Mason Greenwood | Please be respectful and stay on topic

Raven

Role play. People who are determined for him to be guilty will call bullshit. My ex was really into role play, which makes it easy for me to believe.
If your ex liked to be beaten until she was cut and bruised perhaps she needed mental help.

Ady87

Greenwood’s ability is driving strong opinions on both sides of the debate. Had it been Tom Heaton those people would be much closer aligned (and both considerably less vocal).

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Does anyone really think that even in the unlikely event we find a UK club he would move to that we would lend or sell him there (barring a ludicrously high fee)? The most likely outcome is a loan overseas followed by a sale if/when his value climbs a bit.

BootsyCollins

Whilst we all abhor domestic violence we must remember that this case involves 2 teenagers, at the time, who were toxic for each other and immature to understand some of the complexities around domestic violence. So l guess that's why the club talked of duty of care to Mason because he is still.a kids who is still growing up and need guidance which l hope his next club will provide him.with
Did you qoute the wrong person?

I was talking about the person who wrote "if its domestic abuse, you just move".

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Well you can look for small holes and technicalities. If it was so clear, he’d be locked up.
No, he wouldn't. That's why domestic abuse or sexual assaults are difficult cases, if the alleged victim refuses to testify then you have nearly no chance of a conviction.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
No. They kept him and said it was part of their responsibility as his employers to help him.
He also admitted, accepted responsibility and underwent rehabilitation. He didn't play after the incident and was released the next summer?

Revan

Assumptionman
In a thread full of terrible takes this has to be one of the very worst. You’re accusing her of being abusive to him? Why? Because they got married? Have a word with yourself ffs.
Not the poster you quoted, but saw you mentioning this post as terrible in general too. So just trying to clarify.

Before the incident, there were posts on some other forum about this mutually toxic relation. For example, look at this post and the explanation:

Yeah, there were apparently loads of posts and it was well known how mutually toxic the relationship was. I think the United statement intimates that.

Here are a couple of the forum posts. I've edited out the girl invoved's name:

There were 15 screenshots on Reddit. Orla Sloan, the girl they mention a few times, was the girl who was recently in court for stalking Mason Mount.
So, I do not think the poster was alluding that she was abusive to him because they got married (I do not think that they are married but that is besides the point), but because of stuff like this.

TsuWave

Spaghetti

Mom's
He also admitted, accepted responsibility and underwent rehabilitation. He didn't play after the incident and was released the next summer?
He was guilty. He was on film doing it. He hadn’t played for years anyway, just loans and Gerrard signed him for Rangers when his contract expired.

Spaghetti

Mom's
No, he wouldn't. That's why domestic abuse or sexual assaults are difficult cases, if the alleged victim refuses to testify then you have nearly no chance of a conviction.
The original arrest was never from her complaint anyway. If he did something, and she is happy to move on with her life with him, and so are her parents, then so am I.

Revan

Assumptionman
Does anyone really think that even in the unlikely event we find a UK club he would move to that we would lend or sell him there (barring a ludicrously high fee)? The most likely outcome is a loan overseas followed by a sale if/when his value climbs a bit.
I think loan oversees this season, followed by either a sale (if he is good) or another loan (if he is not good) next summer is the most likely scenario.

I also think that if he is still good, he will be playing in EPL within 3 years.

Rockets Redglare

Of course he was.
There was no one better than him when he was playing. And I'm sure he'll get back to that level wherever he goes.
Of course he wasn’t. He was a talented youngster who was as frustrating as any young player in the team.

Revan

Assumptionman
The original arrest was never from her complaint anyway. If he did something, and she is happy to move on with her life with him, and so are her parents, then so am I.
It wasn't but it is hard to prove something (that is hard to prove anyway) if the witness is not cooperating.

theyneverlearn

and this one probably never will
No chance the club sell or loan to a UK club, nor will a UK club come forward. The backlash from fans would stop it ever happening.

As a business, loan with no option to buy, hope he does well and maximise profit with a sale end of the season.

If the club just want rid this summer, then sell him to highest bidder and add a sell on % into the contract.

JPRouve

Scout
Which is problematic in the case of domestic violence, that's how men and women die or are permanently crippled by their partners. No one should be happy with the status quo in these situations unless you are happy with domestic violence.

