Mason Greenwood - Getafe loan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri

Technically still a United player as far as I can tell, so in the United forum.

Last edited:

Revan

Assumptionman
Hope he does well so some club gives us a decent amount of money to sign him next season.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Where did Getafe came from?!
Getafe is a city located in the southern part of the Community of Madrid in Spain. It has a long history dating back to ancient times. The name "Getafe" is believed to have originated from the Arabic word "Jata" and the Latin word "Ceta," which means "riverbank." This name reflects its location near the Manzanares River.

Thiagoal

Hope he can turn his life around, learn from his mistakes and grow as a person in Spain. Seems a good move for him- Getafe are a team on the up

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Getafe is a city located in the southern part of the Community of Madrid in Spain. It has a long history dating back to ancient times. The name "Getafe" is believed to have originated from the Arabic word "Jata" and the Latin word "Ceta," which means "riverbank." This name reflects its location near the Manzanares River.
My guy

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
History thanks you.

Denis79

:lol:

dalriada

Given all the current controversy surrounding the Spanish Women's World Cup team and Rubiales, and the image of Spanish football, this really would take the biscuit.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Good luck to him and his family in Spain. Hope he does well so we get a decent fee next summer.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Actually confirmed by either club?

Cloud7

Whipping this out as my own fun fact some time

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Getafe of all teams… so can we still get a fee for him next season? Depending on how well he does will depend on how much we get?

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri

May have jumped the gun, but it's being reported by various outlets.

I'm going to wander through the Getafe Twitter profile and see the reaction...

ArjenIsM3

Getafe of all teams… so can we still get a fee for him next season? Depending on how well he does will depend on how much we get?
Theoretically yes since he has a contract with us untill 2025 with option for a further year but it depends on the terms of this deal. If there even is a deal.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
I'm going to wander through the Getafe Twitter profile and see the reaction...
The outrage will probably be tempered somewhat by the fact that Getafe don't actually have any fans.

TheReligion

Abusive
Reading the United statement again;

“All those involved, including Mason, recognise the difficulties with him recommencing his career at Manchester United. It has therefore been mutually agreed that it would be most appropriate for him to do so away from Old Trafford, and we will now work with Mason to achieve that outcome.”

If he goes on loan then there’s plenty of wriggle room here isn’t there? He’s recommenced his career elsewhere but could he actually return in the future?

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
The outrage will probably be tempered somewhat by the fact that Getafe don't actually have any fans.
The only criticism I've noticed so far has been by an account that labels itself as a social justice account and they comment in English. The Spanish replies have been positive, so far. They've got 165K followers, let's see if there's a negative impact.

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
Reading the United statement again;

“All those involved, including Mason, recognise the difficulties with him recommencing his career at Manchester United. It has therefore been mutually agreed that it would be most appropriate for him to do so away from Old Trafford, and we will now work with Mason to achieve that outcome.”

If he goes on loan then there’s plenty of wriggle room here isn’t there? He’s recommended his career elsewhere but could he actually return in the future?
I think it would be career suicide by Murtough to try to reopen this issue in 9 or 10 months.

TheReligion

Abusive
I think it would be career suicide by Murtough to try to reopen this issue in 9 or 10 months.
The club will likely have new owners at that point and Arnold may not be in a job (Arnolds decision not Murtough by all accounts)

The Glazers have also passed the book on this a bit too when you think about it.

I get the feeling the door isn’t fully closed.

PSV

Hope he does well there and that we'll at least revisit the discussion come next summer.

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
People have short memories
A lot don’t. And the press won’t ignore a story. And the supporters groups who spoke out won’t just accept it. I just can’t see Utd deliberately bringing even more bad press down on themselves given the clusterfcuk that the last month has been.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Why did we leave it so late with Lazio? Hopefully the Getafe loan goes through and he does well there.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
The club will likely have new owners at that point and Arnold may not be in a job (Arnolds decision not Murtough by all accounts)

The Glazers have also passed the book on this a bit too when you think about it.

I get the feeling the door isn’t fully closed.
Hell come back if he plays well. Getting over the awkward recommencing is the hardest part IMO.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
A profile on José Bordalás, Getafe manager. Likes to play 442 with mid/low block, counter attacking football, low possession (albeit, he's working with underdog teams).

Status
Not open for further replies.