Mason Greenwood | Please be respectful and stay on topic

sepulturite

Only if the club thinks it doesn't matter
As I've said before in this thread, Ineos aren't going to undo all the good work they've clearly done so far by alienating and pissing off a good chunk of the fan base by bringing him back, it would be ridiculously bad PR. He'll never play for United again (thankfully).

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
As I've said before in this thread, Ineos aren't going to undo all the good work they've clearly done so far by alienating and pissing off a good chunk of the fan base by bringing him back, it would be ridiculously bad PR. He'll never play for United again (thankfully).
You know more than I do. I know feck all about them to be honest. If I had to bet I'd say they move him on for the right price, otherwise they roll out a BS PR campaign to soften the blow

Pickle85

Better than what Antony and Garnacho do on a daily basis.
Eh? He beat a dreadful defensive effort and wasted the good position that got him into. Plus Garnacho has looked very impressive this season and isn't a violent woman beater. I don't get the need to slag off our promising youngsters at the expense of someone that's accused (and imo guilty of) some awful stuff. Weird.

Fridge chutney

Eh? He beat a dreadful defensive effort and wasted the good position that got him into. Plus Garnacho has looked very impressive this season and isn't a violent woman beater. I don't get the need to slag off our promising youngsters at the expense of someone that's accused (and imo guilty of) some awful stuff. Weird.
Garnacho has been very promising for us this season, going above and beyond where i thought his development would take him (personally). That he is being compared unfavourably to a player who has equaled his goal tally this season at fecking Getafe is sad and as you say, weird.

With respect to bolded, i wonder if this actually has a galvanizing effect on some people (go on Twitter, complete shitshow with respect to Greenwood)... especially in this day and age where Jordan Peterson and Andrew Tate are seen as beacons of wisdom by worryingly large segments.

Pickle85

Garnacho has been very promising for us this season, going above and beyond where i thought his development would take him (personally). That he is being compared unfavourably to a player who has equaled his goal tally this season at fecking Getafe is sad and as you say, weird.

With respect to bolded, i wonder if this actually has a galvanizing effect on some people (go on Twitter, complete shitshow with respect to Greenwood)... especially in this day and age where Jordan Peterson and Andrew Tate are seen as beacons of wisdom by worryingly large segments.
Yep, I suspect that's absolutely the case. I think a certain kind of person (genuinely not levelling this at anyone specific here) sees the way Greenwood's being treated as another win for the woke mob and so reacts in a more extreme way than they usually would. Also there are plenty of sad Twitter edgelords and people who genuinely are just unapologetic misogynists. You think these people can't actually exist outside the internet and then you have one drive you home in a taxi or hear them holding court in their local boozer. Bonkers.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Better than what Antony and Garnacho do on a daily basis.
He's better than all of our attackers. Whether that's on the right, left or up front. Whoever gets him is getting an incredible player.

Barcelona are definitely an option. They wany rid of a lot of players this summer and want to bring in a fair few. Lewandowsi, Raphinha, Torres may all be done so forwards will be on their radar.

BabySinclair

The source is terrible.

He is a good journalist for stuff about Frankfurt.....i follow him on Twitter for this reason.

For whatever reason he has started to do transfer runours about us since a few months and he was already a few times wrong about that.

The Brown Bull

It's Coming Home.
Yep.

marktan

40m euros / £35m really is a terrible for a player of his quality. Antony and Sancho cost double that and they have less than half his talent.

I don't think Rashford and Garnacho are enough to be long-term starting wide players, so it's likely we'll need to bring someone else in for a lot more money. Personally I'd bring Greenwood back and ignore the first month or so of media moaning, but that's just me.

Pickle85

Why are people talking like Greenwood has brilliant since going to la Liga? The way some talk it's like he's taken the league by storm. His stats are only marginally better than Garnacho, in a weaker league, when he's a couple of years older

GledTheRed

40m euros / £35m really is a terrible for a player of his quality. Antony and Sancho cost double that and they have less than half his talent.

I don't think Rashford and Garnacho are enough to be long-term starting wide players, so it's likely we'll need to bring someone else in for a lot more money. Personally I'd bring Greenwood back and ignore the first month or so of media moaning, but that's just me.
Same.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.

It's a good deal, considering we've closed the door on him and he's got a year left on his contract. I'm not sure if we have the option for a further year but even if we did, we won't exercise it.

