the number of times in the game last night I saw players miss the opportunity for an easy forward pass or to exploit a gap because they didn't feel confident on their weaker foot. We lose momentum so often because of players checking back onto their strong foot. We should be drilling two-footedness into all our academy players.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
He has been managed extremely well by Ole but along with Bruno he should be one of the first names on the team sheet, he is ready, he has shown it multiple times now and i feel only more game time will really help propel this guy into stardom, top scorer this season for us ?
Wouldn’t be an outlandish prediction, he’s the most natural goal scorer we have by far.

Bondi77

He is going to have a big season and I have to get him in my FPL side at the double!

SATA

Mbappe, Sancho, Haaland, Greenwood

4 of the brightest young talents in the world. Mbappe we won't get but we need to absolutely make sure we have the middle two to go with Mason at this club

Status
Not open for further replies.