Mason Greenwood | Please be respectful and stay on topic

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
More than any other thread I have ever seen on here, this is by far the worst thread I have seen in the nearly 16 years have been on here.
The Mourinho and Ole threads were so much worse. I’ve never seen a more fractured fanbase than when the toxic one was in charge and even now he still has a few minions supporting him on this board.

Pickle85

The Mourinho and Ole threads were so much worse. I’ve never seen a more fractured fanbase than when the toxic one was in charge and even now he still has a few minions supporting him on this board.
No chance. For what this says about a section of our support this is far, far worse.

AFC NimbleThumb

I can’t stand Jose so whatever but calling other supporters ‘minions’ whilst talking about how fractured the fanbase is, is peak Caf.

TrustInJanuzaj

I can’t stand Jose so whatever but calling other supporters ‘minions’ whilst talking about how fractured the fanbase is, is peak Caf.
Acolytes, cultists? Pick your poison. There was some incredibly tedious posters when Jose was around who seemed to support him more than the club!

TrustInJanuzaj

A fractured fan base? What am I missing? Aren't all fan bases fractured about this and that?
All fan bases will have a myriad of different opinions which is totally normal, what they will rarely have is such a fractured 50-50 break in opinion. I’ve been around long enough on the caf to remember when there was abit more unity amongst Utd fans. Jose was the first time in here I saw that completely ripped up. He had a celebrity following of his own, much like a Ronaldo or Pogba did/does. This place was sooo toxic in that final season and a half of Jose.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Full time

Ossasuna 3
Getafe 2

Decent performance from Greenwood today. Nothing spectacular but did manage a few good shots on goal and a couple of dangerous crosses into the box.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Why is the Greenwood situation dividing the support more than, say, EtH going or staying? I don't read the thread. Just curious.
Because it’s split down the middle with very strong opinions

ETH is just a footballing decision whereas MG some see it like that and the other half believe that we should have standards

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
There are loads of times the fanbase has been divided (Jose, Ole, Rashford, ETH, ownership etc etc) - nothing new and won't be the last time either.

The poll makes little difference, something new to discuss at least.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Full time

Ossasuna 3
Getafe 2

Decent performance from Greenwood today. Nothing spectacular but did manage a few good shots on goal and a couple of dangerous crosses into the box.
Sounds like a good end to the match
- it was 2-0 last time I looked !

AFC NimbleThumb

Acolytes, cultists? Pick your poison. There was some incredibly tedious posters when Jose was around who seemed to support him more than the club!
I came round post-Jose so can’t comment but labelling people minions, acolytes or cultists adds to the toxicity you’re calling out in this very thread.

We see it on here all the time. People disagree then instead of sticking to the topic the labelling begins (you know Acolytes, cultists? Pick your poison.) & it’s impossible for any constructive conversation to follow.

I’ve been round for OgS & EtH, so I’ve certainly seen a fair share of people that support managers over the club mind.

AFC NimbleThumb

Because it’s split down the middle with very strong opinions

ETH is just a footballing decision whereas MG some see it like that and the other half believe that we should have standards
Hmmmm.

You saying people who would have Mason back lack ‘standards’?

Yagami

Good post resistant
Full time

Ossasuna 3
Getafe 2

I only caught bits of the game so I'm looking forward to a highlight video. When I did see him with the ball, he looked good. The problem I noticed was that they too intent on going direct (I was watching from 2-0 on so it was understandable as they were chasing the game) and, when he did have possession, his teammates were rarely in support.

He did almost manage an assist from what I saw but his teammate kinda scuffed it.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Sometimes we have fights with siblings, sometimes we try to sexually assault our partners, what's the difference really? What's most important is the power of forgiveness (and man utd having good players).
Maybe in your perspective its true, but maybe in her perspective it isn't.

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
Full time

Ossasuna 3
Getafe 2

Not sure why he stared off wide left. He looked completely isolated and barely touched the ball. After moving back to the right he was much better.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
So you haven't voted in the poll then? Or have you judged him?

I ain't voting by the way, as a non Man United fan I'll bore you all with my opinion but won't vote in polls like this.
As long as his girlfriend and her family are perfectly fine with him, I wouldn't judge.

Gator Nate

Full time

Ossasuna 3
Getafe 2

Greenwood had a couple of shots to the near post that were saved, and almost had an assist.

Did anyone else see Ossasuna's third goal? Insane.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Greenwood had a couple of shots to tbe near post that were saved, and almost had an assist.

Yes, it was absurd.

Also, Getafe's 2-2 equalizer reminded me a bit of Roy Keane's header v Juve (or perhaps RvP v Southampton)

Yagami

Good post resistant
Greenwood had a couple of shots to tbe near post that were saved, and almost had an assist.

So lucky :lol:

Came right after a Getafe player missed a one on one to complete the comeback, too.

Partridge

I've read and thought about this situation for quite a while now. Mason should stay away from the club. Football is only a game at the end of the day. Treating other humans like feck puppets is some serious fecked up shit.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
As long as his girlfriend and her family are perfectly fine with him, I wouldn't judge.
From the National Domestic Abuse Hotline's Website.

"But it’s important to remember that domestic violence is extremely complex. Leaving an abusive relationship is never easy – and it isn’t always the safest option. In fact, survivors of abuse return to their abusive partners an average of seven times before they leave for good. That may sound unbelievable or unreasonable to a person who has never experienced abuse. But there are many reasons why a person might stay or return to their abusive partner."

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Not sure why he stared off wide left. He looked completely isolated and barely touched the ball. After moving back to the right he was much better.
Agreed, he's definitely more dangerous on the right. One glaring issue with his game is he doesn't press much when the other attackers seem to do it. He often jogs about anonymously, occasionally forgotten, then suddenly becomes dangerous once the ball finds its way to him.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
From the National Domestic Abuse Hotline's Website.

"But it’s important to remember that domestic violence is extremely complex. Leaving an abusive relationship is never easy – and it isn’t always the safest option. In fact, survivors of abuse return to their abusive partners an average of seven times before they leave for good. That may sound unbelievable or unreasonable to a person who has never experienced abuse. But there are many reasons why a person might stay or return to their abusive partner."
You are just making assumptions and judgement based on statistic alone, and there is no evidence to support it has anything to do with his case.

talking robot

I wonder what will be the new CEO's stance about him?
Doubt any decision will be made before the entire new executive staff is in place. the stated desire to prioritize trophies probably means he has a slight chance of being reintegrated into the squad, but if a big offer comes in, we’d probably still end up selling.