PS: This post is about domestic violence in general.

captain666

Let he (her) without sin cast the first stone! The moral high ground is getting mighty overcrowded .Have none of you been 19 and done things you maybe regretted?

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
Let he (her) without sin cast the first stone! The moral high ground is getting mighty overcrowded .Have none of you been 19 and done things you maybe regretted?
He wasnt stoned. Just sacked from his job. That's a slap in the wrist compared to jail time.

So there's his second chance

And 21 is mature enough to know you should never beat a woman let alone your partner to a bloody mess and forced yourself into her

BD

technologically challenged barbie doll
To the level of what the photos and audio suggest? Nah, I actually haven't to be honest.

JPRouve

Scout
To the level of what the photos and audio suggest? Nah, I actually haven't to be honest.
You have to wonder what some were doing at 19. It's a bit worrying.

Robbo*

Greenwood’s ability is driving strong opinions on both sides of the debate. Had it been Tom Heaton those people would be much closer aligned (and both considerably less vocal).
yep, made this point yesterday and it’s made the whole thing much more difficult as we really need him on the pitch!

Raven

The Athletic Masterclass here

Had the club skewered, external pressure beat internal desire .

The club have bowed to pressure and they are removing our best talent from the academy in the recent years who will be our best forward immediately.

I am fully convinced that if this was any other top team in the world, they would have never removed their best talent when it was said that all charges were cleared.

Most rival fans have been roaring for Greenwood to be removed not because he has done bad thing but simply because they don't want to see our best player return to play for us.

I'd call it morality and ethics but the club has shown none by allowing this to drag on so long. The only reason Greenwood won't come back when the manager and the board wanted him back is because it will hit the Glazers pocket hard. I am 99% sure that if Sir Alex Ferguson was still our coach and making the decisions, Greenwood would already be playing for us and the case would have already been forgotten.

From a footballing perspective it’s a huge loss but morally it’s a huge win. I don't support what Greenwood did and I think it was too extreme on his part. But the thought of letting go one of the best talent the academy has produced in recent years pisses me of. This boy was something special (In Football) and he is one of our own from 7 year old .

He was nowhere near our best player and after 2 years without any football, I'd say he's even further away.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
I don't know why his defenders are even so bothered about losing him now. We've moved on.

To me he was gone 18 months ago and would never play for us again. Big blow at the time, but irrelevant now.

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
I think a loan overseas will be just as difficult, his case will be well known and I would imagine fan reactions would be the same as Manchester, Rome or Paris etc. I think the only realistic possibility is somewhere, where fans may not be so vocal, but I’m not sure where that is.

I mean if this had happened with a Juve or Monaco player for example, fans of any English club would be up in arms if they tried to sign him imo.

Betson

I would have no major issue if he stayed at the club as I believe everyone with a sincere desire to change deserves a chance to start over when they fcuk up , especially someone so young.

But it is done now and we move up , wish him the best in his career and more importantly that he shows in the future that he really is a changed person.

And how the hell did it take the club this long to come a decision , it seems everything we do as a club is in slow motion.

Oranges038

Silly take. Most rival fans don't want him to play football because he is a prick. They wouldn't accept him in their club either.

Also, let's not be completely OTT here - he was an OK player. Nothing amazing.
He had the potential to be amazing and showed glimpses of what he could be capable of.

I genuinely don't understand people still trying to rationalise his behaviour and make excuses for him. He has pissed it all away through his own actions and stupidity.

The club has made the right call here. He has nobody to blame but himself for how his career has panned out. He can now feck off and play somewhere else if anywhere will have him.

Pearson

Exactly. His girlfriend wants to move on with him but the public moral police don't like that. What they are doing is equal to this: little girl, you are not mature enough and we want to protect you by destroying your man.

It is an absurd world.

Raven

So you think he had not paid a high price yet before he left United yesterday?
No fecking way! He's been on gardening leave collecting 10s of thousands a week from the club when he should have been rotting in prison.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
He had the potential to be amazing and showed glimpses of what he could be capable of.

I genuinely don't understand people still trying to rationalise his behaviour and make excuses for him. He has pissed it all away through his own actions and stupidity.

The club has made the right call here. He has nobody to blame but himself for how his career has panned out. He can now feck off and play somewhere else if anywhere will have him.
Agreed. He was roughly Januzaj level and clearly didn't have the right attitude to go further than that anyway. No loss.