Mason Greenwood | Please be respectful and stay on topic

bondsname

Good riddance. I feel so sorry for ********, I simply can’t envision she is happy. My gut is telling me it’s the classic case of a victim of abuse stays with the abuser, going great lengths to defend the abuser even. I really, really hope she is happy and Greenwood has turned things around and they can create a harmonious life for themselves and their child.

He contacted her illegally. I hope they had a good long, peaceful discussion and made up at that moment, not Greenwood aggressively contacting her and influencing her to drop the charges. we’ll never know.

I am glad to see this guy never play for our club again. No matter how they spin it the audio clip is enough for me to lose all respect.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Being made into a public pariah for something the prosecution has decided he did not do (their own wording new evidence) seem like one hell of a consequence.

Every instance that has actually had first hand account and information about this entire debacle have decided that the accusations do not hold water. And public opinion with no information beyond hearsay still pretends it knows best.

SirScholes

I won’t use the phrase ‘innocent’, but ALL charges on MG are dropped and his partner is now the mother of his child and his soon to be wife.

As far as Utd are concerned - they’re fine to bring him back, AND WERE ABOUT TO DO THAT.

They’ve gone out of their way to actually declare him innocent ffs.

They’ve basically had their policy dictated by Adam Crafter and Rachel Riley - whether or not that was the right decision.

They’ve not let him go ‘because they think he’s guilty’!:lol:

They’ve literally told you in their statement, bizarrely, that they categorically think he’s innocent!
Absolutely no chance

you’re naive to take that statement, would you be marrying a women who might of wrecked your career ?

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I don’t know what’s more offensive, you accusing close to 60% of the voting public of this forum of being immoral racists, or you also accusing them all of being English.

Either way, maybe don’t post in here again.
The english part offended me which confirms the deeply racist part.

Dr. StrangeHate

This is the correct decision.

It's sad the club needed such a long time to make the decision. They should have done this in February.
Decisions such as this shouldn't be rushed. The club were right in taking their time and gathering as much information as they could before coming to a conclusion.

AndySmith1990

It’s not like we didn’t witness Suarez and John Terry get away with vial acts and move on like nothing had happened.

Just saying.
They're all cnuts. I'm not in the habit of defending any footballer for vile behaviour, and I find it very disappointing that some are happy to turn a blind eye to it just to see their football team benefit

Hackman2210

you and the rest lamenting this decision: I wonder if you’d be so righteous if it were Dan Gore rather than Mason Greenwood. I think we all know the answer
I love dan gore - thats such an unfair comment. Mason greenwood is a young man before he's a footballer.

AFC NimbleThumb

Crafton dictated club policy. Zero backbone at the club. Whatever decision you make, whether it's right or wrong, don't let a journalist decide for you.
This./
Cant stand that idiot Carl Anka either. They asked him his initial thoughts about the Athletic piece when it broke the other day and he said something about just donating to a womens charity. Fair enough but the way and place he said it was like "Look at me and how good a person I am"
I’ve always liked him, nice to have a black guy in those spaces for me personally but that whole episode was a joke.

I can see Real and Barca going for him.
The football world does not care. . . He’ll be back in England in a few years with minimal fuss.

wolvored

Hes not been proved innocent or guilty. The charges were dropped because she backtracked and didnt want to press charges. The evidence was all there. Folks saying he was found innocent need a reality check.

laughtersassassin

Would be ideal if we could sell to Saudi for a top price and fund a really good new striker.

The Sun are saying Gerrard's team wants him. Fee approx 10 mil. But if there are multiple clubs that want him surely we shouldn't sell for such a shit price. If no one bids a good amount loan him and try sell next year for more

Getting rid is the right choice but no reason to not make back some good money on him if possible

Last edited:

Acquire Me

This./

I’ve always liked him, nice to have a black guy in those spaces for me personally but that whole episode was a joke.

The football world does not care. . . He’ll be back in England in a few years with minimal fuss.
Probably. If he gets going again he will soon enough be back. Our club just can’t catch a break.

AFC NimbleThumb

It’s not like we didn’t witness Suarez and John Terry get away with vial acts and move on like nothing had happened.

Just saying.
I’ve been trying my hardest not to equivocate these situations cause it’ll just turn into a sh*tshow but this has come to mind. Where were the journalists telling Chelsea & Liverpool fans how they must act in those situations. . .

