Mason Greenwood (Please post respectfully)

Do you want Mason Greenwood to return next year ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Discussion is open again, including a poll.

Thread rules - Please try to keep it football focused. There will be absolutely zero tolerance on victim blaming of any kind or anything that could be vaguely construed as libelous. Violators will be subject to warnings and bans.

arnie_ni

If the club decide to bring him back ETH has to use him. I just hope the don't. Some things are bigger than football.

Nero

I welcome his return, top level talent who can help us be successful.

justboy68

Try to sell him abroad if we can. So let down by him. Was the most excited I'd been about an academy talent for years and years. I do believe in second chances but a harder, less glamorous one, not waltzing straight back in to Manchester United, wouldn't sit right at all. Someone in Italy will hopefully take him.

DutchSerb

Supports
FC Groningen
Respectfully I would want to see him back in the squad next season.

izec

The club needs to investigate it and find a conclusion. If they think he should be part of the squad, fine. Not sure how the squad will accept him, but i imagine this will be also part of it. If they bin him, great.

Tiber

He should have been sacked the instant the video came out

Man-United

I hope that everyone will vote No on this, otherwise hope is lost even on redcafe.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
If the wife & the law has forgiven him - I can forgive him.

Kinsella

Copy & Paste Merchant
I have to say I don’t like that ten Hag says that any return is not up to him.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Complicated situation but not sure it would sit right with me if he were to play for us again. That being said, I think there’s a chance he does play for us in pre-season to gauge fan sentiment.

We need an rvn

Fa cup final loss, not been allowed to post on him for months…has anything happened / statement from the club for us to post?

personally, get him back in asap

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
I won't comment yet but your poll allows multiple choice.

Edit: tagging for visibility unless the double option was intentional @Raoul

Mike Smalling

Wouldn't be a good look for the club to take him into the squad. Get rid and find alternatives.

rajds89

The bloke hasn’t kicked a ball in anger for the best part of 18 months. Anyone who thinks he will just walk back in to the game and continue where he left off is kidding themselves. For that reason (alone, honest) I don’t want the bloke anywhere near the club next season or beyond.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Best scenario is to part ways, get a fee for him and move on. I don't think a return would go down well with squad harmony.

Paul778

It will be interesting to see whether utd try to spin some stuff and work the situation to see if there is a way to make it palatable to the fans, womens team, media and sponsors.

Sell abroad seems to be the best option all around.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
He was selfish at times last time he played but he is ridiculously good. His touch and passing all over the pitch is already better than rashford.

He probably needs to get stronger and improve his decision making.

His finishing is so natural and smooth like RVP. He is the most talented youth player I've seen while supporting United.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
What is the question?

If its do you want him back it's not that black or white.

Currently, no.

If he comes out with some sort of explanation, depending on how good it is (ut would have to be brilliant) then I will consider it.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
I don't think he should play for Manchester United again and I judge people who do.

Don't think there's more to say without saying things that may be considered libelous or disrespectful to other posters.

Baxquux

I think this going to be fudged, with the prospective change in 'control' - if perhaps not (sadly) the actual, full departure of the Glazers - allowing someone else to carry the can. An interview, a donation, engagement photos, mention of community work... and a season-long loan to Atalanta to expedite the Ramus transfer which also 'lets the dust settle' and level of response ascertained.

Not really. If the players are happy to train and play with him, then ill accept it. Question will be is if he is good enough after almost two years totally out of football.

I didn't want him back at all originally, those clips were indefensible, but this is football in 2023, Chelsea happily employed a killer for years and Arsenal do their thing each week. There are worse people playing in this league and running it's boardrooms.

Man-United

Just my opinion but it's fecking disgusting that 40% of you who vote want him back.

feck off.

Blood Mage

I totally get the disgust towards him but if he commits to getting psychological help then I don't see why he can't get a second chance? It's clearly a more complicated situation between him and his girlfriend/fiance than some think.

Rustyspider13

Personally don't want to see him play for United again. The club should at the very least ask the staff and the players-the people who will spend a long time with him-how they feel about him coming back before making a decision.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Let's be honest about one thing, his development as a footballer will have 100% stunted after not playing for 18 months.

Might not even still have the ability he did.

No one knows if he's on shape or is physically ready to come back

Status
Not open for further replies.