Mason Mount | Confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.

croadyman

Basically nobody wants Utd to sign Mount for that price. There's no pressure on the club to sign him. If we really want him we can easily wait a year. If we want to overspend on a player with 1 year left on his contract ffs just go and spend the extra money on Kane, because he will genuinely make a major difference for us. Beyond the fee being ridiculous, setting an ultimatum and going back on it will completely feck us for the rest of the window.
Completely agree we should push boat out for Kane & Onana as they would genuinely make a difference. We need to find a couple of midfielders who won't cost the earth

Mainoldo

They’ve just recouped over £100m for players that weren’t even in the new manager’s plans. Sounds like they’re pretty good at business even if they’ve made some super dumb mistakes at times.
Show me where they have recouped over 100m? They also seem to have great PR which is never questioned until it’s too obvious to be Overlooked.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Lingard's form at West Ham was a brief and obviously unsustainable purple patch. Comparing Mount to that is silly, he's generally a better player than Lingard by quite a massive amount.
OK Lingard at West Ham may have been too small a sample size. But I'm saying that, although they had good seasons, I never thought they were actually top level players that would deliver this for the rest of their careers like top players do. Another somewhat similar player, who I also felt the same about, was Dele Alli. Also talked up to high heavens on here. I agree actually with @TheMagicFoolBus that Mount, and all these other players are system players. But I think they don't have the individual quality to sustain it or operate to the same level elsewhere. It was the same with Mkhitaryan, Kagawa, Van de Beek. And it's not always possible to recreate the environment for these players to find that level again. Even Potter/Lampard couldn't get it out of him last season at the same club.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
Show me where they have recouped over 100m? They also seem to have great PR which is never questioned until it’s too obvious to be Overlooked.
Havertz will be done over the weekend for £65m. Kova likewise for between £25-30m. Ziyech, Koulibaly, and Mendy are reportedly in the medical/paperwork phase and will be done within days. That’s comfortably over £100m. And that’s before we sell Mount for another £50-60m. Plus I’m sure 2-3 more deadwood players will be sold.

lilcurt

£55m was a good deal for Chelsea. We need to walk away. Such an odd signing as if he comes in I can't see us signing cover for Casimero which is our biggest weakness in midfield.

Onana, Rice and Muani would be my choice and maybe achievable if we can sell Henderson, and Maguire or Mctominay. We are just so slow and redundant of ideas in the recruitment and negotiation department.

Mainoldo

Havertz will be done over the weekend for £65m. Kova likewise for between £25-30m. Ziyech, Koulibaly, and Mendy are reportedly in the medical/paperwork phase and will be done within days. That’s comfortably over £100m. And that’s before we sell Mount for another £50-60m. Plus I’m sure 2-3 more deadwood players will be sold.
No!! Tell me about the 100m business that they have officially done. We can count is once it’s done.

roseguy64

At least it’s a sure fire sign of whether or not our guys in charge have actually become capable or not. If we bend over here then I’m 100% behind the lot of them being sacked when the takeover is complete.

Need to stop being taken to the cleaners.
Can't say I disagree. I've defended Murtough and Arnold but if they cave in to paying the same amount for Havertz then they've not got the fortitude for their jobs. Give Chelsea a deadline to accept and only be flexible in payment schedules and the like. If it doesn't work, alternative target time.

jesperjaap

EtH also needs to understand that if United are to be better and more efficient with their budgets, he has to be prepared to stand firm on our offers as a club for transfers. If that means missing out on players because selling clubs are nickel and diming, so be it. Short term pain for long term gain.
I agree and wiith what somebody else respnded, its why we need new owners to for a more consiistent budget as much as a bigger one.

The stories seem to say we wont walk away, which is fooolish. I think this deal goes through and its £60m+ high 50s and lower add on or vice versa.

I would rather Caqueret who I think would be nearer £40 and maybe under.....or Caicedo or Barella for more. This isnt just my personal opinion that they are all better players and offer more as a career here....I think all three bring more all round to the probably role Mount would be filling.I think Mount offers a lot in the final third for us as an attacking threar and pressing, but I think we are weakest over all parts of the middle third of the pitch end to end....the other three I feel offer far more than Mount, not just defensively either

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
No!! Tell me about the 100m business that they have officially done. We can count is once it’s done.
So at this moment in time they’re idiots but in 2-3 days they’ll be geniuses?

Cman

£65m now or can sign him for free in January. No brainer

SamVimes

Third offer. Not good enough for Chelsea, fine walk away and sign him for free in 12 months.

Dominos

Basically nobody wants Utd to sign Mount for that price. There's no pressure on the club to sign him. If we really want him we can easily wait a year.
The pressure may come from Ten Hag if he's fed up of missing out on his first choice targets.

It also depends who the viable alternatives are.

"Sign him next summer for free" sounds great, but if we end up spending £60m on an alternative this summer, by next year the space in the team for Mount may not be as obvious.

I really think we need 2 midfielders this summer either way. I won't be happy if we don't reinforce our midfield this summer just so we can wait for Mount next year, when there's no 100% guarantee he ends up joining us anyway. If you don't strengthen the weak areas this summer you can pay the price next season. We've seen it before where we do all the hard work getting back into the top 4, then have a shit transfer window and we end up going backwards or stagnating.

Mac Allister honestly would have made so much more sense than this circus of chasing Mount for an extortionate price. No idea how we let him go to Liverpool for peanuts, or why he would choose Liverpool over us.

croadyman

Most underwhelming signing since Matic and the price would be insane. Crazy we're literally we're paying Chelsea to go buy a much better player in Caicedo.
Wouldn't say he is most underwhelming since Matic,however think the main reason we won't walk away from this deal to go for Caicedo is because they are different profile of midfielders

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
Fcuk em. Chelsea are being greedy. Time to reverse course; £40m or we’re done.
We can wait till next year for him if they don’t take our new offer.
Our scouting network should have other options lined up for a lot less money.

m1tch

I reckon we'll stick to our guns and not increase the £55m bid. He'll then sign for Liverpool for £40m.. United tax and all that.

Banana Republic

If the reports that it was a final offer, we’re true, then there should be no option but to take the offer off the table and walk away.
Now some press reports are saying that a face-to-face negotiation is now going to take place.
That could only result in having to pay more anyway.
So much for “final offer”.
Fecks sake! Don’t do it.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
I am done. Just walk away, and try to get him again in next winter window, for like 15m bid.

We should have an upper hand the longer it takes, not them.

croadyman

£55m was a good deal for Chelsea. We need to walk away. Such an odd signing as if he comes in I can't see us signing cover for Casimero which is our biggest weakness in midfield.

Onana, Rice and Muani would be my choice and maybe achievable if we can sell Henderson, and Maguire or Mctominay. We are just so slow and redundant of ideas in the recruitment and negotiation department.
We won't get Rice but there is real possibility of being able to sign the other two

MegadrivePerson

Walk away now or risk being taken like mugs again.

Mount is a good player but its not like he's some transformative player.

Kostov

Why even bother offering opinions on a potential signing if you don't know anything about the player potentially being signed?

May well be that Mac Allister is looked back on as better when all is said and done. Right now, though? There's literally nothing suggesting he's a better player.
His last season performance speaks that he is actually in better form and shape. And just like so many times with players form does play part.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
And? Liverpool just signed a World Cup winner without CL football, and we are being rejected at 55m pound for Mount who can join in a year time for free. Ornstein blubbering crap imo.
Sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.