Height: 1,81 m
Squad Number: #12
Position: Striker - Right Forward
Foot: Both
Contract expires: Jun 30, 2024
On loan from: Manchester United
Contract there expires: Jun 30, 2025​

Bwuk

He'll hit 15-20 in the league and this forum will go into meltdown.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
He'll hit 15-20 in the league and this forum will go into meltdown.
He could hit any number from 0 to 100 and this forum will go into a meltdown.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
People thinking he’ll bang goals in but you have to remember he’ll be playing with players who aren’t as good as the ones we have. Getafe might not have any creative players like we do.

Frank White

Will be interesting to see what he looks like. 2 years out with no football at his age.

next_number_seven

Looking forward to see how he fares in La
Liga.
Once he gets fit and settles in, I think he could tear it up.

Very talented individual.
Could see him starting slowly and then after Christmas having good goalscoring stats.
Then a bigger club talking a chance on him.
Huge shortage of strikers at the moment and he would be a bargain.
Couple of years ago he was one of the best young strikers in the world.

It's not so crazy to predict he'll end up at Real Madrid.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
People thinking he’ll bang goals in but you have to remember he’ll be playing with players who aren’t as good as the ones we have. Getafe might not have any creative players like we do.
We didnt have many creative players when he was scoring for us. He made alot of his own goals.

DJ_21

We didnt have many creative players when he was scoring for us. He made alot of his own goals.
He still needs the players to help get him into the positions. Plus we had Fernandes when he was shining for us.

Cassidy

He still needs the players to help get him into the positions. Plus we had Fernandes when he was shining for us.
You’re not remembering very well and Getafe have enough players to get him the ball.
His main issue is going to be not having played for 18+ months

flappyjay

But you also have to consider that if they see his potential in training his teammates will want to feed him all the time. Where everything ends up flowing through him.

NonLeagueFan

Supports
A non league team
Good loan for him to get his sharpness back before he's a regular starter at OT next season

TsuWave

Redstain

Their main account was at around 150k-160K followers before Greenwood. I remember taking a peak. It's at 190K now

and they created an account in english in July and promoted it as "hey guys you can follow our updates on Greenwood in english on our other page here ->" that page was at less than 7K followers, it's now at 23K.
Even the post being on 19k likes is pretty telling. I wouldn't be surprised at rivals looking at the situation assessing the reaction in Spain and potentially declaring interest when he's back from the loan.

A year on and all the upcoming drama for the season will likely desensitize the risk impact of interest in the player.

DJ_21

You’re not remembering very well and Getafe have enough players to get him the ball.
Plus they may play him upfront. He rarely played upfront for us, he was always on the right where he looked at his best.

DJ_21

But you also have to consider that if they see his potential in training his teammates will want to feed him all the time. Where everything ends up flowing through him.
And become predictable where all the Spanish teams know they’re trying to get it to one player.

next_number_seven

18 months isn't much when you're young.
People with broken legs or ACL would be out a year and that's without training.
I assume Greenwood's been training the whole time.

I imagine against the weaker Spanish teams he could put in brilliant performances.

marktan

Stupid international break. Want to see him play and see where he's at. He could've been something truly great by now.

Pass and Move

I’m curious - how do my fellow cafe racers feel - do you want Mason to do well at Getafe, or not?

Guapa

Hope he picks up where he left off and comes back to utd next season.

flappyjay

Stupid international break. Want to see him play and see where he's at. He could've been something truly great by now.
Its a good thing, it gives him a couple of weeks of training before the next match.

flappyjay

And become predictable where all the Spanish teams know they’re trying to get it to one player.
Isn't how it works for most small teams with a decent striker. It's predictable but that striker does keep scoring.

JagUTD

Think they need to put a lot of effort in this "don't give a feck" tactic otherwise they will be forced to backtrack on this signing.
Much bigger chance of him being abused due to his skin colour than for anything else given its Spain and how some Spanish fans roll.

Sancho99

No chance he will be playing soon anyway. Needs to get up to match fitness for sure. I think everybody is curious to see how he does though.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
18 months doing nothing after (at the very least) behaving like a complete prick won’t have helped his ability at football. And judging by his inability to ever play 90 minutes when he was playing regularly it’s a safe bet he’s let himself get badly out of shape. So anyone expecting much from him any time soon is probably deluded.

RVN1991

I’m curious - how do my fellow cafe racers feel - do you want Mason to do well at Getafe, or not?
Yes. More so off the field than on it. If he can redeem himself on and off the field then I see no issue with him coming back.

AngliaRed

He will be back before you know it. Right or wrong, people forget and the press move on. This week it will be Antony and all the floodgates, womans rights, countdown maths lady, experts etc will all be calling for his head, and rightfully so if he is found guilty.

MG will be back at OT I am sure of it.

Cassidy

I imagine against the weaker Spanish teams he could put in brilliant performances.
Yeah not sure how much hes been keeping in shape but I would imagine after a few months he should be doing well

RVN1991

It's an interesting theory whether it's harder to come back from injury or something more off the field like with Greenwood. A lot of better talents than Greenwood have not been able to get their career back on track because of off the field issues but we shall see, I might be wrong but he doesn't strike me as the brightest or mentally the strongest.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I'd imagine he won't play much in the first month. But will be interesting to see what 18 months out of training (but not being injured) actually does to a player like him. Going to just try and ignore all the other stuff and talk/look purely about the football bit for this as I dunno, I'm tired of talking about it and am genuinely just curious to see what sort of player he'll be over there. Can revisit that other stuff if in a year he is actually going to be reintegrated (which my guess is he will be, swapping out Martial when his contract is out... though he'll have to prove he is a good footballer still).

Status
Not open for further replies.