Yorke to Cole

I can see Real and Barca going for him.
Surely, notbafter Spain win women's World Cup. If he does then I wish him the best for his future wherever he goes and that he puts the past behind him. It will be gutting to see a talent .eave though. But a poorly run club, so there you have it.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
If what Adam Crafton says is true, then Arnold comes out of this looking like the biggest fool in Manchester.
Imagine being the CEO of fecking Man Utd and being slapped around by Adam Crafter! :lol:

Even after Crafter’s got what he wanted he’s still battering Arnold ffs :lol:

Imagine this under Fergie! The club’s just become a complete joke, run by clowns.

SirScholes

Currently people are highlighting the angry reaction to this decision on social media but I have no doubt that over the past 2 years, Greenwood has seen the equally strong reaction to the idea of his return.

A tweet a few posts back also states the club wanted him back until as recently as last week. So why you think they are covering up that they think he did it makes no sense.

If anything, saying they think he did it and getting rid would have been the easiest option. Greenwood has no leverage here. His lawyers saying he woudm do this, or that carries no weight because had they concluded he had done it, they have grounds for dismissal on the ground of gross misconduct. That's the easy call.
Not really, not if he’s saying he’s innocent
If my place of work dismisses me on those grounds and im innocent, bet your ass I’m taking them to a tribunal

All I’m saying is, if he’s innocent, and marrying the women this happened to, I think I’d be having a conversation with her about helping me out here and maybe setting some records straight

NotThatSoph

Being made into a public pariah for something the prosecution has decided he did not do (their own wording new evidence) seem like one hell of a consequence.

Every instance that has actually had first hand account and information about this entire debacle have decided that the accusations do not hold water. And public opinion with no information beyond hearsay still pretends it knows best.
The prosecution did not at all decide that, stop.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
Would be ideal if we could sell to Saudi for a top price and fund a really good new striker
He will leave for very little if not for free. The club has no negotiation power at all. 11 days till the transfer window closes and the club needs him gone by then.

Mainoldo

They're all cnuts. I'm not in the habit of defending any footballer for vile behaviour, and I find it very disappointing that some are happy to turn a blind eye to it just to see their football team benefit
Some!! I would say a large majority. No one protest to stop Terry playing for England again. Rio got dropped instead… funnily enough. Suarez will still go on to be voted as one of the best strikers of this last generation and no one will ever bat an eyelid about his past…

I agree it’s disgusting but people move on and realise they didn’t really care like they thought they did.

The decision has been made we should just all move on. I find it unfair for anyone to continue to attack this kid unless we want to continue this same energy for all the past vile acts by players. John Terry included, who was free to be an assistant manager at Aston Villa with no issues.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
Read up on Babacar Sarr. Solskjær kept playing him and defending him when he was manager of Molde even though he was accused of rape by two women. He eventually helped him escape to Russia so he could avoid the trial. Sarr is still wanted by Interpol.
There's zero evidence that he helped him escape to Russia so I would be careful posting that if I was you. Sarr was sold after Ole had left Molde to be our interim manager.

The Irish Connection

Club Instagram and Facebook pages are getting battered with negative post about letting Greenwood go.
Might be a good idea to direct the energy into demanding a top quality replacement signing. That would ramp up the pressure on the Glazers to spend or piss off, and of course, they don’t have it to spend.

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
The board executive could have been influenced by public pressure.
The media could have influenced club policy.
But the end result is the correct one - Greenwood should advance his career elsewhere.

JagUTD

Hes not been proved innocent or guilty. The charges were dropped because she backtracked and didnt want to press charges. The evidence was all there. Folks saying he was found innocent need a reality check.
They also found significant new evidence which was reported at the time as a factor in the decision to drop the charges alongside the withdrawal of key witnesses.

Acquire Me

Read up on Babacar Sarr. Solskjær kept playing him and defending him when he was manager of Molde even though he was accused of rape by two women. He eventually helped him escape to Russia so he could avoid the trial. Sarr is still wanted by Interpol.
He did not.

SuperiorXI

Imagine being the CEO of fecking Man Utd and being slapped around by Adam Crafter! :lol:

Imagine this under Fergie! The club’s just become a complete joke, run by clowns.
The club is a clown show right now for sure. Fergie would have probably kidnapped his whole family. There's no doot abou tha.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
First of all we're Manchester United not Manchester City, whatever happens here is front page news, nobody gives a damn about what happens at City, they could've brought Mendy back to play and no one would've cared.
Second of all it happening to Mendy is equivalent to it happening to Brandon Williams for us.
What are you talking about? They are massive!! All 5 of their fans would have come to Emptyhad to celebrate.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Sarr was released by Molde following the initial trial which aquitted him due to a probability ruling by the judges that awarded the plaintiff monetary compensation but not criminal liability for the defendant as the burden of evidence is very strong in Norwegian courts. Sarr left the country after signing for a Russian club as a free agent while the appeal was in process.

