5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sylar

Apart from scoring in every single kit of ours, he has scored from the left with his left foot (Against leeds), from the centre, with his left foot (against Saints) and with his right on the right side of the box (v Wolves)

The fact that he can go eitehr way, and use either foot is a huge huge advantage and makes it difficult to defend against him.

OL29

He seems to have added explosive acceleration to his game, the rate at which he’s developing is scary. Once he improves his nous in the box, in terms of getting on the end of crosses and cut backs, which I expect to happen soon, he’s going to be unstoppable.

pascell

He seems to have added explosive acceleration to his game, the rate at which he’s developing is scary. Once he improves his nous in the box, in terms of getting on the end of crosses and cut backs, which I expect to happen soon, he’s going to be unstoppable.
Think he said he was in over the summer working with the coaches on his strength and quickness.

Rilz

Supports
Manchester united
Long time United fan but first post here and joined the forum just to say this…

Say whatever you will about the manager and issues at the top of the club, but it looks like the most exciting times and squad we have had since Fergie by far.

However, I just want to say that as amazing and romantic as Ronaldo’s return will be next match the last thing that needs to happen and worst thing that could happen is for this lad to lose minutes going forward.

I have been following Greenwood’s progress since he was in the U-18 setup, and he is everything this club is about. He is my favorite United player ever after Scholes already. And that is saying a lot considering my massive man crush on Wayne Rooney. His progress has been amazing to watch and at times a welcome distraction these past few years.

I won’t make any comparisons to Ronaldo, but I genuinely think the kid has Ballon d’Or potential and will not break but shatter Rooney’s club scoring record if he stays healthy over the course of his career.

At such a young age he is already a match winner as evidenced today yet again. He scores pivotal goals with a remarkable clinical precision, and his overall play only gets better every match.

It is pure joy to watch. And while I look forward to seeing Ronaldo in a red shirt again as much as any United fan next match, it really pales in comparison to seeing this kid mature and perform at such a high level as a teenager.

Long may it continue. And may he be given every opportunity for it to continue.

Glory glory Man United :devil:
Great first post mate, welcome !

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
At the moment Fred is playing too bad to keep his place in Midfield when McTominay comes back

Also I think our attack is too good to keep playing Pogba LM so he will probably be playing CM with McTominay or a Midfield addition
Rashford is out injured, while Sancho hasn’t really hit the ground running, playing Pogba on the left is by far our best option.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
I might get skinned for this and my prediction may end up Going to the gutter but the boy is ballon d'or material and I wasn't even this sure about Ronaldo himself

The lad has everything to be a wc forward and then some. his first touch,passing range,dribling ability are all top notch and he genuinely is one of if not the best finishers in the world

While his body has clearly matured i think he still has some way to go and hopefully hanging around with Ronaldo shows him how to make most of it

His heading clearly needs some work as he lacks it and having it in his arsenal would make him much more versatile and an even bigger threat in the box

Hes also a deceptively good passer of the ball wich might suggest it would be better to play him as a wide forward rather then the traditional No 9 though he has what it takes to be good at both

Its imperative that ole rewards his stellar form with a fixed starting position at rw to continue his development and the rest is dependent on the boy himself. If he has the mentality and tge courage to make it to the top then only the sky is the limit for the kid

reelworld

Greenwood was our most dangerous player for 3 straight game and you need to play him nearer to goal. It's not even funny how often he have to drop back to our own half because he's not getting anything near the opposition goal.
I don't care what formation you use, give him even half chances he'll get you goals. I hope he gets to play with Ronaldo and not get his minutes cut because of him.

reelworld

I might get skinned for this and my prediction may end up Going to the gutter but the boy is ballon d'or material and I wasn't even this sure about Ronaldo himself

The lad has everything to be a wc forward and then some. his first touch,passing range,dribling ability are all top notch and he genuinely is one of if not the best finishers in the world

While his body has clearly matured i think he still has some way to go and hopefully hanging around with Ronaldo shows him how to make most of it

His heading clearly needs some work as he lacks it and having it in his arsenal would make him much more versatile and an even bigger threat in the box

Hes also a deceptively good passer of the ball wich might suggest it would be better to play him as a wide forward rather then the traditional No 9 though he has what it takes to be good at both

Its imperative that ole rewards his stellar form with a fixed starting position at rw to continue his development and the rest is dependent on the boy himself. If he has the mentality and tge courage to make it to the top then only the sky is the limit for the kid
His one touch passing was very good against Leeds, but he needs to play closer to goal to have maximum effect. I think his best position would a false nine role similar to what Messi did at Pep Barca. He can break opponent press by playing quick one touch passes to running midfielder which opened up our attack even more.

edcunited1878

He genuinely has that potential because his technical ability and more importantly, his finishing inside the box, is so so good. I think he's surrounded by the right people and has been kept level headed.

