Mason Greenwood | Please be respectful and stay on topic

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
He wasn't offering his opinion on Greenwood. He was questioning why we were talking about him. In a thread dedicated to his loan at Getafe.
The thread isn't dedicated to his loan.

He has not been found guilty of anything. The case, however, has been undermined by social media and the court of public opinion, journalists and TV presnters.

You, if anything is just exacerbating more conflict on this discussion. For a supposed "member of staff" that is a transgression of your role on this forum.
Wasn't found not guilty either. People don't have to be found guilty of something to be a scumbag.

Someone

Something
Don’t think Amad posting about him on IG is too wise a move. Can’t imagine the club being thrilled about that.
On the contrary. Any support Greenwood gets could soften the public stance on him, which opens the door for a return next season.

Biggins

Wasn't found not guilty either. People don't have to be found guilty of something to be a scumbag.
Difficult to be found not guilty without court proceedings so not clear how can anyone use this as any argument.

Yagami

Good post resistant

Well, it's dedicated to him, so, if he didn't want to see us discussing him, why enter the thread? This site allows you to ignore threads.

Maybe it's best to make a separate thread, then. One purely for his performances at Getafe.

Idxomer

It is a discussion forum with a range of opinions, yeah. Maybe the mods should open a thread specifically to discuss his football performances while on loan at Getafe (assuming it’s not this one)? Otherwise every few posts might be littered with the same “domestic abuser, how can you care about him” type comments which doesn’t really add much discussion about how he’s fairing on loan. Just a thought.
That's common sense but it has gone out the window here when talking about Greenwood.

He has a thread for his performances that has been locked.

cafecillos

I don't necessarily agree with injury wishes and stuff like that, but some of the praise in this thread is so blatantly over the top that it's hard to believe they are just praising what's happening on the pitch.

RuudTom83

As this is a football forum I'm going to comment on his football.

His close control was very good today, you can see he still has the natural gift...will be interesting to see him in a few weeks when he is back to full fitness.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
On the contrary. Any support Greenwood gets could soften the public stance on him, which opens the door for a return next season.
Given Antony and Sancho both being a bit mediocre and having their own off the pitch issues, it's pretty likely that Greenwood will just come back if he shows he's actually a good player. So yeah any public support will help.

Though a front 3 of Rashford, hojlund and Greenwood doesn't work. Would work better with Garnacho in for Rashford, or a playmaker/classic winger type in for Greenwood. Can't have a selfish pair on the wings who all look to shoot rather than pass.

pascell

Well done Greenwood - takes a lot of guts to face trial by social media. Guilty til proven innocent in todays Facebook inspired society.
Keep your head up - a season from now UTD will be begging you to play for them. Club wanted him back but the brand said no.
The accounts and brand said yes, the club said no, you know, those people that actually have morals and a backbone.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
This forum praises the horrific regime Abu Dhabi FC’s 115 charges toy on a regular basis (their owners, how “well run” they are, their manager, their players, their investment, etc.), but somehow some have an issue with Greenwood being discussed here.
Good that he is finally back playing and I want what is best for the club. Which would be that he does well so we either sell him for good money or bring him back.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Made his debut sooner than I thought with so much time out.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Given Antony and Sancho both being a bit mediocre and having their own off the pitch issues, it's pretty likely that Greenwood will just come back if he shows he's actually a good player. So yeah any public support will help.

Though a front 3 of Rashford, hojlund and Greenwood doesn't work. Would work better with Garnacho in for Rashford, or a playmaker/classic winger type in for Greenwood. Can't have a selfish pair on the wings who all look to shoot rather than pass.
If Greenwood wants a career at the top level as a wide forward he will need to improve his playmaking and/or dribbling.

I think this loan provides him with a low-pressure environment to work on those skills, as opposed to the high profile dumpster fire Old Trafford is right now. If he finishes his loan tenure more well rounded, more eager to find the right pass... Then whether we decide to keep or sell, we'll be in a great position

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Text Speak
Wouldn't put it past you to cheer Rolf Harris if he was our manager tbh.
this is what the problem is with social media, u pretend to know the facts, Ul happily get the pitchforks out, Ud probably fling what was a teenager to the lions and then ask questions later. U know sweet feck all mate you trust A British media who actively makes soldiers look like scum, a media that hacks victims phone accounts for stories, u listen to media who actively support political sides. If tour not intelligent enough to actually have a debate. Don’t try. If Greenwood was guilty absolutely punish him, he’s with the girl now with a kid. I find people like u laughable.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
That's common sense but it has gone out the window here when talking about Greenwood.

He has a thread for his performances that has been locked.
Yeah it might be the sensible approach - having two separate threads for MG. One restricted purely to his football/loan spell at Getafe. Might be a good time to unlock that player performance thread.

