Mason Mount | Confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
A poll on who actually wants Mount here would be interesting; looks overwhelmingly like a player the majority don’t want here, let alone at the absurd fees being quoted.

reelworld

Why is every single one of your posts condescending and seemingly looking down at everyone on here? Its exhausting to read, and surely someone as godly and wise must be tired of all us idiots?
It's more exhausting to me to read many more posts complaining how United would bent over and throw money at Chelsea!

OrcaFat

I mean all teams do have a pre-agreement of terms with players even before the clubs have agreed a fee. You just agree it with the player a year in advance and can only have a “handshake” agreement till January when you can make it official.
Well yes but these things aren’t binding; if it’s a handshake it’s an agreement in principle only (any more than that is not allowed).

I believe we have an agreement in principle with Mount now anyway. We couldn’t do any more than we’ve already done. He would still be free to do what he likes, including sign for Chelsea again.

All that said, I don’t think we would be pre-disposed to waiting a year. If we can’t get him for an acceptable price now I think we’ll go a different way.

Nori-

The general feeling among fans is we are being ripped off and its time to walk away.

ETH can't want Mount that desperately that he would jeopardise funds for more important positions?

Bring in a young player with potential to fill the gap until next year, focus on other positions and get Mount on a free next summer.

Knowing us though, we will wait until the last day of the window and pay Chelsea £85m.

DevilRed

Or we can try to sign Mount in January for reduced fee.
It would make sense. He wouldn't even be cup tied for Europe.

A smart move would be to go for (and sign) Caicedo, then agree a precontract (at slightly improved terms) with Mason and get him in the summer. All this while hamstringing chelsea with an unhappy core team member and hampering their ability to target additional players they need.

However in reality, I'm sure we come to a compromise and end up paying 60m. Which will fulfil our annual quota of getting fleeced at least once. Most would believe that to be the logical thing to happen. But who knows with BOTH our sides of incompetent management. Those idiots might continue to do us a favor and keep rejecting.

Judas

Open to offers
Bit like Timber, if we don't sign Mount this summer, I think it's fair to say things will be different in a years time, and he probably won't be bought by us.

croadyman

While true, that doesn't mean we should just give him whatever player he wants. His talent id was questioned last summer too and identifying transfer targets shouldn't be his primary job, nor should he be the one driving it.

The way I see it, Murtough should be the one driving our transfer strategy with the endorsement and input of ETH.

As many have said before Mane and Salah were not Klopp's first choice signings (he preferred Gotze and Brandt) but the recruitment team made the decision to go for them anyway.
Yeah it's why the recruitment team needs some experienced but ruthless negotiators

cyberman

The general feeling among fans is we are being ripped off and its time to walk away.

ETH can't want Mount that desperately that he would jeopardise funds for more important positions?

Bring in a young player with potential to fill the gap until next year, focus on other positions and get Mount on a free next summer.

Knowing us though, we will wait until the last day of the window and pay Chelsea £85m.
I don’t understand posts like these. We aren’t the ones who upped the asking fee nor have we paid 85m cause we’re shit!! So shit!! .
United can still get this down by messing around with payment structure etc. no point in shitting on United when we haven’t fecked anything up yet

cyberman

Bit like Timber, if we don't sign Mount this summer, I think it's fair to say things will be different in a years time, and he probably won't be bought by us.
If Timber was free and wanted to come this summer he would already be a United player

DevilRed

PL clubs aren't allowed to enter pre contract agreements with the players of other PL clubs until they're in the last month of their contract.
We're also not supposed to be speaking with Mount but somehow we've magically agreed personal terms already.

There are obviously plenty of ways around it.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Ugh just leave it and put the money toward Kane, FFS.

We’ve not had a World Class striker in so long.

Mason Mount isn’t needed, NO ONE was saying we should go after him at the seasons end. Mac Allister has just somehow gone to the dippers for a fraction of the price.

Deep down, we know how this transfer will end up going if he comes here… this is another daft, bizarre Utd transfer that everyone looks back at and says ‘why!?’,

Just buy Kane, please FFS, just leave this and buy Kane.

christy87

Supports
Dipping tea in toast
Difference is in this scenario, Mount is really pushing for the move so I can see this finding some sort of resolution next week
I put it on the back boiler for this exact reason, everyone knows he wants us or free agency next summer, we have the strong position, we could get him for 40 in a month

Halftrack

We're also not supposed to be speaking with Mount but somehow we've magically agreed personal terms already.

There are obviously plenty of ways around it.
We've agreed personal terms because Chelsea gave us permission to talk to the player.

