Mason Greenwood | Please be respectful and stay on topic

Black Adder

Rarer than an eclipse.
I see that moral police is out there working their magic.

If his alleged victim got over alleged abuse so can every precious poster here acting hollier than thou against those who, imagine the horror, wished Greenwood would find his way again.

When the story first broke, I wished him all the worst, jumping on the bandwagon of people gunning for his head. But, since he was never find quilty in the eyes of law and his alleged victim started family with him who are we to judge him and act as some moraly superior beings without knowing full extent of the story.

Let him concentrate on football, reintegrate him as functioning member of society and leave him to learn how to be good dad and husband.

Hopefully he'll manage to get his football career back on track, wouldn't have anything against him playing for United again.

SteveCoppellFan

Honestly don't get why people get so outraged about something they have literally no influence on at all.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
I was at the match. He won the corner that Getafe scored the winner from. All the kids calling his name while he was warming up, and some had signs asking for his jersey. Ultras behind the goal chanting: “mason greenwood” multiple times as well. And lots of fans in the stadium were wearing his jersey already (makes me believe that weekly record jersey sales report). All in all though a good start for him, and much sooner than I thought would happen. Now he gets to focus on football and build up his match fitness. I think he will do very well in la liga if he avoids injury.
Could easily see him snapped up by Real or Barca if Utd are too stupid to bring him back.

Don’t think Amad posting about it is a big deal. These were young players at the club - and likely good friends. Add to the fact Amad is seemingly very religious - I can see why he’d wish/want a friend to get their life together and get/be on a better path. Not everyone that was in Greenwood’s life is going to shun him forever, and that’s OK.

I hope people aren’t unhinged enough to start holding it against Amad.
The whole situation is just ridiculous - these are his friends, obviously they want him to do well, most of them probably want him back playing with them.

Why on Earth shouldn’t they support him playing if that’s how they feel? Should they not do it because what seems to be a minority of fans on social media will start screeching at them?

Yorke to Cole

Wouldn't put it past you to cheer Rolf Harris if he was our manager tbh.
This is ignorance and insulting to the person you have responded to. The aforementioned person you mentioned is dead. Secondly, he was is a convicted of pedophilia, making indecent images of children and groping young women.

cafecillos

Please, can we just do something about the hundreds of messages using the argument "she took him back, so shut the feck up". It's so fecking ignorant of the extremely serious societal issue of domestic abuse/violence.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Please, can we just do something about the hundreds of messages using the argument "she took him back, so shut the feck up". It's so fecking ignorant of the extremely serious societal issue of domestic abuse/violence.
As are the endless posts completely discounting the CPS citing ‘new material’ leading them to drop all charges - despite the fact the supposed ‘factual evidence’ of his guilt exists in photos and audio.

Her taking him back shouldn’t ever be used as proof he’s innocent - but it’s equally idiotic for people to decide that they know better than the fecking CPS, who decided to drop a very high profile case which seemed to hold evidence outside of a witness statement.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Indeed.

As per domestic violence charities, it takes victims an average of seven attempts to break away from their abuser for good. By the rationale of some posters, that's six times the average abuser gets "forgiven" and everyone should leave them be.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Yeah it might be the sensible approach - having two separate threads for MG. One restricted purely to his football/loan spell at Getafe. Might be a good time to unlock that player performance thread.
I like this idea, but I get the feeling we'd still end up with people coming in and derailing the discussion no matter what.

NotQuiteManc

He looked quick and of course, fresh compared to the others but the talent is still there.

I just wonder what happened to United players yesterday? Looked sluggish, heavy footed, compared to Brighton. Lack of fitness? Too much training? I hope EtH knows what he is doing.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Or here's an idea... why not just stick to his football discussions? Any other topics related to Greenwood have been discussed and dissected beyond imagination. Its frankly tedious and boring at this point. If people want to revisit those issues, just re-read the previous 140 pages to their heart's content.

He has just started a new phase of his career at Getafe. Let's stick to that. Football.

cafecillos

As are the endless posts completely discounting the CPS citing ‘new material’ leading them to drop all charges - despite the fact the supposed ‘factual evidence’ of his guilt exists in photos and audio.

Her taking him back shouldn’t ever be used as proof he’s innocent - but it’s equally idiotic for people to decide that they know better than the fecking CPS, who decided to drop a very high profile case which seemed to hold evidence outside of a witness statement.
Nah, not even close. What most people, including me, have been saying is: yes, the evidence wasn't enough for a conviction, but what we have seen, read and listened to is more than enough for many of us to despise the guy, until a thorough explanation for that awful behaviour and/or a genuine and equally thorough apology is made. We can't send the guy to prison so we can think whatever we want based on the very graphic material that's out there.

Acquire Me

If he continues like he did in this match and also score and assist some goals, he will be back next season.

