Mason Greenwood | Please be respectful and stay on topic

bosskeano

oh ffs....feck the moral high ground and bring the kid back if he wants to play for United again

Posh Red

Actually Greenwood has admitted that he made 'mistakes' so it's not speculation. The problem is that we dont know what exactly those 'mistakes' are.

Not sure why there was such a pile on due to the word 'mistake' being used but then pile ons, putting words in other poster's mouths and thinking an opinion is fact is the standard for this thread.
Because for many of us, having heard a recording of the guy threatening to rape someone, the word ‘mistake’ feels extremely inappropriate and distasteful. I can’t help it if that opinion upsets you.

MegadrivePerson

Is there a need to keep posting pictures of his partner? I doubt there is anyone here who has not seen them more than once so constantly posting them is pretty silly.
There's every need to keep posting them.

They should be posted every single time somebody has the audacity to suggest that he is given another chance.

How would you feel if that girl was your sister?

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Because for many of us, having heard a recording of the guy threatening to rape someone, the word ‘mistake’ feels extremely inappropriate and distasteful. I can’t help it if that opinion upsets you.
It doesn't upset me, I dont like the pile ons over differing opinions though - as far as I can see no one refered to assault/abuse as a mistake as some suggested.

Spark

we’re not talking an 8 year old stealing a mars bar. he was 20 odd when he was arrested for something that anyone normal should know is wrong by that age.
Not saying he isn't a wrong'un, but it's a genuine thing that your prefrontal cortex doesn't fully develop until you're 25 in most humans. Obviously, it's a gradual development, rather than waking up on your 25th birthday and suddenly not being a cnut, but the room for rehabilitation is huge for someone like Greenwood.

It isn't for someone like Ryan Giggs, though.

flameinthesun

There's every need to keep posting them.

They should be posted every single time somebody has the audacity to suggest that he is given another chance.

How would you feel if that girl was your sister?
Do you think his partner would want it posted every day on here? Im sure you are capable of making a constructive point without going "look at these pictures" for the 20th time. Conversely, those making points in the other direction have very likely seen the pics so its serving no point constantly posting them.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
To those that don't give a shit and want him back, do any of you have female partners? What do they think of your views on it?

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

It's funny how the main argument to defend the guy seems to be bringing the comparisons with Antony where any Joe would look better. None of them are good enough if we want to build a top quality team. But if I had to choose I'm not sure if I'd pick the guy playing like this out of the two. (credit to statpadder for the clip).

Greenwood didn't have his shooting boots on in that game vs Villa, however in those clips he still showed pace, movement and ball carrying ability to enable us to transition up the pitch quickly. Something Antony clearly lacks.

Fridge chutney

Is there a need to keep posting pictures of his partner? I doubt there is anyone here who has not seen them more than once so constantly posting them is pretty silly.
So long as people try to downplay what he allegedly did by referring to the fact that many of us make "mistakes", then it is absolutely necessary in my opinion.

flameinthesun

So long as people try to downplay what he allegedly did by referring to the fact that many of us make "mistakes", then it is absolutely necessary in my opinion.
Constantly posting pictures of her is not absolutely necessary. Everyone has seen the pictures, everyone has taken into account the context that they want to take into account, everyone has come to their own conclusions. You posting pictures of her to try and win an argument for yourself is not changing the posters who you think are "trying to downplay it".

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Not a good move to bring him back and divide the fanbase. Just get rid, been nearly two years since he wore a red shirt anyway. Should've moved on ages ago.

Fridge chutney

Constantly posting pictures of her is not absolutely necessary. Everyone has seen the pictures, everyone has taken into account the context that they want to take into account, everyone has come to their own conclusions. You posting pictures of her to try and win an argument for yourself is not changing the posters who you think are "trying to downplay it".
Why do you feel the need to lie? Constantly posting pictures? I have literally posted the pictures, with a spoiler to be considerate of those who may take offence... twice! And the last time i did it was 3 weeks ago, again in response to people downplaying alleged domestic violence. Feel free to ignore me if i annoy you. I don't give a shit because i find your posts on this topic absolutely pathetic.

flameinthesun

Why do you feel the need to lie? Constantly posting pictures? I have literally posted the pictures, with a spoiler to be considerate of those who may take offence... twice! And the last time i did it was 3 weeks ago, again in response to people downplaying alleged domestic violence. Feel free to ignore me if i annoy you. I don't give a shit because i find your posts on this topic absolutely pathetic.
Mate relax and read again, I never said "You constantly post pictures" in the first sentence. In general constantly posting pictures of her is not needed. You've posted them twice to no effect (for good or for bad), there's no need to post them again.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
To those that don't give a shit and want him back, do any of you have female partners? What do they think of your views on it?
i don’t think any of them have even sniffed a woman on a bus, let alone convinced one to talk to them.