Nori-

I don’t understand posts like these. We aren’t the ones who upped the asking fee nor have we paid 85m cause we’re shit!! So shit!! .
United can still get this down by messing around with payment structure etc. no point in shitting on United when we haven’t fecked anything up yet
The problem isn't that Chelsea want £85m, it's that we always put all our eggs in one basket and are then cornered into paying stupid money.

We could have got McAllister for £37m if we pushed early, Tielmans or Rabiot on a free could have done the job until next summer, Vitinha who PSG snapped up early, there's tonnes of options out there.

Instead we focus on one player, make it obvious, then end up being ripped off. It happens every summer with most clubs we deal with. Nothing to do with Chelsea, they just know we are a walk over.

croadyman

Yeah that's exactly what we should do but you know Utd are suckers for caving in,just look at AWB,Maguire & Antony to see it

saivet

Yeah it's why the recruitment team needs some experienced but ruthless negotiators
Exactly and for me, I'm not going to blame ETH for any transfer activity this summer or moving forward. He can want any player for all I care but our recruitment team is there to support him not cave into every demands of either the manager or other clubs.

DevilRed

Sadly its been radio silence from that lot. He doesn't seem to particularly want to move to us. At least not to the point where he would come out publicly. Still time to be wrong and there may be things going on behind the scenes, but there hasn't been a peep from him or his brother this summer

croadyman

Sadly its been radio silence from that lot. He doesn't seem to particularly want to move to us. At least not to the point where he would come out publicly. Still time to be wrong and there may be things going on behind the scenes, but there hasn't been a peep from him or his brother this summer
Yeah very quiet indeed which was a complete contrast to when he wanted to join City

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Exactly and for me, I'm not going to blame ETH for any transfer activity this summer or moving forward. He can want any player for all I care but our recruitment team is there to support him not cave into every demands of either the manager or other clubs.
ETH must take a good deal of responsibility for transfers - good or bad.

He could’ve said to the board ‘No, don’t pay 90m for Antony, we’ll find an alternative and keep 30m’.

He could and should have said that.

And if Mason Mount gets signed for anything more than 45m, again he could say, ‘no’.

The budget is VERY limited and this window is crucial.

I do really like ETH, let me say that again before the **** wade in - I REALLY LIKE ETH - but I do think there are red flags to some of his behaviour in the transfer market.

And this proposed transfer, particularly on a limited budget, has a lot of red flags around it imo.

Jeffthered

Ok. Like who? When?

Can we think practically here....

DevilRed

He could’ve said to the board ‘No, don’t pay 90m for Antony, we’ll find an alternative and keep 30m’.

And if Mason Mount gets signed for anything more than 45m, again he could say, ‘no’.

I do really like ETH, let me say that again before the **** wade in - I REALLY LIKE ETH - but I do think there are red flags to some of his behaviour in the transfer market.

And this proposed transfer, particularly on a limited budget, has a lot of red flags around it imo.
Well the hope is that if we get new owners, this will change for the better.

Our entire summer is entirely at the whim of the glazers and their ridiculous decision making.

croadyman

Yeah this is a very valid concern on transfers

croadyman

Well the hope is that if we get new owners, this will change for the better.

Our entire summer is entirely at the whim of the glazers and their ridiculous decision making.
Yeah just maybe by new year we will have our first window without those leeches since 2005

caid

I think if he doesnt move this month, it's very possible that Man United fill up whatever space they had for him and he extends his contract.
I get that. I don't think it looks good with some of his statements. Probably a player worth gambling on to some extent.
We filled up the space we had for Sancho with Amad and Pellestri, then brought in Antony a year after him. Expecting rational behaviour from us seems misguided.

el3mel

The tweet above says Mount is his preferred option. That on its own is a good reason why this is dragging out for a player that's clearly not worth it.

reelworld

I think if he doesnt move this month, it's very possible that Man United fill up whatever space they had for him and he extends his contract.
I don't think so. Even if United signed another player instead of Mount this summer, we still need more quality options in midfield. Right now the options are Case, Bruno, Eriksen, Fred and McT. The only United standard for first choice are the first 2, Eriksen is a rotational player at best, and the last two aren't up to it and would need to be moved as soon as possible.
So yeah, even if it's next season, I'm pretty sure United can still find a place for Mount on the team.

croadyman

I don't think so. Even if United signed another player instead of Mount this summer, we still need more quality options in midfield. Right now the options are Case, Bruno, Eriksen, Fred and McT. The only United standard for first choice are the first 2, Eriksen is a rotational player at best, and the last two aren't up to it and would need to be moved as soon as possible.
So yeah, even if it's next season, I'm pretty sure United can still find a place for Mount on the team.
Yeah ideally we need to sell Fred & McTominay and bring in someone who has flexibility to cover & partner Casa,player who can progress in from deep and Mount. Obviously we don’t get all three this summer so if you had to choose two?

Status
Not open for further replies.