Mason Mount | Confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
I think we should just wait and see if we could get Rabiot for free before we make our next move on Mount - probably 50+5m next and see how they response. If they reject we should just wait until final week of the window and offer them a tricky 55m bid without any add ons.

croadyman

I think we should just wait and see if we could get Rabiot for free before we make our next move on Mount - probably 50+5m next and see how they response. If they reject we should just wait until final week of the window and offer them a tricky 55m bid without any add ons.
Should get Rabiot too because don't see us getting Lavia/Caicedo and would get priced out for Barella like Newcastle did

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Should get Rabiot too because don't see us getting Lavia/Caicedo and would get priced out for Barella like Newcastle did
Oh yes that’s what I mean. We should secure another midfield signing first to give us an upper hand in negotiation within Chelsea on Mount.

croadyman

Oh yes that’s what I mean. We should secure another midfield signing first to give us an upper hand in negotiation within Chelsea on Mount.
Well looking in the Rabiot thread his decision is expected in coming days so might get some movement next week

Giggsy13

The obsession with Rabiot is odd given the baggage that comes along with him and his reported astronomical demands, which stopped a move from materializing last season.

MUFC OK

He's not English though, so that ticks a lot of boxes for some on here.
The homegrown quota is defo a factor though, especially if we are shipping tianzebe, jones, Williams, Maguire, elanga. It does seem that Mount is the profile that ETH wants. Easy to forget how good he was for Chelsea and I think that at around 50-55 this is an okay signing for us. Wouldn’t have been my choice but I’m fine with it. Problem is how much of our budget this takes up. First team players for top 4 clubs are at least 60m, just have no idea how we will spend our funds.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
The obsession with Rabiot is odd given the baggage that comes along with him and his reported astronomical demands, which stopped a move from materializing last season.
Well he is free isn’t he, which would help us in FFP and the thing is he has a fine season at Juventus and could play both no.8 and no.6 role, and may cover for Casemiro position at times. I also feel he is ETH type of player as he is also a baller and good at progressive carries.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
This probably gets done by next week. Who’s the 2nd player we’ll be going after once this is done? Hojlund, rice, Kane . Onana.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
This probably gets done by next week. Who’s the 2nd player we’ll be going after once this is done? Hojlund, rice, Kane . Onana.
Hopefully we wrap up Onana. I have little faith in us securing a keeper who excels at distribution and harbour fears of DDG continuing. On CF I’m not seeing any standout option so I’m more open to seeing whatever happens.

croadyman

Hopefully we wrap up Onana. I have little faith in us securing a keeper who excels at distribution and harbour fears of DDG continuing. On CF I’m not seeing any standout option so I’m more open to seeing whatever happens.
Kane surely stands out or are you ignoring him as you don't think we have any chance anyway

Mainoldo

I don’t need to, the club paying 60m will.
Are you paid by United? It’s impressive how much you go to bat for our management on every issue. They need to hire you for PR
I really don’t intend to… but some of the post are so stupid it’s hard to bat for the negative side.

This whole place this summer seems to be obsessed with ETH going for the players they like, lt’s funny to read.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
I really don’t intend to… but some of the post are so stupid it’s hard to bat for the negative side.

This whole place this summer seems to be obsessed with ETH going for the players they like, lt’s funny to read.
Spot on. People are saying things like “don’t sign Mount, sign Caicedo”, which is not only missing the differentials in price but it’s also comparing two completely different players who would necessitate different tactical approaches. So it’s not just an indictment of the player ETH is going for but it’s also an indictment of his tactics and saying they want us to play a different way. Furthermore it’s presented as some sort of negligence on behalf of management to buy a player suited to the way they want to play, rather than signing a player a fan wants and changing their tactical approach to suit that signing.

You are right to say how remarkably stupid some of the posts are on here. I’m fairly sure I am in the minority on here in being excited not only by potentially getting a player of Mounts’ quality, but also to be potentially getting a player that the manager has identified as taking him closer to his vision.

Kingslayer18

I think everyone mostly agrees Mount is a good player. It's more the fact we're potentially paying up to 55m for a player in his last year of contract, where there are no other bidders except us. A more competent negotiating team would be able to secure this transfer at 50m tops. It's more important we have a hard cap on the price and stick to it. If next bid doesn't get accepted, tell the player to wait and get him on a free next summer on at half the potential fee in Jan.

cyberman

I think everyone mostly agrees Mount is a good player. It's more the fact we're potentially paying up to 55m for a player in his last year of contract, where there are no other bidders except us. A more competent negotiating team would be able to secure this transfer at 50m tops. It's more important we have a hard cap on the price and stick to it. If next bid doesn't get accepted, tell the player to wait and get him on a free next summer on at half the potential fee in Jan.
There are other bidders, he’s just decided to join us. If we don’t pay then Liverpool and Arsenal could easily step in.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
There are other bidders, he’s just decided to join us. If we don’t pay then Liverpool and Arsenal could easily step in.
I really don't see us being willing to pay a price that your lot aren't willing to pay.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
There's no other bidders because both Arsenal and Liverpool were rejected by Mount and he wants to join United.

Sparky Rhiwabon

I don’t think they would pay the sort of money we are offering. I think Liverpool were interested but probably at around £30m or so. Once they realised that Chelsea wanted much more, they moved in and signed MacAllister for £37m

Kostov

Nobody will easily step in for 50m Mount on the last year of his contract. Especially Liverpool who got the Alexis guy for 35m pounds.

RatPack

I have 3 problems with signing Mount.

- In my opinion he was an above average player more than a year ago. But was never so good he should be our main purchase this window.
- He has not been any good for over a year now (different reasons). But some players never get back to the best after a long drop in performance.
- He will have to play out of his best position in a double 8 with Bruno who will then also be out of position.

Playing with two "10" ahead of Casemiro will put a lot of pressure on him with higher risk of yellow cards and missing games. But should be fun to watch the games this year (lot of goals).
Guess we can then play Eriksen as a 6 with Mount and Bruno in front of him. Just require some miracles from our GK and CB then :-)

AbusementPark

Operates the Unfairest Wheel
I would say our next port of call will be Onana, DDG isn’t signing a new deal with us and I expect him to leave as it doesn’t look like he will reduce his demands enough to sign an extension.

Josep Dowling

Have you not heard of Real Madrid.

Manchester United is not the only football club in the world. It’s just the only club we pay the most attention too. Get a grip.
The Real Madrid that spend big but also win their league and Champions League on a regular basis and just recently invested in their brand new stadium? There is no comparison between Manchester United and Real Madrid.

Jimmy Greenhoff's Chest

He may be in the last year of his contract but he's only 24, so has resale value if needed, that needs to be factored in. Given the fee they paid for Sterling was £47.5m, 3 years older, and he'll have little to no resale value, £55m doesn't sound too bad.

Kingslayer18

No, they are not. Liverpool have got McAllister, they're not going in for Mount now. Neither are Arsenal, after having bought Havertz who is going to play AM. I repeat, we are the only bidders in for him

cyberman

I really don't see us being willing to pay a price that your lot aren't willing to pay.
But you wouldn’t be far off from where our two bids have been if Mount wanted to join Liverpool
I’m just saying it wasn’t a one horse race as it’s made out to be.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
I hope £55m is our last bid. Even that doesn't seem like a great deal tbh.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Well have to admit I was wrong about this, thought he was definitely angling for a new deal. Chelsea must have really pissed him off.

I think this get's done and hope he's a great success - I've definitely warmed to him, as I was very sceptical about what he could bring originally.

Status
Not open for further replies.