Mason Greenwood | Please be respectful and stay on topic

cafecillos

Yep, it truly is a disgrace, a human rights tragedy really, that posters who just want to wank over a throw in by Mason Greenwood need to read a few posts about domestic violence. Not sure what kind of performance posts were they expecting to read 3 days after the last match and a week before the next one though.

Belisarius

Yep, it truly is a disgrace, a human rights tragedy really, that posters who just want to wank over a throw in by Mason Greenwood need to read a few posts about domestic violence. Not sure what kind of performance posts were they expecting to read 3 days after the last match and a week before the next one though.
Maybe that he doesn't play again for a week. But yeah, your posts are really must reads.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
There are plenty of places on the internet where you guys can go and hide in your little bubble and bang on about how Greenwood should be back (which is how the thread on here went, and you guys wonder why it was closed) and ignore the realities of the world to your hearts content.

Continue to slag off the mods/admin on here that are unpaid (if you don't count Niall's *ahem* favours) and I'm sure you'll find that a more forced option. Or at least have the guts to tag them so they can see your conspiracy claims.

Or we can rein it in people. There's been enough bannings over this already.

Belisarius

There are plenty of places on the internet where you guys can go and hide in your little bubble and bang on about how Greenwood should be back (which is how the thread on here went, and you guys wonder why it was closed) and ignore the realities of the world to your hearts content.

Continue to slag off the mods/admin on here that are unpaid (if you don't count Niall's *ahem* favours) and I'm sure you'll find that a more forced option. Or at least have the guts to tag them so they can see your conspiracy claims.

Or we can rein it in people. There's been enough bannings over this already.
On a little bit of a power trip aren't you. Didn't know you were a mod.

But, if the mods make terrible decisions then it is not unreasonable to expect that they will get some criticism for them.

Redlambs

On a little bit of a power trip aren't you. Didn't know you were a mod.
You need to seriously grow up :lol:

I'm not a mod at all, I just think this isn't a subject worth a ban over. I'd rather people kept cool heads and added to the debate is all. But if you want to push it and keep acting like some kind of mouthpiece then by all means go ahead.

But, if the mods make terrible decisions then it is not unreasonable to expect that they will get some criticism for them.
Well tag them and do it then.

But making the same shite claims over and over isn't exactly productive criticism is it?

Belisarius

You need to seriously grow up :lol:

I'm not a mod at all, I just think this isn't a subject worth a ban over. I'd rather people kept cool heads and added to the debate is all. But if you want to push it and keep acting like some kind of mouthpiece then by all means go ahead.

Well tag them and do it then.

But making the same shite claims over and over isn't exactly productive criticism is it?
What claims did I make other than it was a horrible decision to merge the threads? Then I asked if there could be a targeted ignore so I could put you on ignore in this thread while still viewing your pearls of wisdom elsewhere...

Dorris

The staff in this thread are really poor. Looks like they’ve got a case of the Michael Oliver’s.

Redlambs

What claims did I make other than it was a horrible decision to merge the threads? Then I asked if there could be a targeted ignore so I could put you on ignore in this thread while still viewing your pearls of wisdom elsewhere...
I never said you made those claims. And by all means use the ignore function. If you want your little echo chamber, it's the best thing for you. I don't see what's wrong with wanting people to relax with the bullshit claims that are going to get them in trouble for your own sakes. But again, do what you must.

Honestly, why are the "Greenwood in" guys the most angry and combative people in here?

luke511

I never said you made those claims. And by all means use the ignore function. If you want your little echo chamber, it's the best thing for you. I don't see what's wrong with wanting people to relax with the bullshit claims that are going to get them in trouble for your own sakes. But again, do what you must.

Honestly, why are the "Greenwood in" guys the most angry and combative people in here?
Your comment count indicates you’re as combative as anyone on the topic really. More than double anyone else, that’s a lot of time spent debating/arguing about Mason Greenwood.

Redlambs

Your comment count indicates you’re as combative as anyone on the topic really. More than double anyone else, that’s a lot of time spent debating/arguing about Mason Greenwood.
Post count does not equal combative.

