Mason Mount | Confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yakuza_devils

He is like last season FDJ as our top target. But this looks like it's going to be resolved quickly rather than we wasted all summer on FDJ.

Hope we can then move on to a top striker. It should be our next priority. Finally, a ball playing GK.

If we have money left go for a CB too considering Maguire is leaving.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Chelsea have played a blinder with this one. To get £55m+ for a player that was decent at his best but had been pretty poor for a while, in the last year of his contract, is very good business on their part. We'd be saying we'd be happy to take £15m if the shoe was on the other foot. In fact I'd say he's not too dissimilar to Lingard, who had a good season at West Ham.

Hell we've got fans saying they'd take £30m for Sancho, who I would say is more talented and has a better potential upside if he reaches his previous levels, or his potential.

glasgow 21

A lot of you seem fairly confident we're getting Rabiot on a free - is this just wishful conjecture or are we actually in for him?
Absolutely, my sister's pal who works at a pub says the taxi driver's mate definitely confirmed we were in for him. Thats enough for me, anyhows.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
You're no longer sceptical on what he can bring because it looks like it might actually happen?
No, more with a lot of people posting how he would play as the attacking 8. Provided that's how we intend to play, think he can offer a lot of versatility too.

Bondi77

He is like last season FDJ as our top target. But this looks like it's going to be resolved quickly rather than we wasted all summer on FDJ.

Hope we can then move on to a top striker. It should be our next priority. Finally, a ball playing GK.

If we have money left go for a CB too considering Maguire is leaving.
Which club is Harry going to?

Zed 101

Can they put his best season that is 21/22 as best vs best comparison wheel.
No wheel but this is kind of interesting
Mason Mount 21/22Alexis Mac Allister 22/23
GeneralTotalPer 90 MinutesPercentileTotalPer 90 MinutesPercentile
Matches Played
32​
N/A
95​
35​
N/A
88​
Minutes
2365​
74 min' per appearance
94​
2886​
82 min' per appearance
90​
Matches Started
27​
N/A
94​
31​
N/A
86​
Matches Subbed In
5​
N/A
4​
N/A
Matches Subbed Out
1​
N/A
3​
N/A
Goals Scored
11​
0.42​
92​
10​
0.31​
89​
Goal Involvement
21​
0.8​
96​
12​
0.37​
81​
Expected Goals (xG)
8.47​
0.32​
91​
8.01​
0.26​
89​
Non-Penalty xG (npxG)
7.77​
0.29​
92​
4.51​
0.14​
75​
Minutes Per Goal215 min' / goal289 min' / goal
Shots Taken
55​
2.07​
90​
64​
2.05​
91​
Shots On Target
52%​
1.09​
91​
51.50%​
1.06​
91​
Shot Conversion Rate
20.00%​
81​
14.06%​
64​
Shot Accuracy
52.73%​
76​
51.56%​
75​
Shots Per Goal Scored
5​
7.11​
Assists
10​
0.38​
96​
2​
0.06​
55​
Expected Assists (xA)
9.99​
0.38​
97​
5.25​
0.17​
72​
Passes
1115​
42.02​
64​
1707​
54.63​
89​
Pass Completion Rate
85.38%​
82​
87.05%​
91​
Key Passes
58​
2.19​
95​
43​
1.38​
81​
Crosses
153​
5.77​
95​
27​
0.86​
50​
Cross Completion Rate
28.10%​
74​
29.63%​
77​
Minutes Per Assist237 min' / assist1443 min' / assist
Dribbles
42​
1.58​
70​
59​
1.89​
74​
Dribble Success Rate
42.86%​
44​
64.41%​
77​
Dispossesed
34​
1.28​
23​
31​
0.99​
38​
Offsides
5​
0.19​
74​
0​
0​
39​
Yellow Cards
4​
8​
Red Cards
0​
0​
Total Cards
4​
0.15​
45​
8​
0.25​
66​
Minutes Per Booking591 min' / card
80​
361 min' / card
46​
Fouls Committed
30​
1.13​
54​
33​
1.06​
49​
Fouled Against
23​
0.87​
47​
56​
1.79​
86​
Tackles
41​
1.55​
59​
67​
2.14​
79​
Interceptions
13​
0.49​
34​
20​
0.64​
41​
Ground Duels
230​
8.67​
49​
317​
10.15​
61​
Ground Duels Won
88​
3.32​
25​
185​
5.92​
79​
Aerial Duels Won
6​
0.23​
13​
24​
0.77​
36​
Dribbled Past
24​
0.9​
24​
34​
1.09​
17​
Clearances
11​
0.41​
20​
9​
0.29​
10​
Shots Blocked
3​
0.11​
42​
2​
0.06​
26​