He's so deadly and pure inside the box...and he's two footed. Give him a few half chances per match, he's going to hit the target if not score.

reelworld

If we can get a midfielder in then they both need to be worried. Greenwood-Ronaldo-Pogba pick themselves for the time being.

It’s a great position to be in. If you perform you’ll play. If not then there are multiple capable options waiting for their opportunity on the bench. This kind of competition for places is what we’ve desperately been missing since the Fergie days.
:drool:
Hopefully we see this in 2 weeks time vs Newcastle

Dante

Average bang
Probably.

We need to get over the idea that centreforward is a more prestiguous position than wideforward, and that therefore Greenwood's development should automatically be aiming to make him a centreforward.

If you look through the recent history of football you'll see Ronaldo at United, Ronaldo at Real, Etoo at Inter, Salah at Liverpool, Sterling at City, etc. where the wideforward has actually been the main man and the centreforward has only been there to facilitate his teammate.

Just because Greenwood is a super talented attacker, that doesn't make him destined for CF. He can be just as pivotal coming from out wide.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
If you look through the recent history of football you'll see Ronaldo at United, Ronaldo at Real, Etoo at Inter, Salah at Liverpool, Sterling at City, etc. where the wideforward has actually been the main man and the centreforward has only been there to facilitate his teammate.
Also Messi!

meamth

My brother is a Liverpool fan he hated to admit that Greenwood actually plays like RVP.

BarstoolProphet

It pisses me off no end that no matter how many goals he scores and how well he plays, fans, pundits and journalists keep dropping him from ultimate United XI's. It happened when Sancho signed and we see it now with the addition of Ronaldo. He's been our best forward and has developed into our best RW and also a very good CF in the making. Yet apparently both Sancho, Rashford, Cavani and Ronaldo will keep him out when all are fit.

Eddy_JukeZ

He can't be dropped when Ronaldo returns.

He is absolutely lethal around the penalty box. He really is a more two footed and explosive RVP. His potential is frightening.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
It pisses me off no end that no matter how many goals he scores and how well he plays, fans, pundits and journalists keep dropping him from ultimate United XI's. It happened when Sancho signed and we see it now with the addition of Ronaldo. He's been our best forward and has developed into our best RW and also a very good CF in the making. Yet apparently both Sancho, Rashford, Cavani and Ronaldo will keep him out when all are fit.
He has a great shot but I'm really not that in love with him on the right. Love the player and massive potential. But on the right ahead of Wan Bissaka, it just turns into a gaping hole. The goal (imo) has to be to put Sancho there and balance out link up play and creativity with Sancho on the right (Greenwood just isn't a creative player and is reliant on shots from tough angles which leads to being incredibly streaky) with our usual quality on the left.

MDFC Manager

Showing people that he's got pace (some were questioning him last season). He's added a chunk of power to pace and now looks like he'll blast past most fullbacks.

Valencia Shin Crosses

Probably.

We need to get over the idea that centreforward is a more prestiguous position than wideforward, and that therefore Greenwood's development should automatically be aiming to make him a centreforward.

Just because Greenwood is a super talented attacker, that doesn't make him destined for CF. He can be just as pivotal coming from out wide.
For me it has nothing to do with some "prestigious role" and everything to do with having him through the middle takes advantage of how two footed he is. Plus true central strikers are mostly a thing of the past for many teams so it isn't a huge distinction anyways, but I want Greenwood in that designated role just so he can have as many opportunities as possible in front of goal on either side.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
He is so clinical, and his shots seem vicious and ruthless without being always powerful, he just seems to slot it in, even if the GK has a good jump on it. I still think he's got a long way to go before we can go into Ballon d'Or potential conversation, because he has Mbappe and Haaland to deal with for the next ten years but he's definitely exciting to follow because you can tell he's working on his game and adding wrinkles and improvements to it. His off-the-ball movements have really impressed me at times compared to what they were, not just to make his runs but to free others, feels like Cavani has maybe had a hand in that.

Nicolarra90

Just fantastic.
His shots have just the presicion, power and speed that make them unsavable.
Think he could also be our best free kick taker. He should start claiming them soon.
Add some aerial threat and we certainly have a ballon d'or contender.

YPOTS 2021/22

Thiagoal

I wonder what he’s done to offend Southgate? No sane person could think Bamford is more worthy of a place in the England squad

Lam

Going to be 20 in October and already has 30+ goals for United. Hope he keeps his head down and the club takes care of his progress as he potentially can become United’s all time leading scorer in the next 7-8 years. He’ll not even be 30 then!
Crazy potential

SinNombre

I wonder what he’s done to offend Southgate? No sane person could think Bamford is more worthy of a place in the England squad
That’s a good thing for him.

