Mason Greenwood (Please post respectfully)

Do you want Mason Greenwood to return next year ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

RedorDead21

My view too. Though some reports seem to suggest he's just an all around bad apple.
The video confirms that! We’ll lose sponsorship deals and fans…and rightly so. Perhaps the worst decision in the clubs history.

fallengt

Inappropriate Content
Well, we know he can smash very hard. Just need use the head and aim it at right direction.

saivet

I personally hope we never see him in a United shirt again. I can't dismiss the voice notes as being one of those things or a harmless misunderstanding.

From a football perspective, it would be great to have him back but I think it wouldn't send the right message if he comes back. For me the bigger picture is more important than the football.

Rake

He hasn't played in 1.5 years. Even if we disregard the other stuff, there is absolutely no guarantee he will be the player he was before the charges.

pascell

Don't want him back, should be sold.

If the club bring him back into the fold, I don't see it having a positive impression with sponsors.

He'd also need a good 6 months training to get anywhere near match fit.

HookedOnAPhelan

Difficult one. Am I completely wrong in feeling that the club needs to bear some responsibility for this situation, given that Greenwood has been with the club since he was 6 years old? Just binning him just doesn't sit right with me, for some reason. He's also a very young man still, and even though he's not being criminally prosecuted you could argue he's had a fair share of punishment given the ubiquitous media coverage.

I dunno. I just hope the club makes the right decision after their investigation, whatever that ends up being. But I don't necessarily think he's beyond salvation.

HarryP

Yes, otherwise the concept of innocent until proven guilty means very little and we are conducting trial by Twitter.

I think his return needs to be staggered, though. We cannot just announce he is back all of a sudden because it would cause a storm and spook sponsors. He will have to do an interview for starters.

flameinthesun

In my eye that is not a fair poll. For example my stance is that I will back what the club choose based on the fact that they will have more information than myself.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
What was the situation here? It feels very important in assessing the situation but I've not really kept up with things
She withdrew as a witness and is having his kid or sommat

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Ye I’m not sure this will go down well with most of the fan base and even the players. We’ve done pretty well without him so it would be a waste to bring him back and it upsets the dressing room. The convos would be awkward when they first see him again…

rajds89

Get him back he's our best golasscoerer and we are shit at scoring goals.
He hasn’t played or trained at a high level for 18 months or so. What makes you think he’d just walk back in to the team and continue where he left off?

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
What was the situation here? It feels very important in assessing the situation but I've not really kept up with things
As far as I know, The girlfriend has forgiven him and are now planning on getting married.

The law has dealt with it and the case is deemed finish.

Red Star One

Is there any chance we can still make money off him? He's still on the books officially, so if someone from abroad came knocking, we can get a fee? If so, sell him and grab these few millions. Otherwise let him go, marvellous talent but I think it's difficult to come back after such situation and I'm not sure if the dressing room needs a divisive figure there.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
I won't comment yet but your poll allows multiple choice.

Edit: tagging for visibility unless the double option was intentional @Raoul
Raoul won't see the tag as edited posts don't tag the person, but I've deleted and redone the poll as it didn't allow me to turn it from multiple choice to single:

Reactions: Raoul

Raoul

Admin
Staff
The poll was likely reset when I fixed the problem of being able to vote for both options. Not a big deal given that the thread is only a few minutes old.

Edit. Damien seems to have restarted it

Barthez

Yes, I’m sick of all these morals holding us back. I don’t condone what he said but I’m all for second chances.

CM

Send him on loan to Italy or wherever else abroad and then sell him next summer.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
All charges dropped with additional NEW EVIDENCE COMING TO LIGHT.

He should absolutely be allowed back ffs. Very little is known of what actually happened other than the police have dropped all charges on the basis of new evidence coming to light.

I know people meant well, but his trial by social media was fecking disgusting and surely had elements of subconscious racism in places.

He should be allowed to do his job, and if Utd don’t welcome him back, somewhere else will get one of the best young CF in World Football for nothing, who has very possibly done nothing wrong.

El Zoido

Would he even come back the same player? He’s been away for ages and I just couldn’t see it working, too much of a storm surrounding it. Even if the players were accepting, the fans wouldn’t be.

izec

Get him back he's our best golasscoerer and we are shit at scoring goals.
He would need a year to get used to professional football again. Nevermind all the issues around it. Major doubts he would come back to the level he was before at United. Probably needs to leave the country.

SAFMUTD

We could definitely use his talent and look his girlfriend already forgave him and they're back together. I don't see why other people can't.

The Hilton

The bloke hasn’t kicked a ball in anger for the best part of 18 months. Anyone who thinks he will just walk back in to the game and continue where he left off is kidding themselves. For that reason (alone, honest) I don’t want the bloke anywhere near the club next season or beyond.
Let's be honest about one thing, his development as a footballer will have 100% stunted after not playing for 18 months.

Might not even still have the ability he did.

No one knows if he's on shape or is physically ready to come back
If he doesn't play for us, he'll play for someone else, and he'll absolutely tear it up wherever he goes. He's a genuine generational talent.

Not to say that we should bring him back (I'd like a statement or more information from the club before I come down on a side really), but a footballer of his abilities will succeed in the game, the same way we've seen top players come back from long term injuries before.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
No. I could not support a football team with Mason Greenwood in it.

Red Star One

Yes, I’m sick of all these morals holding us back. I don’t condone what he said but I’m all for second chances.
I get it about the second chance thing, let's say, but also consider the rest of the club and the impact it would have on them. Do we need a drama next year and have this topic anywhere around Old Trafford?

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
The girl and he are having a kid and by all accounts are back together.

And he was not convicted of any charges.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
This is a real complicated issue. Personally, I think he needs some intense therapy. However, he would need to commit to this 100%.
Also, why don't we know why exactly the case didn't proceed? Is it a case of the victim not willing to testify or did they find some other evidence. This confuses me..

In any case, it's probably best we send him abroad.

Status
Not open for further replies.