Mason Mount | Confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zed 101

Think he will prove to be a great signing, when we have Bruno and Mount up there in the stats as the best midfielders in the league

ShinjiNinja26

Stop with this 'we funded Caicedo' shit, if they want Caicedo, they would have bought him even if Mount stayed.
Yeah probably. We’ve just made it a whole lot easier though. Chelsea were prepared to offer £80m for him, if Brighton play hardball and want the extra £10-20m, guess where that will be readily available from? I’m more pissed off we weren’t in for him in the first place so I’m probably just a bit bitter they’ll be signing him instead. I trust ETH though so if he thinks Mounts the man for the job then I’m all for it.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
The comments are so laughable here. We paid 55m for Bruno pre-covid. Arsenal paid 65 for Havertz. Spurs paid 40m for a player who has been relegated .

PL proven.
Home grown.
English
Chelsea previous player of the year.
Coming from a rival club.

Seriously, are you guys expecting a free transfer?

SteveCoppellFan

I dont really care if we get bent over when it comes to transfer fees this summer ( nothing new anyway ) but once the new owners come in we will finally see a better system when it comes to negotiating these types of things.

The club is currently run by complete amateurs and everyone knows it.

Things are about to change ( hopefully ! )

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Glad to get it done, paying slightly over the odds, but to be expected. I hope he proves to be a big hit, I do have my doubts, but in Erik we trust.

Kaos

An actual signing!

Now if we can get Onana wrapped up before the tour that would be grand. Ideally someone like Hojlund too, otherwise we'll just use Martial as a placeholder before he inevitably gets injured stepping off the plane.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
The comments are so laughable here. We paid 55m for Bruno pre-covid. Arsenal paid 65 for Havertz. Spurs paid 40m for a player who has been relegated .

PL proven.
Home grown.
English
Chelsea previous player of the year.
Coming from a rival club.

Seriously, are you guys expecting a free transfer?
Some fans just want to be negative of everything, that’s what the last 10 years has done to some

Valencia Shin Crosses

So what if he's just had his, worst season? The entire Chelsea team did. They finished 12. It's not stopped city and arsenal each buying a player from them. We weren't the only big club to want Mount either. Clearly he's highly rated by those who know a bit about football
So because other clubs are interested in the same player means it's a good deal? Christ how about some autonomy. I hate that reasoning. And the Arsenal Havertz deal is hilarious, that's a terrible example. City meanwhile got Kovacic for pennies who is probably the best non-Enzo Chelsea midfielder anyways, pretty bad example there. My point isn't "oh Chelsea sucks why do we want a player from them", it's "why are we letting them leverage us when in reality we should hold the leverage?"
Don’t understand why so many here worry about the price. Would 60m be okay if he had 2 years of contract left ?
We are screwed if we don’t score enough goals next season and Mount would help us with that , atleast that’s what Eth thinks.
Terrible way of looking at transfers in general unless you are already a complete team adding a final piece, but especially when you're a rebuilding club working on a limited budget. That's fecking awful logic.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Neutral on this. I honestly don't see it with him as a player but a lot of people do, but I suppose you have to back the manager.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Mixed feelings about it. I think individually, Mount is a decent-ish player.

I just don’t see how he’s a good tactical fit with what we have in the midfield currently. Let’s hope it works out.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I still don't see with Mount. I know Chelsea rate and I read things about him but this just doesn't excite me. Hope he proves me wrong

Raw

Glad to get this done relatively early. Honestly wouldn't have picked him as a target but if ETH wants him then I'll back him.

Onto the next!

Valencia Shin Crosses

I dont really care if we get bent over when it comes to transfer fees this summer ( nothing new anyway ) but once the new owners come in we will finally see a better system when it comes to negotiating these types of things.

The club is currently run by complete amateurs and everyone knows it.

Things are about to change ( hopefully ! )
This is my biggest hope, alongside getting an actual recruitment department/ DOF that's sole strategy isn't "Oi Erik who do you fancy mate?"

Obviously the debt stuff is huge too to get rid of with new owners, but yeah our actual backroom structure is miles behind other clubs in competency.

saivet

Worry about the balance of our midfield bringing him in but let's see how it goes. My expectations aren't high, so hopefully should be pretty easy for Mount to prove me wrong.

Kag

If you’re complaining about the fee then you’re a halfwit. Genuinely.

Maddison, who is two years older and now a Championship player, has just gone for forty million. Havertz, who is comfortably worse than Mount, ten million more.

The fee is about right.

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
Slight hope of keeping him over. Good luck to him for his new adventure. Manutd fans will see why chelsea fans rate him much.

He moved out of his comfort zone and want to take on the challenge as manutd player. Now nobody will say he is teacher s pet or get preferential treatment because local boy.

Clearly ETH rates him so why united board took the extra step.See him as important piece to his evolving team strategy.

Orange Tree

Ffs, our initial valuation was already too high to begin with.

He is a decent player, but not worth the asking price, especially considering his contract situation. It's double what City paid for Kovacic.

Let's just hope he delivers.

bosskeano

Mixed feelings about it. I think individually, Mount is a decent-ish player.

I just don’t see how he’s a good tactical fit with what we have in the midfield currently. Let’s hope it works out.
he's a younger version of Eriksen....so he's not a bad fit for what EtH wants to do tactically

if we went 55+5m that tells me there must have been some compromise on the payment structure

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Apparently we've managed to sneak another Ballon d'Or clause in, how thick are Chelsea?

daveskimufc

Saying that, I've now got to start liking him as I've always been fuming whenever he's started for England. Hopefully there's a Salah post-Chelsea style rebirth at United.
I'm with you, it's because I don't know what he does, for England at least, he wants to be in the deeper positions and look to hit a striker, but if kane is stood next to him it's difficult. But hopefully, mount can get in those positions, see rashford/Bruno/Antony making runs and creat chances

BarryWinks

Don't think he's all that and definitely think we could have got someone better at that price (or slightly more), but I will support him while he's here and hope he proves me wrong. Won't moan about the price now as there's no point.

Syphon Wallet

Simon Stone (and the BBC in general) are the most reliable but they'll never be the ones to break the news first.
Ornstein was doing stones job when he was at the BBC.
He's probably slightly looser with confirming facts now he's at the Athletic, but still very reliable.
Stone is reliable but obviously just confirms when things are done.

Status
Not open for further replies.