Mason Greenwood | 2023/24 Performances | on loan to Getafe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
I'm amazed anyone is surprised at the deal.

The Athletic pretty confident he won't be coming back. As expected.

Red_Aaron

It also acts as a potential discount if Getafe want to buy him right. Say Valencia offer us 10m Getafe could in theory get him for 8m - that's the more likely event at this point I would say

The big numbers people are throwing around are highly unlikely at this point, would take another season for those to materialise by which point this clause has likely expired

TsuWave

The surprise isn't about him not coming back, but gifting a club 20% of his value for taking him on loan.
That is unbelievable i can't believe Getafe would even ask for that let alone we would do it.
Greenwood was a potential PR storm for whatever club took him on. A commercial risk as sponsors could have distanced themselves based on association to/with him. Also, he hadn’t played or trained at a first team level for like over a year.

For United he was a parked asset the club was stopped from reintegrating due to media and fan pressure. “Cutting ties” also wasn’t a straight forward solution because the club investigation deemed him not guilty of what he had initially been accused of.

The club really didn’t have much choice - and if all things considered giving up 20% of his value is what it took to move him on I can’t really fault the club much

Leftback99

The surprise isn't about him not coming back, but gifting a club 20% of his value for taking him on loan.
We were struggling to give him away in the final minutes of the transfer window. 20% of whatever we get for him won't even be a big number.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Surely it's only a clause if we sell him on the winter window not gifting them 20% of his card permanently.
would expect so, would be monumentally stupid otherwise.

Strelok

I don't know if it's feasible but imo we should recall him back in Jan. We desperately need someone who can create and score right now.

And imo it's better to recall him in Jan than do it in the summer if we decide to keep him. First we're crap atm and fecking need goals so some might consider this as a desperate move. Second there's already a lot of noise against us so some more doesn't hurt. And the season has been pretty much fecked over and will be completely if we don't have a good goalscorer for the rest. You can't be killed if you're already dead. Then doing this in the summer would bring too much negative noise and might damage our new season.

Call him back in Jan, give him half a season. If he's no good just sell him in the summer and let that be the end of all this.

TheRedHearted

As the Bible says
The drought of goals will come
When the nation cast away the prodigal son
And when the prodigal son shall return,
It is he who has learned the ways of the world,
Therefor he is rightful to sit on his fathers throne
Glory, glory, man United.

it was from exodus I believe?

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
As the Bible says
The drought of goals will come
When the nation cast away the prodigal son
And when the prodigal son shall return,
It is he who has learned the ways of the world,
Therefor he is rightful to sit on his fathers throne
Glory, glory, man United.

it was from exodus I believe?

More like;

I will bring you into the land which I swore to give to Bruno, Onana, and Rashy. I will give it to you as your own possession — I, the ETH!

Yorke to Cole

I don't know if it's feasible but imo we should recall him back in Jan. We desperately need someone who can create and score right now.

And imo it's better to recall him in Jan than do it in the summer if we decide to keep him. First we're crap atm and fecking need goals so some might consider this as a desperate move. Second there's already a lot of noise against us so some more doesn't hurt. And the season has been pretty much fecked over and will be completely if we don't have a good goalscorer for the rest. You can't be killed if you're already dead. Then doing this in the summer would bring too much negative noise and might damage our new season.

Call him back in Jan, give him half a season. If he's no good just sell him in the summer and let that be the end of all this.
I do not like to keep posting the separate issues in this discussion but everyone else is starting to do it. I think they pinned the other discussion somewhere and maybe posters can't see it.

I will try to make this performance related.

Let's imagine a scenario where he could come back as you say January. (Unlikely).

His output from the right side would be far superior to that of what we have currently. The player we there playing has had approx 90 shots at goal without scoring. He has not not scored since March. He has not assisted this entire season.

His cost of £75-80 million is another stick to beat Ten Hag with as he has not other options there and is unable to change it. It is creating a huge amount of pressure on him. Rashford hates playing from the right side.

Greenwood has around 2 assists and 2 la liga goals. We know he can cross a ball. He has assisted by taking corners this season.

The output is not extraordinary but he playing for a small team.

I am so curious to know what would the players reaction be if he was to return. I suggest this from a playing point of view. Surely Rashford and Fernandes would think "thank God you are back and we do not have to play there." It would surely bring a sense of relief in terms of playing.

If the club found him not guilty of committing the issues of which he was accused, then they should have brought him back. Regardless of what is said in the public.

I recall a post on this thread after Greenwood scoring his first goal in which he side footed it into the roof of the net. It said something along the lines of "people getting excited because he scored one goal."

After our output across the entire front line let alone the right side, that post is not ageing very well.

Going out of the Champions League last night has cost us £28 million. Which areas aside from the men's transfer budget is that going to affect?

I would suggest the women's team in particular. Also employers are also not having contracts renewed as well and long term staff are concerned with uncertainty with this takeover or investment doubt.

If you concerned with alienating both men and women, it is the financials and poor displays leading to poor moral that will do that for sure.

Do the math!