Not that I haven't been at times of course, but then I've also not been banned or said the worst things in this thread. So in reality, doesn't that say much more?

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
Christ almighty, want some sauce for that chip?

Whilst I personally don't agree with the merge myself, if the guys who wanted that thread opened help report the many posts going off topic the whole time in the bubble then maybe it would be different.

You'd think half these posters were scousers the way they see themselves as victimised :lol:
You're enjoying this thread, aren't you?

redcucumber

I can see why it might be easy to get stuck in a loop arguing the toss (ie which side of the debate contains the larger contingent of arseholes), but if you're at that point it's probably best just to step away for a bit. It's not particularly productive. Definitely can't be great for yer sanity.

Redlambs

You're enjoying this thread, aren't you?
Actually I find it all sad. The whole situation. Which I've detailed why earlier in the thread and in the original one merged with this.

But it's interesting that you and these guys that are "OMG ATTACKING ME!" comment more on the fact I don't want people banned, than what that newbie said on the last page. Maybe you should all think about why none of you have called that one out. Have a long hard think.

I can see why it might be easy to get stuck in a loop arguing the toss (ie which side of the debate contains the larger contingent of arseholes), but if you're at that point it's probably best just to step away for a bit. It's not particularly productive. Definitely can't be great for yer sanity.
Absolutely fair post. You are right mate.

And I do mean about myself there, I'm not being sarcastic :lol:

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
Actually I find it all sad. The whole situation. Which I've detailed why earlier in the thread and in the original one merged with this.

But it's interesting that you and these guys that are "OMG ATTACKING ME!" comment more on the fact I don't want people banned, than what that newbie said on the last page. Maybe you should all think about why none of you have called that one out. Have a long hard think.
I have no idea what you‘re talking about in the rest of your post, but I can agree the giddiness you‘re displaying is quite sad.

Pes6Monster

Then those of us who just want to get information on how his loan at Getafe is going don't have to read all the repetitious drivel over and over but also don't have to ignore people who may have something interesting to say in other threads.
Allowing a Getafe only thread, flush with 'how good is Mason?!' posts is tantamount to an endorsement.

The editorial is correct not to allow this and to merge the topic to where his crimes are not forgotten and discussed vigorously.

I do think the thread has run its course and ought to be removed, but under no circumstances should a 'Getafe Only' thread be allowed.

Yorke to Cole

Allowing a Getafe only thread, flush with 'how good is Mason?!' posts is tantamount to an endorsement.

The editorial is correct not to allow this and to merge the topic to where his crimes are not forgotten and discussed vigorously.

I do think the thread has run its course and ought to be removed, but under no circumstances should a 'Getafe Only' thread be allowed.
Disagree.

I think people have the right to discuss either issue free from interference. It was sabotaged by certain people who did not want to follow his progress and held a certain opinion of him.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Disagree.

I think people have the right to discuss either issue free from interference. It was sabotaged by certain people who did not want to follow his progress and held a certain opinion of him.
So you think that a discussion on Mason Greenwood, on a United discussion board, should be free from interference, unless someone has a view you don't agree with, in which case we should interfere to prevent the bits of the discussion that you don't like? Right.

Yorke to Cole

So you think that a discussion on Mason Greenwood, on a United discussion board, should be free from interference, unless someone has a view you don't agree with, in which case we should interfere to prevent the bits of the discussion that you don't like? Right.
No. I was intrigued to see how he was getting given he was out for x amount of months in relation to performance on the field. There was many posts after the Sevilla match 16th December that sidetracked that discussion in my opinion.

The title was Mason Greenwood.2023/24 performance only.

That discussion was created by someone who works for this forum, for a reason.

Anyway, It is not my home, it's yours. You win. Your house, your rules. You do what like.

Last edited:

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
No. I was intrigued to see how he was getting given he was out for x amount of months in relation to performance on the field. There was many posts after the Sevilla match 16th December that sidetracked that discussion in my opinion.

The title was Mason Greenwood.2023/24 performance only.

That discussion was created by someone who works for this forum, for a reason.