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Chelsea have played a blinder with this one. To get £55m+ for a player that was decent at his best but had been pretty poor for a while, in the last year of his contract, is very good business on their part. We'd be saying we'd be happy to take £15m if the shoe was on the other foot. In fact I'd say he's not too dissimilar to Lingard, who had a good season at West Ham.

Hell we've got fans saying they'd take £30m for Sancho, who I would say is more talented and has a better potential upside if he reaches his previous levels, or his potential.
No chance. He’s more like their Rashford of a year and a half back than Lingard.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea

Come on, Mount has been one of the best players at Chelsea since 2019. Was a crucial player in CL winning team. Lingard was, at best, a decent squad player for United with the occasional sparkling performances sprinkled in, no? A better Chelsea comp for Lingard would be Loftus-Cheek.

Infra-red

I'm not really a fan - he's a mediocre player in my view and not a particularly good fit in a midfield three with Casemiro and Bruno. Having said all that, if he's Ten Hag's first choice, I'm pleased that the club is backing our (very capable) manager.

gajender

I like Mount, so I hope we get this done. Mount can cover for Bruno and Eriksen, and be a starter where we need more energy in the midfield. In a pinch he can tackle and defend too. More importantly, I think he's one of those people who'll always give you a 6-7/10 performance... That consistency will be huge for us.

A midfield with options of Eriksen, Mount, Fred, Bruno, Casemiro, AND TOM HUDDLESTONE will give us a solid set of options depending on our setup.
He is not coming here as rotation option , he is the primary midfield target for Ten Hag this summer he will a starter depending on the form and fitness if he signs .

zaafi

So what? What does a fan vote have to do with anything? The more important is the player fit and what he brings. For £55m what are we getting? A guy that runs a lot but rarely creates anything?
Wow, you clearly don't know him. Last season he had 11 goals and 10 assists in like 2300 minutes. That's better numbers than Bruno if you exclude Bruno's penalties in even less minutes.
He was also second in chances created the season before, only beaten by Bruno.

"A guy that runs a lot but barely creates" ffs :lol:

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
That's a flawed comparison, mainly because Liverpool's front 3 of Salah, Firmino and Mane were far better than anything we have and so could compensate for less creativity from midfield (and I include Rashford - great season but he's a tier below Mane or Salah).

And of course having Klopp manage them.
It's not really relevant to the broader point I was making about not overly focusing on City, but while you're right that that Liverpool attack clearly had better players than ours currently does, a Casemiro/Bruno/Mount midfield is also (on a individual player by player basis at least) clearly better than any combination of midfielders they had during that period. And we are still looking to strengthen other positions, including CF. There's nothing stopping us from building to a similarly strong team.

It's all about how well it gels and whether it builds into something greater than the sum of its parts, as all quality teams should.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
So what? What does a fan vote have to do with anything? The more important is the player fit and what he brings. For £55m what are we getting? A guy that runs a lot but rarely creates anything?
He is among the best players when it comes to expected assists, except last season.

I think @TheMagicFoolBus posted another stat, only 3 players had better expected assists than Mount in last 2-3 years.

jackal&hyde

I hope we get him and I can not wait to see us transition from the mostly defensive double pivot we've had since the toxic one, into a more possession and dominant double 8. If we also get the GK and striker this will be the biggest transformation in style since going from 442 to 433 under SAF.

hobbers

Hard to reconcile spending £55m on Mount to help Chelsea sign Caicedo and Enzo.

Casemiro was already showing signs of flagging post-League cup last season and aint getting any younger. Meanwhile Chelsea sign Enzo and Caicedo. Arsenal sign Rice and maybe Lavia. Rodri is only 27 and City are still signing Kovacic and trying to rival for Rice.