Keep working with the coaches and physios at United in this important developmental phase.

OmarUnited4ever

He is only 19, and when you ask me who I trust the most in front of the goal, I would say Mason, now with CR coming in, we will have 2 lethal strikers, with Cavani, and Rashford coming back and providing goals, that means we will have a strong strike force (here to hoping Martial also finds he shooting boots!!).

Mozox

Maybe it keeps him pushing harder at least also have some additional time to bulk up in the gym, I see positives in this.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
That’s a good thing for him.

Keep working with the coaches and physios at United in this important developmental phase.
Agreed, too much too soon can be bad and it's giving him an extra carrot to chase after. This can only mean good things for the club.

OmarUnited4ever

I think it's an agreement between Southgate & Ole, to keep Greenwood out of the England setup for now, and he will be working on his own development at the club, I think it is a good plan for Greenwood, as we all can see, he's had an amazing start to the campaign..

Strelok

Don't know if anyone has said this but not only he scored in all our three matches his goals are all very important and critical. One to shut those Leeds cnut down after they equalised. One to earned us a point and another one for the three points yesterday.

Enough has been said about his finishing, his too footed, his talent but to think he's our academy, only 19 yo give me goosebumps. He'll get even better and that's scary to think.

I don't worry over the Ronaldo signing. So far Ole has perfectly managed his development and I believe he'll continue to do so.

kaNNz

It is how it is.Greenwood is simply far superior footballer compared to Rashford, Sancho, Martial etc.That doesn't mean they are weak.Mason is just superb talent.His overall game is insane.Thanks god he is not leading City's atack, he will break the league.

Cloud7

What a player he is. His development is really enjoyable to watch.

I know it’s basically illegal to say this on here, of all our current options for the wide positions, him, Sancho, Rashford and Pogba, he is the one whose position should be the most secure. Transfer fee or history or whatever should not come into it. Mason deserves his starting spot on the right, and Sancho/Rashford/Whoever else should fight it out for the left.

In my eyes it’ll be unacceptable if he’s dropped for one of them to automatically take his spot rather than having to earn it.

Classical Mechanic

He’s done nothing to offend Southgate. Ole said he spoke to Southgate and they agreed it’s best for him to concentrate on club football for the moment. He would be in the England squad if it was about merit on the pitch alone.

Trequarista10

Apart from scoring in every single kit of ours, he has scored from the left with his left foot (Against leeds), from the centre, with his left foot (against Saints) and with his right on the right side of the box (v Wolves)

The fact that he can go eitehr way, and use either foot is a huge huge advantage and makes it difficult to defend against him.
Indeed. Its part of the reason people think he will end up centrally, but I think it makes him a threat on either wing, too. You don't always get the time or space to cut in on your strong foot so being able to go both ways makes him almost impossible for a defender to deal with.

Red_Aaron

Can't be 100% sure but I think the keeper got fingertips to his shot in the first half which was a great hit from that angle

It's actually scary how easily he hits those bottom corners, with real venom in the strike too

The kids got lazers in his feet

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
Can't be 100% sure but I think the keeper got fingertips to his shot in the first half which was a great hit from that angle

It's actually scary how easily he hits those bottom corners, with real venom in the strike too

The kids got lazers in his feet
Yes, the keeper got finger tips to it as showed on replay. Great shot and great save.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
The run for that first chance was really good, he is definitely a starter until both Rashford and Sancho find their top form at the very least.

Mentality Monsters

I don't think there's another player in Europe that offers the combination of attributes that he possesses.

He's quick, direct, a world class finisher and equally comfortable on either foot. You'll find players that excel at a couple of these areas, but rarely do you find all four.

Look at all of his goals last season (and you can include this season if you want). Every single one of his strikes are hard and low. The most difficult shot for goalkeepers to save are the ones they have to try and get down to, and Greenwood makes them do it time and time again. It's not a coincidence, he knows exactly what he's doing, and he can do it equally on either foot. You can't teach that.

His improvement since the back end of last season has been immense, something seems to have clicked. And he's now a threat throughout the entirety of the match, not just early on or when he comes on as a late sub.

His speed, direct running once he gets the ball out of his feet and his ability to strike the football with either foot reminds of a young Ronaldo. He's not quite as explosive as him off the mark, but he's a better finisher and his approach play and decision making is better than it was at Ronnie's age too.

Reactions: Sultan
Status
Not open for further replies.