Mason Greenwood | Please be respectful and stay on topic

Yagami

Good post resistant
Any "all touches" video (pun not intended) of MG against Real Madrid?
Someone finally made one!

Nice performance. Seems like the Madrid players couldn't get near him. Even our boy Bellingham couldn't dispossess him.

His general play is already back to a very good level. I don't think it'll be long until he goes on a goalscoring run because his finishing was always his biggest strength.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
You have the rule of law in your country. To penalise him after he has not been charged with criminality is in itself criminal.
Punished by being paid in full for the entire time he was stood down when charged and now punished by being paid millions a year to play football in Spain. Oh to be so punished.

Raoul

Admin
Staff

Nice performance. Seems like the Madrid players couldn't get near him. Even our boy Bellingham couldn't dispossess him.

His general play is already back to a very good level. I don't think it'll be long until he goes on a goalscoring run because his finishing was always his biggest strength.
A few good shots on goal here.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff

Brilliant, should make it easier to find a buyer come the summer

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads

Thanks for sharing, keep it up Mason we’ll sell you very soon hopefully.

Yagami

Good post resistant
A few good shots on goal here.
He was also very strong under pressure and, unlike when he was here, was determined to get on the ball and dictate things. His all round game has noticeably improved since he was here.

Brilliant, should make it easier to find a buyer come the summer
See, I'm not against selling him. I'm not demanding us to get him back. I'm just keeping up with his performances.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Sorry, but I will continue to post about Greenwood's performances at Getafe. It's not breaking any rules on here.
Carry on. It is the love in I was commenting on. No idea why anyone would care given how he goes given what a scumbag he is and that he won't play for us again.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
He was also very strong under pressure and, unlike when he was here, was determined to get on the ball and dictate things. His all round game has noticeably improved since he was here.

See, I'm not against selling him. I'm not demanding us to get him back. I'm just keeping up with his performances.
No idea how you can just take the emotion out and do that. I absolutely loved him as a player and his talent looked boundless but I could not watch that elsewhere from Utd. Especially after the type of person he’s turned out to be. It’s just a kind of “look what you could’ve had if this guy wasn’t a scumbag” kind of thing.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Not sure I would agree with the last bit. More likely, he is still working to regain his form of 2-3 seasons ago. Not playing for 18 months tends to do that. He has however, vastly improved from his early season form.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Carry on. It is the love in I was commenting on. No idea why anyone would care given how he goes given what a scumbag he is and that he won't play for us again.
Well, I find it interesting for two reasons. One, as someone who watches the academy, I've been keeping up with this guys development for I don't know how many years now so i guess there's that. Second being, after being out for so long, I was very curious to see how he'd take to top level football again.

No idea how you can just take the emotion out and do that. I absolutely loved him as a player and his talent looked boundless but I could not watch that elsewhere from Utd. Especially after the type of person he’s turned out to be. It’s just a kind of “look what you could’ve had if this guy wasn’t a scumbag” kind of thing.
Don't get me wrong, it is sad, but as I said before (& I don't want to go into too much detail) I have experienced similar situations but have seen people change for the better. Many, many years ago now and the person has stayed, I don't know how to phrase it, a valued person in my life.

I'm not saying this to change anyone's opinion. Those who want him out and have no time for him are free to do so. It's completely understandable. I'm just looking at it from a different POV due to my experiences.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Hopefully that should add to his value when we sell him.
The more goals he scores, the more you'd think we'd get.

Watching the actual match live instead of his individual highlights, the only problem in his game is his lack of work rate.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
The more goals he scores, the more you'd think we'd get.

Watching the actual match live instead of his individual highlights, the only problem in his game is his lack of work rate.
Every match I've watched of his and the stats complete bear that out.

Out of interest as you're watching, how does Assane Diao look?

Raoul

Admin
Staff
La Liga is a strange league. Apparently the ball from the penalty goal is going to be auctioned off after the game.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Every match I've watched of his and the stats complete bear that out.

Out of interest as you're watching, how does Assane Diao look?
I can't say I've noticed him yet. Isco has been running things for Betis.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Some brilliant play there to create a chance for a teammate

Yagami

Good post resistant
He just equalized for them. Good to see Joaquin in the stands as well. He was a big Caf transfer forum favorite 20 years ago.
I always loved Joaquin, too! Seeing him with Isco is pretty nostalgic because I loved the Malaga team they were apart of.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Probably their second best player given that one of his teammates is La Liga top scorer at the moment.
Looking forward to Getafe bringing him on. He's having a great season goalscoring wise but I have no idea how good his general play is.

I'm also trying to keep an eye on Diao for @Lash :D

He is pretty much their best player, They should pass the ball more to him though.
Getafe's final ball is pretty lacking, yeah. Greenwood won the ball high up the pitch at one point and was through on goal if not for a poor pass.

He's always in space on the right but, like @Raoul has said before, Getafe really favour playing down the left.

Nep77

Probably their second best player given that one of his teammates is La Liga top scorer at the moment.
Ability wise and in all round general play MG is above. In normal circumstance MG is 100 million Player, Mayoral has number but he also plays as CF. Getafe also doesn't play to MG strength and get him in a position to shoot, build up is basically get the ball to CF as soon as possible through cross or long ball. They do work hard and press well.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Looking forward to Getafe bringing him on. He's having a great season goalscoring wise but I have no idea how good his general play is.

I'm also trying to keep an eye on Diao for @Lash :D

Getafe's final ball is pretty lacking, yeah. Greenwood won the ball high up the pitch at one point and was through on goal if not for a poor pass.

He's always in space on the right but, like @Raoul has said before, Getafe really favour playing down the left.
Cheers mate, he's an exciting player.

Zlaatan

Parody Account
You have the rule of law in your country. To penalise him after he has not been charged with criminality is in itself criminal.
How is he being penalized, how is it criminal and who is doing it? Who is even suggesting it?

Yagami

Good post resistant
He just went off @Lash . The Getafe RB didn't give him a sniff tonight, but he rarely saw the ball anyway.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Brilliant run into the box by Greenwood just now. Should've been poked in by his teammate.
Whenever he gets the ball in that position he has them on toast. It's just his teammates nearly always refuse to play there.