Going back to performance related topics, I have said he will likely only improve, provided he stays fit, especially there is a winter break after the 19th December. Greenwood's conditioning will get stronger.

cafecillos

His stats, according to Transfermarkt, are 4 goals and 3 assists in 13 matches (900 minutes). If you take away the 2 goals in 60 minutes he scored against the worst opposition he most likely has or will ever play against (Tardienta) in a 0-12 win, you get 2 goals and 3 assists in 12 La Liga matches (840 minutes; 1 goal every 420 minutes -that's roughly 1 goal every 4 and a half matches- and 1 goal contribution every 168 minutes). He hasn't played against any of the teams currently in the top 4 in the competition.

Last edited:

Bale Bale Bale

Supports
Spurs
He was worth over 100 million quid pre-suspension.

You think he will be available for nothing?
What he was worth pre-suspension means nothing. Without the Getafe loan you wouldn't have gotten anything for him, now you might.

r0663664

Worships Man City
Greenwood should be brought back as he can solve alot of our problems. I think having out of football for so long, he has score more than our current front line and can play on the right. He was not found guilty for whatever reason, mean he is not guilty.

ROFLUTION

His stats, according to Transfermarkt, are 4 goals and 3 assists in 13 matches (900 minutes). If you take away the 2 goals in 60 minutes he scored against the worst opposition he most likely has or will ever play against (Tardienta) in a 0-12 win, you get 2 goals and 3 assists in 12 La Liga matches (840 minutes; 1 goal every 420 minutes -that's roughly1 goal every 4 and a half matches- and 1 goal contribution every 168 minutes). He hasn't played against any of the teams currently in the top 4 in the competition.
Nice bit of context. Still early days with him coming back to "normal" (If he'll ever get there).

Yorke to Cole

We were desperate to offload him to anyone at the time so we agreed to a sweetener for Getafe to take him
There is speculation that Barcelona, Munich and Dortmund are looking at him from Graeme Bailey.

I do not know his credibility as journalist on such issues?

If true, then our decision or incompetence leading to a U Turn is absurd.

Leftback99

There is speculation that Barcelona, Munich and Dortmund are looking at him from Graeme Bailey.

I do not know his credibility as journalist on such issues?

If true, then our decision or incompetence leading to a U Turn is absurd.
Zero

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Christ you lot will believe anything as long as it’s negative

Yorke to Cole

Alex Crook reckoned we were buying Gakpo this time last year.

There will be clubs interested. Let's hope so anyway.
Well we know Ten Hag wanted him. He will probably score a hat trick against us on Sunday.

If he goes to any of those clubs mentioned that will be a farce. He should come back. His performances for Getafe have outshone any of our frontline.

goalscholes

A 100m+ talent for a huge discount. All sensible football clubs will be interested.

We have no leadership, which is why we give up our biggest talent / top transfer targets for the loudest few.

Arnautovic and Greenwood would improve our squad immeasurably.

statpadder

Sure, he’s exactly what we need. Another individualistic player incapable of passing the ball and will make our attack even more dysfunctional. (If that was even possible)

I swear I haven’t seen a more deluded fanbase that is so out of touch with modern football. We’re still obsessed with “beating your man” and “shooting from distance”

Football is a team game guys ffs

Reactions: golden_blunder

Leftback99

Well we know Ten Hag wanted him. He will probably score a hat trick against us on Sunday.

If he goes to any of those clubs mentioned that will be a farce. He should come back. His performances for Getafe have outshone any of our frontline.
No thanks. He's not even doing anything special.

Yorke to Cole

A 100m+ talent for a huge discount. All sensible football clubs will be interested.

We have no leadership, which is why we give up our biggest talent / top transfer targets for the loudest few.

Romano states that Ratcliffe and Blanc will be overhaul this way of thinking. As they would with signing older players with huge salaries.

RVN1991

Bring on Joey Barton to replace Ten Hag and guaranteed treble.

MrBest

I still have very small hopes he will play for us again. You can't deny the player, I believe in second chances.

The deal talked about sounds horrific.

Strelok

If this is true think he'll end up at Barca. Raphinha isn't doing well there and Lewan is 35. Might be a real bargain for them imo.

Imo we should swap him and Raphinha. I don't watch Raphinha lately but he was doing pretty well at Leeds back then.

DiMaria

If this is true think he'll end up at Barca. Raphinha isn't doing well there and Lewan is 35. Might be a real bargain for them imo.

Imo we should swap him and Raphinha. I don't watch Raphinha lately but he was doing pretty well at Leeds back then.
I do. Problem is he’s not consistent. Some moments he looks like one of the best in the world. Other moments he totally disappears and looks very average. Playing for big clubs is different than playing for Leeds. Not all players have the right mentality for it. So I feel like with us he might turn into a slightly better version of Antony. We need a player like Greenwood a lot more imo. Not only is he mentally built for it but we desperately need that consistent goal scoring threat from that position. But I understand he might not be a realistic option because the club is afraid of the backlash.

MiceOnMeth

So all Europe's big clubs will take him. But we won't because.. morals? Are we the only moral club left in the world? :lol:

Yagami

Good post resistant
Losing him is going to be bad enough. Losing him and replacing him with Raphinha, though? That'd be adding insult to injury.

redNATION

He’s a world class talent, levels above Antony and Garnacho, no surprise leading clubs are interested. He’d make the first 11 of any team in the league except maybe City. Would rather give him a second chance than lose him for nothing or in exchange for a worse player.

Status
Not open for further replies.