Mason Mount | Confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.

saivet

If EtH wants a target and he is obtainable, just back him. We don't want EtH managing a squad of his 2nd and even 3rd choices.
Why not? Timber was reportedly a preferred target before we moved onto Martinez and we all know ETH would have preferred FDJ to Casemiro.

If the recruitment is efficient and they add value then moving onto secondary choice players shouldn't be an issue. If the aim of the game is to always get the managers no.1 target then others aren't doing their job well enough.

aeh1991

good. I can't believe there are people who really want this transfer to happen for 60m, if we could just wait and have him on a free. Let's move on to CF and GK targets.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
Yet another awful player for a disgusting fee, we are the worst negotiators in the world.
He will instantly join our list of unflushable players with no value on too high wages to ever sell.
Honestly the relentless optimism on this site gets a bit boring sometimes

redIndianDevil

Amazing that people still spout that nonsense after the past 10 years. Eth has already cost us with Antony, it's not something that should be a regular thing.
I wouldn’t blame EtH either, it’s not his job to scout players. He just has to coach them, if our scouts actually did their job in the January window we could have signed a competent striker on loan instead of Weghorst.

Resonance

Because giving into the whims of our managers so far have worked out so well for us?
There are obvious noticeable differences between this manager and previous ones, not just in the philosophy but in the culture. This is the most positive trajectory we have had since SAF, to not back the manager now would be idiotic.

Moston Red

Formerly Giggs1973
There are obvious noticeable differences between this manager and previous ones, not just in the philosophy but in the culture. This is the most positive trajectory we have had since SAF, to not back the manager now would be idiotic.
I think walking away from this transfer sends the right message. United are no longer transfer mugs. Hopefully….

redIndianDevil

What a load of shite. Even if this is true, how is bargaining powered by having more money to spend?
If we overpay for this transfer then there is nothing to do when we try to sign a striker, a position even more in demand and all our targets are in longer contracts.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
If that’s the case then why aren’t we pushing to sign a striker first then we’ll have a clear idea of what sort of budget we’ll have left over.
Because this was a straight forward deal up until the rejection yesterday. If we are true to leaks then we would probably move on to mount and return later if and when he pushes to leave, because that will reduce Chelseas bargaining position.

Withnail

Because all the “experienced” people running the club have made amazing transfers for us so far.

What is the point of this comment in a fan forum designed specifically for fans to opine about our club if only experts are allowed to say something?
Opinions are fine but it's my opinion that quite a few people are carrying on as if they're experts and give out about a process they clearly don't understand because they seem to like to complain about the club. Many don't even seem to understand the concept of negotiation but clearly everything the club does is wrong.

I'm saying some people should educate themselves a little bit before moaning about literally everything that goes on from a position of ignorance.

saivet

While true, that doesn't mean we should just give him whatever player he wants. His talent id was questioned last summer too and identifying transfer targets shouldn't be his primary job, nor should he be the one driving it.

The way I see it, Murtough should be the one driving our transfer strategy with the endorsement and input of ETH.

As many have said before Mane and Salah were not Klopp's first choice signings (he preferred Gotze and Brandt) but the recruitment team made the decision to go for them anyway.

redIndianDevil

EtH is a very good coach but his knowledge on available talents is extremely limited to Dutch players and players he has worked with before. He even asked us to go for Arnautovic purely because he knows the player. Weghorst is another example. It is absolutely idiotic to blindly provide what EtH asks especially after our setbacks for the last 8 years.

cyberman

If we overpay for this transfer then there is nothing to do when we try to sign a striker, a position even more in demand and all our targets are in longer contracts.
But how does having more money help our bargaining position?

Resonance

Why not? Timber was reportedly a preferred target before we moved onto Martinez and we all know ETH would have preferred FDJ to Casemiro.

If the recruitment is efficient and they add value then moving onto secondary choice players shouldn't be an issue. If the aim of the game is to always get the managers no.1 target then others aren't doing their job well enough.
Do you have a reliable source for this?

Casemiro is obviously an exception, nobody knew he was even available. One of the greatest CDMs of his generation... and FDJ was never obtainable.

Withnail

EtH is a very good coach but his knowledge on available talents is extremely limited to Dutch players and players he has worked with before. He even asked us to go for Arnautovic purely because he knows the player. Weghorst is another example. It is absolutely idiotic to blindly provide what EtH asks especially after our setbacks for the last 8 years.
I dont think anyone suggesting we blindly follow Ten Hag plucking names out of the air.

Kramer

It’s really simple. Walk away and Chelsea will eventually see sense closer to the end of the window.

It’s okay if he can’t join for pre-season.

Scottynaldinho

I looked at the first few pages of this thread thr the last few and now I'm confused at how he became a "must" singing for us from being "their Lingard".

I haven't seen him play much but the YouTube complications aren't inspiring.

Halftrack

Honestly the relentless optimism on this site gets a bit boring sometimes
I wish people would use more hyperbole and make even more confident statements about the performance and playing time of players that don't align reality.

Fooza

Are we not briefing that we walking away? or do Utd not work on Saturdays....

Irrational.

Feck Chelsea off and go for McTom/ Fred + £50 million for Caicedo. Mount can always join us next summer on a free, and we can have the pre-agreement in place in January.

Giggsyking

If EtH wants a target and he is obtainable, just back him. We don't want EtH managing a squad of his 2nd and even 3rd choices.
Martinez and Casemiro were our 2nd options.
Anthony was our first option.

Look how that turned out.

redIndianDevil

Opinions are fine but it's my opinion that quite a few people are carrying on as if they're experts and give out about a process they clearly don't understand because they seem to like to complain about the club. Many don't even seem to understand the concept of negotiation but clearly everything the club does is wrong.

I'm saying some people should educate themselves a little bit before moaning about literally everything that goes on from a position of ignorance.
It’s a fan forum. Are we not supposed to discuss about football unless we “educate” ourselves with it so we can understand? It is my opinion that there is no rocket science involved in transfers that only few experts can understand.

You need to be an expert to scout, analyse and identify talents across the world and come up with transfer targets. That is the difficult part. If clear to everyone that Chelsea are overvaluing a player in the last year of his contract. But people here don’t care about it and want us to fork over cash to a club we are on par with. It will directly strengthen them if they invest properly or Mount doesn’t work out for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.