TheReligion

Abusive
Looks to be performing quite well in La Liga and has quickly got back in to a rhythm after so long out of the game.

It will be interesting to see what decisions are made in the summer by INEOS as it feels they will be quite decisive in what they want and also acknowledge the importance of connectivity with the fan base and requirement of PR.

They have a big in-tray as it is and I suspect this will sit near the top.

Pickle85

Mate relax and read again, I never said "You constantly post pictures" in the first sentence. In general constantly posting pictures of her is not needed. You've posted them twice to no effect (for good or for bad), there's no need to post them again.
It seems to have triggered you tbf.

Pickle85

If the goal of posting her pictures is to "trigger" people, then that's even more disingenuous
You said it had no effect yet you replied to it, so it obviously did have an effect.

I think posting those pics makes it even more difficult for posters like you to try to ignore exactly what he was accused of. It makes you uncomfortable, which it should do.

Sparky Rhiwabon

So what is the mistake you assume he made?
I don’t know, and it’s best not to speculate without knowing all the facts and context. I know he admitted to making mistakes and I think the club said similar having investigated it?

Pickle85

I don’t know, and it’s best not to speculate without knowing all the facts and context. I know he admitted to making mistakes and I think the club said similar having investigated it?
But this argument ignores all the images and audio available to the public. It's called willful blindness.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Looks to be performing quite well in La Liga and has quickly got back in to a rhythm after so long out of the game.

It will be interesting to see what decisions are made in the summer by INEOS as it feels they will be quite decisive in what they want and also acknowledge the importance of connectivity with the fan base and requirement of PR.

They have a big in-tray as it is and I suspect this will sit near the top.
There's a direct correlation between how well he plays on the loan with whether they attempt to bring him back imo. At the end of the day, it will be a business decision that is informed by maximizing the club's chances of winning trophies. If they asses that winning will drown out the lingering negativity among a fraction of the fanbase, then there's a good chance he will return imo.

flameinthesun

You said it had no effect yet you replied to it, so it obviously did have an effect.

I think posting those pics makes it even more difficult for posters like you to try to ignore exactly what he was accused of. It makes you uncomfortable, which it should do.
I think you are reading way too much into your thought that its triggering me (although your use of the word trigger was a give away of your intention). The point is 1) whether the partner would want her pictures constantly posted on here and 2) posting the pictures on here mutliple times hasn't changed anyone's views. Everyone has seen the pictures, the context, the statements etc it hasn't made it any more difficult or easy for any poster to make their point.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
There's a direct correlation between how well he plays on the loan with whether they attempt to bring him back imo. At the end of the day, it will be a business decision that is informed by maximizing the club's chances of winning trophies. If they asses that winning will drown out the lingering negativity among a fraction of the fanbase, then there's a good chance he will return imo.
Hopefully they have the sense to cash in and buy soneone that won't have a media circus around them.

RedNome

Cnut Rating: 9 (Conservative)
Sounds like you are implying that the vast majority would be happy to see him back?

I think you're kidding yourself if you think that.

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
To make out like Greenwood is badly treated is beyond contempt. What kind of man would genuinely think this way?
The kinda human who believes innocent before proven guilty in a court of law actually counts for something. As opposed to guilty because the public feels so. If you are super comfortable all England tried to canel him under such circumstances, thats up to you. Just know Not everyone sides with your ilk.

Sparky Rhiwabon

But this argument ignores all the images and audio available to the public. It's called willful blindness.
Don’t believe everything you see or hear. There are many ways that the images and audio may be fake and/or taken out of context. Of course this may also not be the case. Only people like Mason, his partner, family, the police / CPS would know the full story. We just don’t know enough to judge.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Sounds like you are implying that the vast majority would be happy to see him back?

I think you're kidding yourself if you think that.
We did a poll and it was about 50/50, and this was at the peak of the coverage many months ago, which has since dissipated. Therefore, its probably still around that much if not a few more percentage points in favor him coming back based on watching his performances.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
Don’t believe everything you see or hear. There are many ways that the images and audio may be fake and/or taken out of context. Of course this may also not be the case. Only people like Mason, his partner, family, the police / CPS would know the full story. We just don’t know enough to judge.
You don't think they might have mentioned if they were fake?

Could have saved a lot of bother.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
The kinda human who believes innocent before proven guilty in a court of law actually counts for something. As opposed to guilty because the public feels so. If you are super comfortable all England tried to canel him under such circumstances, thats up to you. Just know Not everyone sides with your ilk.
There’s a fecking audio clip of him trying to rape a woman that she posted and then tried to prosecute him.