g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Mason Greenwood | Please be respectful and stay on topic

sepulturite

You are making a judgment without full context and from incomplete evidence. Don't call me an ass please.
Yeh and I'm fine with that. There is no other explanation that can come out about that audio that can exonerate him in my eyes, and I don't know how anyone could have listened to that and said to themselves "eeeh we're not getting the full context here" :rolleyes:

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
The quote was very noncommittal and neutral, as one would expect from a co-owner who just took over. Think some people are reading into it too much and hearing what they want (or don't want) to hear.

neon_badger

But I can’t understand why the player and his partner won’t sit down and give an interview to tell their side. It’s the only way to clear a path for him In English football
I quick 10min chat with Emily Maitlis on Newsnight will soon get this ugly mess cleared up.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
What missing piece makes the audio and imaged tolerable?
None, it's a cope out. But imagine this, someone gets drunk because they lose a family member, they then take a care and injure someone. How much leniency do you show toward the driver? Personally, I give the driver zero excuse.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Do you need the whole picture to recognize or decide that something is wrong? Since when is that a requirement?
Aside from speaking to his partner like a deplorable human being, what else do I know that he's done for sure?

I'm not talking hypotheticals or what you think might have gone on. What actually happened?

If you can shed more light on that then great but if not the simple fact is that none of us know so I'm just not going to comment any further.

mu4c_20le

Come on, man. What would we genuinely be missing to form a seriously informed opinion?
I dont know, but im not comfortable taking a definitive stance based on a very short clip. At least the people in charge of making the decisions will have access to more information and being able to talk to the ones involved, their family and friends, etc.

sepulturite

Jesus we're back to posters making up ridiculous excuses for him again, it's actually unbelievable

JPRouve

Scout
Aside from speaking to his partner like a deplorable human being, what else do I know that he's done for sure?

I'm not talking hypotheticals or what you think might have gone on. What actually happened?

If you can shed more light on that then great but if not the simple fact is that none of us know so I'm just not going to comment any further.
It's very good that you acknowledge what he said because you don't need more or at least I don't need more.

There isn't really a scenario where I will be lenient toward someone who aggressively demand sex from his partner and threaten them with violence if they don't comply. But that's only me, maybe I'm too strict.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
It's very good that you acknowledge what he said because you don't need more or at least I don't need more.

There isn't really a scenario where I will be lenient toward someone who aggressively demand sex from his partner and threaten them with violence if they don't comply. But that's only me, maybe I'm too strict.
Are you one of those zero tolerance for domestic violence fundamentalists?

Carl

has permanently erect nipples

Well we know he assaulted her. Unless we're saying she assaulted herself and/or someone else assaulted her and Mason just chose to never deny it. Which obviously makes no sense.

The sexual stuff is a bit iffy as far as I'm concerned.

Cloud7

The quote was very noncommittal and neutral, as one would expect from a co-owner who just took over. Think some people are reading into it too much and hearing what they want (or don't want) to hear.
Exactly how I took it

Berbaclass

No, I don't think it's too strict. I totally understand that viewpoint. I would lean more towards that myself but I'm simply trying to be as objective as I can when thinking about this subject.

Unfortunately acting like a complete cnut is not a crime.

brontelicious

Looking at the evidence to make an informed decision is good. Swaying to please public opinion is bad.
In reality, they are both opinion and us saying no to Greenwood are also making an informed decision, based on the key evidence available.

Posh Red

A very sensible take, thankfully.
If you’re planning to sell him, then yes it is sensible. There’s no point saying they have no intention of keeping him if they’re hoping to get a good fee. I wouldn’t get your hopes up. There’s no chance that the woman beater is playing for us again, thankfully.

BoulderDevil

Looks like SJR is taking the sensible approach. Can’t say the same for most of the posters in this thread. Let INEOS do their due diligence and make the best decision for the club. No matter what decision is made it seems like Greenwood and his family are getting on and that’s positive to see. Our club is also making positive changes which is encouraging. Let’s all just be happy there will be a resolution soon!

JPRouve

Scout
Are you one of those zero tolerance for domestic violence fundamentalists?
You got me, one day I will fix myself.

On a serious note, at this point I'm more upset with the BS that people and club peddle around this topic. Now that we are far removed from it, I have zero sympathy for Greenwood but I can understand the idea that he is somewhat maladjusted and that the club believe that the man(not the player) can be fixed but that process is impossible if key actors are still selling some BS about alternate reality and whole pictures.

Berbaclass

We don't have all the info. Therefore we cannot have an opinion. These people must have almost no opinions.
I'm not trying to tell anybody what to think unlike some.

I simply think it's really important to acknowledge the fact that there is a huge difference between acting like a complete cnut and raping somebody.

There is enough doubt for me to be comfortable with saying I'm not sure about what happened. I also just don't want to speculate about what or did not happen because it seems pointless.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
I'm not trying to tell anybody what to think unlike some.

I simply think it's really important to acknowledge the fact that there is a huge difference between acting like a complete cnut and raping somebody.

There is enough doubt for me to be comfortable with saying I'm not sure about what happened. I also just don't want to speculate about what or did not happen because it seems pointless.

It's possible he's a grand lad and the data we have is altered with context. Possible, highly improbable.

JPRouve

Scout
No, I don't think it's too strict. I totally understand that viewpoint. I would lean more towards that myself but I'm simply trying to be as objective as I can when thinking about this subject.

Unfortunately acting like a complete cnut is not a crime.
That's in contradiction with your point about public opinion. The public opinion that you seemingly share is about moral values and not about what is punishable by law.

Berbaclass

That's in contradiction with your point about public opinion. The public opinion that you seemingly share is about moral values and not about what is punishable by law.
It's impossible to not be influenced to some degree by public opinion.

Berbaclass

I'm not suggesting anything. Public opinion is a huge factor in this instance.
I understand that of course but Ratcliffe should not make his mind up (or anyone IMO) like Richard Arnold did based on what the public feedback was.

He needs to make a decision and justify it with factual evidence like he's suggested that he will.

Andersons Dietician

Contrary to the popular opinions, I would welcome a fresh investigation into it this summer

But I can’t understand why the player and his partner won’t sit down and give an interview to tell their side. It’s the only way to clear a path for him In English football
Well if they did that there are only 2 things that could have happened. He did it, she forgave him they want to move on with their lives but they can’t say that as if that’s the case mofo belongs in jail.

Or option B she got angry about something, cut down an audio clip, fabricated some pictures or just used some from something else and lied her ass off which means she probably belongs in jail.

Either way they can’t say either and expect life to return to normal. So we’ll never know without hearing the full length audio clip that United and the CPS have heard that has provided them both with satisfactory answers to explain the clip.

So we are back to where we started where no one really knows anything other than he hasn’t been convicted. Anyway who knows he might not even want to come back to United as from reports he is loving life in Spain.

Last edited:

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
I understand that of course but Ratcliffe should not make his mind up (or anyone IMO) like Richard Arnold did based on what the public feedback was.

He needs to make a decision and justify it with factual evidence like he's suggested that he will.
That's not practical. Unless there is clarification then sections of the public will be outraged. And like it or not United will be used to highlight this issue so it will be amplified hugely. You have to take that into account. It's just ridiculous not to.