Other (foreign) teams know this, so given he's not really achieved much (despite his great talent and promise), and considering Arsenal payed 50m for a PL winner from City, I'd take it.

uwotm8

Clip of greenwood from la liga
He really is an exceptional talent. Two footed, can dribble and shoot. His decision making was poor when he played for us but he was a wonderkid teenager, that's almost to be expected.
It's not like Garnacho plays the final third like Mesut Ozil.

Also shows a great deal of maturity and responsibility adapting to the spanish league whilst looking after a partner and an infant.
It is unlikely that INEOS have the inclination to bring him back but we live in an era of surprises.
Worst case scenario is that we pick up a healthy homegrown fee for him and can re-invest that money.

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
Nice move. So good to see him do well.

Getting ~40m Euros would be the second best outcome that can come out of this. Fingers crossed it happens and he gets to ply his trade at a top club, who are a regular fixture in the Champions League.

AaronRedDevil

Should be 60 plus add ons at least. He's still very young and he can easily be worth way more then that after 1 good season.

sepulturite

Nice move. So good to see him do well.

Getting ~40m Euros would be the second best outcome that can come out of this. Fingers crossed it happens and he gets to ply his trade at a top club, who are a regular fixture in the Champions League.
How are there posters on here saying and thinking this after what he did? It's unbelievable.

Valencia Shin Crosses

It's what happens when the world knows we aren't bringing him back under any circumstances. We are left with 0 leverage. Greenwood pre-scandal was a 100m level talent. But now it's going to be difficult asking for a higher price unless you can get some sort of bidding war between clubs since they know we aren't going to play him

Fridge chutney

Also shows a great deal of maturity and responsibility adapting to the spanish league whilst looking after a partner and an infant.
As we saw with Greenwood previously, it is probably best that we don't wax lyrical about the "maturity and responsibility" he shows while "looking after a partner"...

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff

If you think it’s going to go all blissfully quiet after a month I suggest you take your head out of your bowl of cornflakes.

he hasn’t got long left on his contract, hence it’s a fair price if reached

marktan

If you think it’s going to go all blissfully quiet after a month I suggest you take your head out of your bowl of cornflakes.

he hasn’t got long left on his contract, hence it’s a fair price if reached
People have short attention spans, he'll get booed like Ronaldo did post 2006 but eventually people will move onto the next news topic. Especially if he continues to improve.

Personally I couldn't care less about off field stuff when it comes to footballers, especially since these days people often are assumed guilty before the fact so I tend to not bother forming an opinion. But I'm probably in a minority but that's just my opinion.

sepulturite

People have short attention spans, he'll get booed like Ronaldo did post 2006 but eventually people will move onto the next news topic. Especially if he continues to improve.

Personally I couldn't care less about off field stuff when it comes to footballers, especially since these days people often are assumed guilty before the fact so I tend to not bother forming an opinion. But I'm probably in a minority but that's just my opinion.
Fecking hell :rolleyes:

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
It's what happens when the world knows we aren't bringing him back under any circumstances. We are left with 0 leverage. Greenwood pre-scandal was a 100m level talent. But now it's going to be difficult asking for a higher price unless you can get some sort of bidding war between clubs since they know we aren't going to play him
Unfortunately he created the circumstances.

So if we can get a fee even up to €50m would be good business.

Just have to hope that in the circumstances this fresh start wherever it may be does not result in any future incidents as it looks nigh impossible that he’ll ever have to answer a case in court.

Valencia Shin Crosses

Unfortunately he created the circumstances.

So if we can get a fee even up to €50m would be good business.

Just have to hope that in the circumstances this fresh start wherever it may be does not result in any future incidents as it looks nigh impossible that he’ll ever have to answer a case in court.
Yeah 50m you take it and run.

I really do think people forget how much his scumminess derailed the future squad planning. In an alternate future Greenwood was a model bf and was our striker last year/this year rotating with Hojlund instead of just having that asset evaporate and scrambling to sign one (thank god we nailed Hojlund).

sepulturite

You just block people because they have differing opinions to your own? You like living in an echo chamber?
No he blocks people who seem to have no problem sweeping what he did under the carpet and people who seem to be rape and DV apologists, we've seen them all in this thread, and people like that rightly should be blocked. Thankfully most of them are being banned anyway so it doesn't really matter.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff

Obviously

personally I think you’re underestimating the public’s feeling, this is a whole new ball game