This statement of yours is more than a little bit fake

Denis79

Good riddance. I feel so sorry for ********, I simply can’t envision she is happy. My gut is telling me it’s the classic case of a victim of abuse stays with the abuser, going great lengths to defend the abuser even. I really, really hope she is happy and Greenwood has turned things around and they can create a harmonious life for themselves and their child.

He contacted her illegally. I hope they had a good long, peaceful discussion and made up at that moment, not Greenwood aggressively contacting her and influencing her to drop the charges. we’ll never know.

I am glad to see this guy never play for our club again. No matter how they spin it the audio clip is enough for me to lose all respect.
I feel absolutely the same and sadly I don't believe this is the end of the abuse.

Mainoldo

I’ve been trying my hardest not to equivocate these situations cause it’ll just turn into a sh*tshow but this has come to mind. Where were the journalists telling Chelsea & Liverpool fans how they must act in those situations. . .
Well it doesn’t have to be explained but we all know the answer.

Eitherway neither are right but I suppose a few can chuckle how equality can easily be ruled with an iron fist if chosen to by those in key positions.

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich

This is simply a dishonest take, and I think you are aware of that.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
The prosecution did not at all decide that, stop.
They literally made a statement to that effect. Everyone are hampering on the withdrawal of the witness but ignore the so far unknown "new material"

"A decision has been made to discontinue prosecution in accordance with the Code of Crown Prosecutors."

A CPS spokesperson said: "We have a duty to keep cases under continuous review.

"In this case a combination of the withdrawal of key witnesses and new material that came to light meant there was no longer a realistic prospect of conviction. In these circumstances, we are under a duty to stop the case.

"We have explained our decision to all parties. We would always encourage any potential victims to come forward and report to police and we will prosecute wherever our legal test is met."

manutddjw

That's who should have been getting the love and sympathy from the beginning. But her needs are tossed aside by even her dirtbag father who would rather see her live through an openly toxic relationship for WAG status.

That's your Manchester problem right there. Absolutely shameful.

Fans were up in arms about a racist Arnautovich being signed too and thank goodness the club took note. If there's anyone that has to check themselves it's ETH and the seemingly blind eye to tarnishing the clubs reputation. Used to be a big deal for United to make sure the characters coming into the dressing room were right for the club.
Again you’re posting tons of assumptions that you do not have first hand knowledge unless you actually live with them or know her and her parents personally. Regardless of what has transpired or statements made from all parties who were actually involved or heard the full story (which you didn’t) you still believe what you want and nothing will change that.

Before you have a go at ETH about tarnishing this club, I suggest you look into how many times Keane was arrested or the circumstances surrounding why we had to wait on Kleberson transfer. The only difference is you couldn’t complain on twitter for likes and retweet’s so it was ignored.

the_cliff

What are you talking about? They are massive!! All 5 of their fans would have come to Emptyhad to celebrate.
I meant in the media. They have 115 charges against them and nobody in the media cares at all. You think if they brought Mendy back it would even get a mention ?

AFC NimbleThumb

Well it doesn’t have to be explained but we all know the answer.

Eitherway neither are right but I suppose a few can chuckle how equality can easily be ruled with an iron fist if chosen to by those in key positions.
The outcome is the outcome, my issue is how we got here. The precedent set is dangerous.

mu4c_20le

All because he got his hands on those plans. You can't make it up.

That_Bloke

Supports
Leicester City
He is most definitely not going to be playing for City. They fecked Mendy off to outer space within a week of his scandal:lol:
They know what they are doing.

They certainly had plans to boot him out of the club as soon as they legally could and thought of a way to satisfy both club and player (i.e. find him a club, preferably abroad) in case of a non-guilty verdict. Can't have this kind of players, litteral walking shitstorms, hanging around the club and the sooner you act the better, especially in Abu Dhabi's case and all what's thrown at them when it comes to women rights. No dilly-dallying, no ambiguous statements. Verdict acknowledged and the player was off-loaded to Lorient, a mid-table club in Ligue 1, less than a week later. End of the story.

People who think that big clubs in Europe will go for MG be it now or in five years, are completely deluded. They'd never hear the end of it.

Last edited: