g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Mason Greenwood | Please be respectful and stay on topic

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Why could he play anywhere in the world but at Manchester United? This is so arrogant from you, from English people in general. He made a mistake and has been forgiven. I'd love to see him again in a United shirt.
There is no need to make this an issue about nationality.

it’s a simple fact that the media in Britain are harsher on Manchester United, and backlashes stronger than if he played in Spain for example. Now the press rarely mention him and in their own words they can go about the community with little hassle.
it would be a completely different story for them both in England

golden_blunder

Staff
Quite an arrogant response really. Maybe other people are more open minded. Maybe they don’t judge without being in possession of all the facts. Maybe they believe in forgiveness. Maybe they believe that if one is not guilty by law then one should be allowed to continue their life.
The ‘Law’ haven’t said that he’s not guilty, just that there was no reasonable chance of getting a conviction. There is a difference

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Why could he play anywhere in the world but at Manchester United? This is so arrogant from you, from English people in general. He made a mistake and has been forgiven. I'd love to see him again in a United shirt.
People again just perpetuating this 'single mistake' myth when he clearly assaulted her multiple times over the course of their relationship up to that point.

Multiple pictures from separate incidents. The recording was also quite obviously made because she was expecting Greenwood to act that way, ergo he's done it before

Slops

has Adobe Premiere and too much time on his hands
United's initial investigation concluded the club had a 'duty of care' to Greenwood, which doesn't feel a million miles from what's been said by SJR here, and still concluded he'd play his football elsewhere. Words have clearly been selected very carefully - not that I'm saying this is 100% an exercise in driving up his value or anything. Who knows.

The fact it's been interpreted in every possible way on here probably points to the idea we can't really draw conclusions about his motivation. I really hope it doesn't mean the door has been reopened for a return.

Fun skim through this morning. "Cancel culture brigade" :lol:. Could this be a situation of Greenwood's making entirely? No, it's the fans, who are completely entitled to their standpoint, who are wrong.

Pickle85

So the victim of the alleged domestic violence can have child with Greenwood and plan to marry him, but you can't stand the thought of him plaing football.
The charges have been dropped for a year now. Obviously there is much more to this story.
I'm not even going to bother with this as you've either not read any of the rest of the thread or you've decided to ignore it. Either way your oversimplified and uninformed post isn't worth engaging with.

Pickle85

Quite an arrogant response really. Maybe other people are more open minded. Maybe they don’t judge without being in possession of all the facts. Maybe they believe in forgiveness. Maybe they believe that if one is not guilty by law then one should be allowed to continue their life.
For the last time he is continuing his fecking life. He's living in Spain earning a lot of money doing a job that many would LOVE to have. How is he not continuing his life?

sepulturite

Well, I don’t know and neither do you. But the CPS, Police and club DO know but clearly you’re not going to accept their word.
My point is it doesn't matter, nothing could possibly exonerate him in a longer clip, as I said before in here what do you think happened after what we heard, that greenwood turned around and said to her "haha I was only joking, I had you going there didn't I?" Come off it and grow a bit of common sense, there's nothing further that could justify what we heard in that original audio.

Thiagoal

The ‘Law’ haven’t said that he’s not guilty, just that there was no reasonable chance of getting a conviction. There is a difference
So if there had been sufficient evidence etc to send the case to court and he was found not guilty then that would prove innocence better than the case being dropped well before?! Makes no sense

golden_blunder

Staff
So if there had been sufficient evidence etc to send the case to court and he was found not guilty then that would prove innocence better than the case being dropped well before?! Makes no sense
You do realize that they didn’t go to court because the witnesses pulled out?

If it had gone to court, the truth either way would have come out.

DavelinaJolie

I don't know if anyone listened to the most recent Talk of the Devils, but Whitwell said:

"I was told a few weeks ago would he actually play for Manchester United again. The vibe that I was getting at that point was he wouldn't actually want to, because of how he felt he had been treated"

Which, if true, shows a stunning lack of awareness of his situation and lack of accountability.

uwotm8

I still think that the best place for Greenwood, his girlfriend and their kid is away from the England and the premier league. The media coverage they'll both get will be awful.

Live in the sun, let your kid grow up multilingual and and in a place where they don't have to grow up hearing their dad have "rapist" screamed at him every Saturday.
This is probably what I would do if I was Mason. He'll grow to be an elite forward probably at Barcelona/Atletico.
I'm very sensitive to criticism and judgement though I wouldn't be able to stand even a fraction of the potential backlash. But thankfully I am not inclined towards that kind of misconduct so shouldn't have to worry.

golden_blunder

Staff
I don't know if anyone listened to the most recent Talk of the Devils, but Whitwell said:

"I was told a few weeks ago would he actually play for Manchester United again. The vibe that I was getting at that point was he wouldn't actually want to, because of how he felt he had been treated"

Which, if true, shows a stunning lack of awareness of his situation and lack of accountability.
Absolutely. He’s obviously very immature in his outlook

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
So that gives YOU the right to declare he’s guilty! Right, got it
With that level of evidence and no context provided to show innocence, it's logical to assume there is no context and he did what we saw and heard he did.

Does that mean he is guilty and should go to jail? Of course not. Ther has to be a trial for that.

Two separate things.

Thiagoal

Quality control
Still waiting on those source links
You have access to the internet I’d assume. Why don’t you google Mason Greenwood and then add the name of some of Britain’s top selling newspapers (The Mail, The Times, The Sun, The Mirror) Then click on articles most recent. You can the see the articles and the comments associated.

sepulturite

Maybe open your eyes a little more and stop being so judgemental. People in the world have different views
This is a subject where I will never have a reasoned debate with the likes of you, and the views you hold. I will always call out your bullshit and the bullshit of people like you. I have no issues with people having different views on normal things, football etc. But if you a different view on this subject, then you fall in to the category of posters I mentioned yesterday, and that kind of view is despicable.

sepulturite

You have access to the internet I’d assume. Why don’t you google Mason Greenwood and then add the name of some of Britain’s top selling newspapers (The Mail, The Times, The Sun, The Mirror) Then click on articles most recent. You can the see the articles and the comments associated.
The mail the sun and the mirror?! Jesus :houllier:

Red Regista

I'd still like us to bring him back. He's the second best RW option we got (after Alejandro) and the best RW option when Ale plays on the left.
He'd be for free too (wages obviously but no transfer fee).
We need to get rid of Antony and Sancho, both had their chances and are just terrible options, plus I don't get why there was/ is so much fuss about Greenwood when there was next to no fuss about Antony who allegedly raped a person in Brazil.
Why did we bring Antony (a terrible player) back so quickly, but Greenwood (a good player) is a persona non grata for an alleged similar kind of crime?
Don't get it.

Raoul

Admin
Staff

I’d say the news in that quote of Whitwell isn’t the vibe he got, but rather the quote that Greenwood would play for United again. Given its Whitwell , I’m assuming that was from a legit source affiliated with the club or player.

Someone

Something
Wasn’t really impressed with SJRs comments about how all teenagers get into “trouble” if that’s what was actually said.
Same here. It felt for me that he was trying to reset the narrative around the subject, after Arnold made it clear that it's in the best interest of the club that he moves somewhere else.

I'm not surprised, because while SJRs might be saying all the right things, and I do believe he genuinely wants to do right by the club, he's a billionaire businessman after all, and he didn't get there by taking the high road. Greenwood could be a game changer as far as FFP is concerned because we're short in that position, and at his age he could be a 100m asset in the future. While if he's sold in the summer, it won't be for much most likely. My guess is, they'll put a massive PR spin come the summer, and Greenwood will return.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
Why did we bring Antony (a terrible player) back so quickly, but Greenwood (a good player) is a persona non grata for an alleged similar kind of crime?
Don't get it.
Have you seen the pictures of the woman bruised and bloodied ? Have you listened to the audio?

If you haven't, do and then comment.

If you have and still don't get it then I don't know what to say to you.

golden_blunder

Staff
I want to see the ones that you’ve been reading

sepulturite

I'd still like us to bring him back. He's the second best RW option we got (after Alejandro) and the best RW option when Ale plays on the left.
He'd be for free too (wages obviously but no transfer fee).
We need to get rid of Antony and Sancho, both had their chances and are just terrible options, plus I don't get why there was/ is so much fuss about Greenwood when there was next to no fuss about Antony who allegedly raped a person in Brazil.
Don't get it.
Wow the ignorance in that last paragraph :houllier:

Pickle85

So people that read those papers aren’t entitled to opinions? Right
You seem to be confusing the right to an opinion with holding a reasonable opinion. The comments sections of the Sun and the Mail are not the place to find reasonable, well thought through opinions. Those people are free to hold those opinions of course but we shouldn't be making decisions using them as reasonable points of reference.