Anyway, It is not my home, it's yours. You win. Your house, your rules. You do what like.
Not my home. It is Niall's and we don't do what we like when moderating. We never have.

And the person who created the performance thread for a reason also then closed it for a reason when the original aim failed.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Closing the Performance Thread has undoubtedly made this thread more of a mess, very weird to be discussing serious legal subjects one minute then suddenly turn into a matchday thread and BTW there are many fans who dont necessarily want Greenwood back but are still interested to track how he is performing on loan

Things arent so black and white, so pigeon holing people as Greenwood In/Out or whatever other labels is unnecessarily divisive in my opinion

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
On the more important point of what variation of 'feck' Greenwood said to get a red card - we get another great update from Spain ...

A statement released by the Spanish FA said: "The repeated viewing of the images, in fact, has allowed this Committee to conclude, beyond any doubt, that the action that led to the expulsion did not occur as described by the referee and, ultimately, prove the material error manifest in the referee's report.

"These images demonstrate that the player actually said, 'One, two, three, four [fouls], f***'."

https://www.manchestereveningnews.c.../spanish-fa-releases-statement-after-28405102

Yorke to Cole

Not my home. It is Niall's and we don't do what we like when moderating. We never have.

And the person who created the performance thread for a reason also then closed it for a reason when the original aim failed.
I am not going round in circles. I am simply saying it as I saw it.

I do not know what the structure of authority is in here and what responsibilities people working on this forum have?

You will have to forgive my ignorance.

The title of this also includes “Please be respectful “ , I do not believe that has been the case.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
I mean...if you want to discuss his football performances without having to confront the reality that audio was leaked of him likely raping his girlfriend, or the photos that were leaked likely taken in the aftermath of beating his wife then go to Twitter or Tik Tok or Parler or whatever.

Frankly it feels like all we're learning from the past few pages is that two threads was two too many. I can't blame the mods for not wanting to be forced to monitor two distinct herds of gowls.

Last edited:

Redlambs

Closing the Performance Thread has undoubtedly made this thread more of a mess, very weird to be discussing serious legal subjects one minute then suddenly turn into a matchday thread and BTW there are many fans who dont necessarily want Greenwood back but are still interested to track how he is performing on loan

Things arent so black and white, so pigeon holing people as Greenwood In/Out or whatever other labels is unnecessarily divisive in my opinion
I do agree with this, always have.

I think the problem is clearly posters couldn't stick to the very simple rules though. Before the end where other's came in to argue, there was constant talk about Greenwood coming back, jabs at people who didn't want that, all that stuff about this thread being quiet and the insinuations...Let's be completely honest here, that thread was not just about performances it was more about lack of pushback for many in there.

If there's any chance of it being reopened I'd imagine it would have to be 100% only about performances and the self moderation would have to be high. I don't blame the admin on here for not trusting that could happen though. People will always ruin things for the others.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff

I think the problem is clearly posters couldn't stick to the very simple rules though. Before the end where other's came in to argue, there was constant talk about Greenwood coming back, jabs at people who didn't want that, all that stuff about this thread being quiet and the insinuations...Let's be completely honest here, that thread was not just about performances it was more about lack of pushback for many in there.

If there's any chance of it being reopened I'd imagine it would have to be 100% only about performances and the self moderation would have to be high. I don't blame the admin on here for not trusting that could happen though. People will always ruin things for the others.
There was (imo) no way either approach (1 or 2 threads) could succeed so going back to one thread was the only way of limiting the scale of the modding task I'd say (also problematic of course).

The biggest issue with a perform only thread in effects makes the Caf complicit in ignoring his demonstrably despicable behaviour.

Hopefully he will not be a United player soon so it is no longer a problem for the Caf.

Last edited:

Bwuk

I think it's almost a cert he'll be back and playing next season at this point.

Him and his partner seem to have moved on from it all, it doesn't sound like there's been any real outrage in Spain compared to here.

I think they'll ride the PR shitstorm that'll inevitably follow online, and he'll be back. Whether this is the right thing to do morally or not, I think the fact he's probably a £80-100m asset will over rule that.