We're just going to get left so far behind.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Hard to reconcile spending £55m on Mount to help Chelsea sign Caicedo and Enzo.

Casemiro was already showing signs of flagging post-League cup last season and aint getting any younger. Meanwhile Chelsea sign Enzo and Caicedo. Arsenal sign Rice and maybe Lavia

We're just going to get left so far behind.
Only one of the rival signings you've mentioned have actually happened.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
suddenly almost everyone’s a fan and Chelsea supporters POTY is a ballon dor
So they did better research since he is linked with move?

Almost everyone is a fan? There is a huge split on whether we need him and somehow everyone is a fan.

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
Mount need to be better than prime scholes to convince many of cafe members it seems. Rarely create anything like quotes came. :lol:.

But one thing you can count on him he never afraid of facing the challenge. He will be great for you guys. Will make time to watch United games as well if he signs for you.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
suddenly almost everyone’s a fan and Chelsea supporters POTY is a ballon dor
People are allowed to changed their minds.

Most will have barely thought much about Mount, and for many the times they have will have been in relation to a less than thrilling England midfield. It's hardly surprising their impression of him might change across a 155 page thread in which others who've seen more of him argue in his favour.

Shark

@NotShark
Mount need to be better than prime scholes to convince many of cafe members it seems. Rarely create anything like quotes came. :lol:.

But one thing you can count on him he never afraid of facing the challenge. He will be great for you guys. Will make time to watch United games as well if he signs for you.
Nobody expects him to be better than prime Scholes, but surely that should be the standard? there's nothing wrong with wanting players like Scholes in our midfield if we want to even dream of competing at the very top again.

Tiber

Still hard to get excited about this, especially when Chelsea will.just replace him with Caicedo and either Arsenal or City will get Rice

jackal&hyde

Said 60m including add-ons the other day, looks more and more likely. Obviously over priced but he is a good addition.
Why? How much is a first 11 player at 24 yo, English, for us worth? The value of it can only be decided in time given his performance and importance.

It seems like what some people don't want to accept is that Mount is not a make the numbers player but a critical piece in ETHs mind for the first 11.

gajender

And that happened long back.
And Some How Mount sale would retrospectively fund Enzo purchase as well along with Caicedo in future .

Going by this rate Mount's transfer fee might surpass Mythical Coutinho's fee which ended up funding God knows how many Liverpool's transfer windows .

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
He is among the best players when it comes to expected assists, except last season.

I think @TheMagicFoolBus posted another stat, only 3 players had better expected assists than Mount in last 2-3 years.
Yeah he's very very good at creating chances. Also he's a great taker of set pieces - I don't think it's a coincidence at all that we were far less threatening from corners this year with Mount injured for most of the second half.

Judas

Open to offers
Why? How much is a first 11 player at 24 yo, English, for us worth? The value of it can only be decided in time given his performance and importance.

It seems like what some people don't want to accept is that Mount is not a make the numbers player but a critical piece in ETHs mind for the first 11.
I think on his last year, 50m should be more than enough. But we're not talking a grossly over the top price now if we get him for 60. The early chat of 85m was mental.

jackal&hyde

Still hard to get excited about this, especially when Chelsea will.just replace him with Caicedo and either Arsenal or City will get Rice
We have Casemiro that is better then both Rice and Caicedo. It is a wrong comparison. We are 99% moving away from the double pivot.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
And Some How Mount sale would retrospectively fund Enzo purchase as well along with Caicedo in future .

Going by this rate Mount's transfer fee might surpass Mythical Coutinho's fee which ended funding God knows how many Liverpool's transfer windows .
They are signing Enzo and Caciedo for £55m - unreal

davidmichael

I think it’s clear Mount won’t be signing a new contract so why not go all in for Caicedo or Rice now then in for Mount in January when he’d probably be available for £15-£20 million ?

I do like that we do walk away from deals if they look like they’re dragging now like we did with De Jong eventually and moved on to Casemiro then Timber and moved on to Martinez.

Signing one of Rice or Caicedo then Rabiot on a free transforms our midfield which would then allow us to move McFred and VDB on, we could then move on to Mount in January or even on a free next summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.