Mason Mount | Confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
I thought this was a pisstake from his agent to get him more moolah but there seems to be too much leverage now. Holy shit, this is seriously uninspiring. Is this really the best our scouting team and EtH can come up with?

Actually, of course it is, going by our track record, Chelsea rejects have generally always been part of the solution. The failed solution.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
I wouldn't mind him as a squad option, if he wasn't too pricey. But I wouldn't want him as a starting eleven player.

Siorac

The only logical reason to buy Mount I can think of is as a direct replacement for Donny. Still can't figure out where he fits in after a few hours of sleep.
The only reason I can think of is goals from midfield. We're not scoring enough as a team and a striker alone won't solve that.

But yeah I'm underwhelmed, too.

Wing Attack Plan R

I thought this was a pisstake from his agent to get him more moolah but there seems to be too much leverage now. Holy shit, this is seriously uninspiring. Is this really the best our scouting team and EtH can come up with?

Actually, of course it is, going by our track record, Chelsea rejects have generally always been part of the solution. The failed solution.
Its tradition: Mata, Matic, Mount. We buy Chelsea surplus as long as their name starts with M.

Wrecking ralf

Couldn’t we get Gravenberch for cheaper than this. He’d offer us so much more than mount. This won’t happen though, it’s just paper talk I reckon

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
*fingers in my ears because it’s not what I want to hear la la la la la*
It's actually just listening to what he said in his interview. It all stems from Mount's preference if he was to leave, would be us. He then says we'll bid 15m under the asking price.

When it comes from Ornstein it is to be taken seriously.
I am taking it seriously, which is why I'm concerned! I don't think it adds up though.

Real Name

Wasn't he decent to solid a year or 2 years ago. He dropped of a cliff but he's still young so maybe ETH knows that he's going if he wants the guy.

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?

I still wouldn't rule out it all being a ploy for higher wages. He is a Chelsea boy after all. And it's been reported they're reluctant to meet his wage demands.

ROFLUTION

At first I thought he'd be a good signing for the right amount of money, as someone who'd be close to substituting Eriksen, but he hasnt featured since Gameweek 26. How come? Injured a lot?

Remember the geese

It's actually just listening to what he said in his interview. It all stems from Mount's preference if he was to leave, would be us. He then says we'll bid 15m under the asking price.

I am taking it seriously, which is why I'm concerned! I don't think it adds up though.
I am resigned to it now. I assume this will be a case of McTominay out, Mount in. Rabiot probably to follow.

gajender

It doesn't infact Whitwell from Athletic who actually is used by United to put transfer news out isn't going big on it with confidence though he is backing his colleague but is still adding lots of caveats for it to happen .

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Improvements? Yes. Top quality? Not a chance imo. If we played a 433 and wanted Mount as the most attacking 8 or as a no.10 (if Bruno wasn't here) I could see the logic.

Our midfield would be better but at the end of next season I think we will still be questioning why we struggle to control games and how we need a deep playmaker/controlling midfielder next summer.
I don't think we should bet on signing one player that will make us control games. Firstly because there are only a few players like that (so most likely we won't get one), and secondly because this is more about the system. Brighton and Arsenal can do it (City have Rodri so that's a different story). We should be able to do it as well under ETH regime, but this season team lacks balance so I wouldn't judge him on that aspect now.

Giggsyking

So I read in this thread in the last 5 pages, his original position on the pitch is 5 different positions :lol:. Nobody knows where he plays.

BarstoolProphet

Previously winning the Champions League isn't a metric on how good a player is. Neither is being a clubs player of the season. If I remember correctly players such as Antonio Valencia and Ander Herrera have won our player of the season award in the past.

Mason Mount is an average player. Maybe he is a very slight upgrade on Scott and Fred but at that price we should stay well clear. Not to mention we'd be directly funding Chelsea's improvement too.

Buying Mason Mount for anything over £30m just isn't what well run clubs do.
Perhaps more fittingly - Juan Mata was also named Chelsea's POTY twice after winning the CL and EL.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Mount and MacAllister are both Wijnaldum type signings for me. Both can be very efficient parts of a cohesive system but neither truly outstanding or world class players like Caicedo can become for example.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Wasn't he decent to solid a year or 2 years ago. He dropped of a cliff but he's still young so maybe ETH knows that he's going if he wants the guy.
He’s called their Ji Sung Park by Chelsea fans.

That shouldn’t be underestimated how important Ji Sung Park was for us - not every player has to play like 11 Messi’s.

Apparently the managing managers love him & Ten Hag wantedd to manage him before. If the manager thinks he is good then I’ll be all for it, even if he has some of us still to prove.

Last edited:

Tom Van Persie

No relation
All the reports are saying ten Hag wants Mount and we have people in here coming up with crazy conspiracy theories about Arnold, Murtough and Ratcliffe. :lol:

Walter Sobchak

I'd bite your hand off for Mount at the right price. I'm not sure what people think building a competitive squad looks like but it's certainly not signing 2 world class proven talents in every position.

He's young, an absolute work-horse, every manager who works with him puts him in the line up immediately and he's still being courted but other top teams after a nightmare season for all Chelsea players.

gajender

He’s called their Ji Sung Park by Chelsea fans.

That shouldn’t be underestimated how important Ji Sung Park was for us - not every player has to play like 11 Messi’s.

Apparently the managing managers love him & Ten Hag has managed him before. If the manager thinks he is good then I’ll be all for it, even if he has some of us still to prove.
When did this happen ?

Mmm-Qatarian

All the reports are saying ten Hag wants Mount and we have people in here coming up with crazy conspiracy theories about Arnold, Murtough and Ratcliffe. :lol:
Yeah, it's extremely funny that people think this signing is being driven by Ratcliffe, who isn't even currently involved with the club, when all the journalists have said it's centred around Ten Hag's admiration for the player.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
He was their player of the year the last two seasons. It's just this season he's dropped off.

And given the shit-show that's gone on at Chelsea this season, I wouldn't overly condemn any player who has dropped off this year.

Woodzy

Can't believe we live in a day and age where squad players in the final year of their contract are being quoted for £60m.

Bondi77

He is a good player but the price is a bit silly...but aren't they all these days :houllier:

mikeyt

I'd have to seriously question ETH if he wants to throw £50+million at Mason fecking Mount.

Giggsyking

Can't believe we live in a day and age where squad players in the final year of their contract are being quoted for £60m.
We were once going to sell our best player and one of the best goalkeepers at the time to Real Madrid for 28m. But now buying a squad player who can not cut it at his own club for 60m on his last year of his contract.

talking robot

If Ten Hag wants him, I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. His recruitment record is far from perfect, but generally has been pretty good.

gajender

Smells like a Ten Hag move.

Edit.

Well, well, well.
Assuming if it's true .

Would we ever learn that giving Managers so much sway in recruitment has never been a great idea . Sometimes you have to save them from themselves .

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
We were once going to sell our best player and one of the best goalkeepers at the time to Real Madrid for 28m. But now buying a squad player who can not cut it at his own club for 60m on his last year of his contract.
I hope that doesn't refer to Mount? He was their player of the year the last two seasons in a row and is leaving because he's turned down their contract offers. That isn't a player not cutting it.

Status
Not open for further replies.