Peter van der Gea

Likes Pineapple on well done Steak
I have been following this thread from the beginning, and, in my opinion, this one thread is the best way to have any and all discussions about Greenwood.

You can't have a discussion about his performances at Getafe without discussing why he is in Getafe in the first place and what United will do after his loan to Getafe has finished. If anything, it's the more nuanced and intelligent way of discussing his worth to United.

What I have seen in this thread a lot, is a pattern of new posters entering this thread, usually giddy over some highlight or stat, and not fully appreciating the context of his performances, followed by long term posters in this thread, with well practiced replies, reminding these new posters of the context of why he's in Getafe and why, in their opinion, he shouldn't come back.

What does happen, however, is the new posters are unaware of how much practice the long term posters have, so they proceed to perceive that they are getting piled in on, because they are thinking of debating points on the fly, whereas the long term posters have been resusing their debate points for months.

Unfortunately, this leads to emotional responses, like "I hope said poster never gets pushed too far by a woman", which then leads to bannings.

Personally, from the only evidence I have been privvy to, I think Greenwood is a cnut and I never want him to be associated with my club ever again. But I'm a CA and CSA survivor, so my view will always be through that lense, and I appreciate that others' won't.

However, I do want my club to profit from the little shit, and his performances for Getafe are directly relevant to that. At the same time, I do want those posters who are unaware or ill informed about the subject of DV, the accusations and the evidence that's out in the public sphere, to be informed of the severity of the situation and why a few decent performances don't tip the balance of whether he should come back.

You can't have no thread, because he's still a contracted United player, and you can't have two because that was brutal, so this one thread is the best way to discuss him.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout

Yes unfortunately self moderation is a non-starter and the only way a Performance thread can work is with strict moderation to either delete or move posts to this thread.
I do also get the point made above that performance discussion is inevitably linked to a discussion about if/when he could return and where exactly the line is drawn might not be clear.

There was still plenty of relevant performace related pushback in that thread though and Id assume for the majority who want the Performance Thread its more that they are simply not interested to wade through pages of legal/moral debate, especially when most of it has been said many times already.

Personally I could happily post in both threads and keep both topics seperate, but clearly many are unwilling/unable.

Suv666

How’s he doing anyway?
Has anyone been watching him play? Any Getafe fans in the house?

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Disagree.

It’s not an ideal situation but given the polemics surrounding the player and what happened, both threads were destined to be perpetually derailed and disrupted.

L1nk

I think it's almost a cert he'll be back and playing next season at this point.

Him and his partner seem to have moved on from it all, it doesn't sound like there's been any real outrage in Spain compared to here.

I think they'll ride the PR shitstorm that'll inevitably follow online, and he'll be back. Whether this is the right thing to do morally or not, I think the fact he's probably a £80-100m asset will over rule that.
Just don't see it happening. I'm going to put aside what I personally feel about the situation and say from a critical perspective that I think United's poor handling of the situation, particularly at the end, has ended any chance of him becoming a player for us again, Richard Arnold in particular being pretty front and centre. If we had evidence to back Greenwood up and we knew the situation wasn't what it's been portrayed to be then regardless of the backlash we should have maintained the original course that Richard Arnold was apparently going to take and intergrated Greenwood back into the team. Instead he balked at the potential backlash and regardless of evidence we might have had he chose to throw Greenwood out.

INEOS will want a clean slate, they'll sever ties with this situation come the summer.

Cantonagotmehere

Just don't see it happening. I'm going to put aside what I personally feel about the situation and say from a critical perspective that I think United's poor handling of the situation, particularly at the end, has ended any chance of him becoming a player for us again, Richard Arnold in particular being pretty front and centre. If we had evidence to back Greenwood up and we knew the situation wasn't what it's been portrayed to be then regardless of the backlash we should have maintained the original course that Richard Arnold was apparently going to take and intergrated Greenwood back into the team. Instead he balked at the potential backlash and regardless of evidence we might have had he chose to throw Greenwood out.

INEOS will want a clean slate, they'll sever ties with this situation come the summer.
This is the key to me no matter how I feel. They will not start off bringing this controversy to United.