DiMaria

I was at the match. He won the corner that Getafe scored the winner from. All the kids calling his name while he was warming up, and some had signs asking for his jersey. Ultras behind the goal chanting: “mason greenwood” multiple times as well. And lots of fans in the stadium were wearing his jersey already (makes me believe that weekly record jersey sales report). All in all though a good start for him, and much sooner than I thought would happen. Now he gets to focus on football and build up his match fitness. I think he will do very well in la liga if he avoids injury.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
this is what the problem is with social media, u pretend to know the facts, Ul happily get the pitchforks out, Ud probably fling what was a teenager to the lions and then ask questions later. U know sweet feck all mate you trust A British media who actively makes soldiers look like scum, a media that hacks victims phone accounts for stories, u listen to media who actively support political sides. If tour not intelligent enough to actually have a debate. Don’t try. If Greenwood was guilty absolutely punish him, he’s with the girl now with a kid. I find people like u laughable.
Is your 'y' key broken?

mu4c_20le

Absolutely thrilled to see him back playing competitive football. Even if its not for us. I'm sure he's been through the ringer the last while and has paid a price for his unacceptable behaviour so hopefully he's learned from it and will be a better husband and father from it. From a footballing point of view however it was a pleasure to see him play so I'm genuinely happy for him that he's got such an warm welcome from Getafe and such a good start too considering his absence. What a player
Find it amusing that some thought he would never play again. Like you said, even if its not with us, he'll still have a successful career.

sepulturite

Are you drunk?

UTAretro

Supports
Brighton
Out of interest, ignoring your deflection and strawman arguments about soldiers(?!) and whatnot, have you seen the pictures, the videos, and heard the audio recordings?

Their authenticity isn’t in dispute from any party involved.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Yeah it might be the sensible approach - having two separate threads for MG. One restricted purely to his football/loan spell at Getafe. Might be a good time to unlock that player performance thread.
Agreed.... ideologies clashing makes up the majority of this thread and really I just want to get updates now and then...

Yagami

Good post resistant
I was at the match. He won the corner that Getafe scored the winner from. All the kids calling his name while he was warming up, and some had signs asking for his jersey. Ultras behind the goal chanting: “mason greenwood” multiple times as well. And lots of fans in the stadium were wearing his jersey already (makes me believe that weekly record jersey sales report). All in all though a good start for him, and much sooner than I thought would happen. Now he gets to focus on football and build up his match fitness. I think he will do very well in la liga if he avoids injury.
Great to hear!

Build his fitness back up, put in some top performances, potentially bag 10+ goals and it will be a fantastic loan. Can't wait to see him against Barca and Madrid.

Physiocrat

Has No Mates
It is a discussion forum with a range of opinions, yeah. Maybe the mods should open a thread specifically to discuss his football performances while on loan at Getafe (assuming it’s not this one)? Otherwise every few posts might be littered with the same “domestic abuser, how can you care about him” type comments which doesn’t really add much discussion about how he’s fairing on loan. Just a thought.
Yes, mods please make this happen. I just want to know how he is performing.

Yorke to Cole

No but the GMP did investigate for a further 10 months, charged him then dropped the charges. Club conducted an internal investigation and found he did not commit the offences he was charged for. In short, he did face a legal process.

I hope you hold everyone to account that walks this planet.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
If the people that want him back think this is an unfair reaction after him playing in a Getafe match, I'm not sure what they're expecting if he really did play for us again.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
No but the GMP did investigate for a further 10 months, charged him then dropped the charges. Club conducted an internal investigation and found he did not commit the offences he was charged for. In short, he did face a legal process.

I hope you hold everyone to account that walks this planet.
Good for them. I've seen the photos, videos and audio and none of that has been denied as being Greenwood. So, as I said, scumbag.

Doracle

Out of interest, ignoring your deflection and strawman arguments about soldiers(?!) and whatnot, have you seen the pictures, the videos, and heard the audio recordings?

Their authenticity isn’t in dispute from any party involved.
I suspect the authenticity of the pictures is very much in dispute. There is no way that the club could say he wasn’t guilty if they weren’t.

Ahmer Baig

The guy hasnt played for one and half years and still better than more than half of Man Utd players who have been playing regularly.

VWW

Yep, they need to do this.

Both parties get to voice what they want without the fireworks.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Right, so this is what it's like debating with a Greenwood apologist? This post was almost as bad as reading a Simon Stone tweet.

TsuWave

Don’t think Amad posting about it is a big deal. These were young players at the club - and likely good friends. Add to the fact Amad is seemingly very religious - I can see why he’d wish/want a friend to get their life together and get/be on a better path. Not everyone that was in Greenwood’s life is going to shun him forever, and that’s OK.

I hope people aren’t unhinged enough to start holding it against Amad.

city-puma

A positive environment is the best for him and his family to restart his career and their life. I don’t know if he will become a better version of him in the rest of his life. At the moment, I hope people give him encourages to try. It’s obvious that reviving his career a critical part for his family to return to a normal life in society. Apparently there are many people won’t forgive him now. He has to use time to change their opinions. It’s up to him.

Frank White

The guy hasnt played for one and half years and still better than more than half of Man Utd players who have been playing regularly.
To be fair he's playing against Osasuna doubt as a whole the entire thread could name 5 players between us. Will be interesting to see what he can do against a Madrid, Barca etc....