Red00012

You received a warning for this? State of this forum cheering him on.
No one asked you to come on here and post. It’s a thread for Greenwood and how he performs at Getafe.
His girlfriend has now a child with him, is she a state as well ? People make mistakes and everyone is allowed a 2nd chance.
hopefully he’s back scoring the goals for us next season. And you’ll be the same fella celebrating a Greenwood winner in the last minute v Liverpool next season :lol:

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
No one asked you to come on here and post. It’s a thread for Greenwood and how he performs at Getafe.
His girlfriend has now a child with him, is she a state as well ? People make mistakes and everyone is allowed a 2nd chance.
hopefully he’s back scoring the goals for us next season. And you’ll be the same fella celebrating a Greenwood winner in the last minute v Liverpool next season :lol:
No, it isn't. It's a thread about Greenwood and his departure from Old Trafford. Not a performance thread.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
It's a thread for Greenwood generally. If you really want a safe space just for discussing how he does at football, presumably there's a Getafe forum somewhere and they apparently don't care whether he threatened to rape and beat up his girlfriend.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Its time for the mods to open up the performance thread. And let this thread be whatever it wants to be ie non-footballing discussions.

Shake Jism

He did not get a warm welcome in Spain, today, with opposition fans suggesting he might care to pass away.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
He is better than all our right wing option
I mean if we’re being honest we don’t have anyone as talented as him in the squad. Martial is the only comparable player in terms of raw natural ability. Sancho is a fine taken too but Greenwood was one notch better as a talent.

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
There are some people here who have some mental issues. They are just projecting their personal anger onto characters they have never met nor ever will.
I can't tell if you are deliberately misunderstanding people's anger towards Greenwood. I don't want him to injure himself, but I'm not so tone-deaf as to misinterpret others' negative feelings towards him in the way you have. It's extraordinarily simple to understand, even if you personally disagree with the sentiment.

flameinthesun

Open up a performance thread. Those who want to continue discussing how United, Getafe, Getafe fans, Amad and United fans are abhorrent for following his performances can stay here and those that actually want to follow his loan at Getafe can do so in a performance thread.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
No because he just is. Did more in the time he came on then the likes of Rashford/Antony/Martial. Etc
I’m calling bullshit on that. He wasn’t much better than any of them when he was still at United and you’re trying to tell me he’s left them behind after 18 months out of the game? Good one.

Didn’t watch the game but match report has down as one blocked shot and one free kick won. And that’s it. World class cameo, eh?

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
No it's not, yet another example that shows your lack of awareness - not even going to get started on the car crash of text that follows.

You'll have more joy posting on Getafecafe.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Funny how people are bending over backwards to shit on our players for a 20 minute cameo against fecking Osasuna. Get a grip.

sizzling sausages

Thinks TBP is a soft tagline whore
Scout
Funny how people are bending over backwards to shit on our players for a 20 minute cameo against fecking Osasuna. Get a grip.
Happy to shit on our current players to praise a scumbag. It's genuinely mind boggling.

Overhaul FC

Good impact on the game when tied 2.2

Good touches and movement. Tested the Osasuna defence. Ball magnet.

January break clause....

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
I’m calling bullshit on that. He wasn’t much better than any of them when he was still at United and you’re trying to tell me he’s left them behind after 18 months out of the game? Good one.

Didn’t watch the game but match report has down as one blocked shot and one free kick won. And that’s it. World class cameo, eh?
Who said it was a world class cameo? :lol: I didn’t… he didn’t leave better than anyone? He was better than Martial. And have you ever heard of players regressing? Ours have. Rashford looks awful, Martials been terrible for the last few years, we’ve got a 73m man who’s been sent away due to attitude problems. Mark my words I guarantee Greenwood will do a lot better this season in a poor Getafe team then some of our lads. Let alone he’s been out of football for 2 years and still looked fitter.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
That might means something if we didn't know how domestic violence works. Unfortunately most of us do.
They know, it just helps with their cognitive dissonance to repeat the same weak arguments ad nauseam

Giggsy13

Mason has moved on, the club has moved yet many here are still clearly bitter and spiteful of him wishing ill will and harm, which in my view is simply a reflection of the person expressing that opinion.

If a substitute appearance elicits this type of negative reaction, I can’t imagine what the reaction will be when a chancer in the media like Crafton, inevitably writes the Mason redemption arc piece if/when he does well, and uses it as another stick to beat the club with.

Yorke to Cole

Mason has moved on, the club has moved yet many here are still clearly bitter and spiteful of him wishing ill will and harm, which in my view is simply a reflection of the person expressing that opinion.

If a substitute appearance elicits this type of negative reaction, I can’t imagine what the reaction will be when a chancer in the media like Crafton, inevitably writes the Mason redemption arc piece if/when he does well, and uses it as another stick to beat the club with.
Crafton by name, Crafty by nature.

Is there any chance he comes back next year.

Mercurial

Not sure club has moved on, I wouldn't be surprised he comes back down the line. Moving on would have been releasing his contract. Pretty sure they hope people will forget/forgive and have him back or he does great and sell for a high profit. CPS let him off due to new evidence and dropped old ones, club said he is not guilty. Waters are being tested, that's what I think.