Mass shooting at Gay night club in Orlando

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Ongoing incident and reports of a hostage situation

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Already idiots on twitter saying if people in the club had guns it would have been resolved immediately.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Already idiots on twitter saying if people in the club had guns it would have been resolved immediately.
You mean they're being serious?

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
Wild West style. Everyone carried a gun in those days and no one got shot, I don't think.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Imagine lots of people shooting each other in a packed small area?

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
There's also a disgusting, yet predictable, amount of homophobic bile on twitter as well.

People are crap.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
Imagine lots of people shooting each other in a packed small area?
Oh but they'd aim for the legs or something...

No one was ever killed by a gunshot wound to the leg, as movies like like Lethal Weapon, Die Hard, etc have been showing us since the 80s.

On topic - thats one serious case of repression.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
To be fair, people being armed probably would have helped in that situation. The thing is, if you get rid of the guns, the situation becomes a million times (possibly inaccurate stat) less likely to happen and would obviously have saved a lot of lives in America over the past whatever years.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
To be fair, people being armed probably would have helped in that situation. The thing is, if you get rid of the guns, the situation becomes a million times (possibly inaccurate stat) less likely to happen and would obviously have saved a lot of lives in America over the past whatever years.
Well no, hundreds of people all scared and firing multiple rounds whilst filled with adrenaline and alcohol probably wouldn't have helped to be honest.

Eyepopper

To be fair, people being armed probably would have helped in that situation.
Multiple people, in a crowded, relatively small space, full of drink and adrenaline..... with guns.

Yeah, that's not going to end well.

People watch too many movies.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Well no, hundreds of people all scared and firing multiple rounds whilst filled with adrenaline and alcohol probably wouldn't have helped to be honest.

I don't think it'd be hails of bullets coming from every direction while hundreds of people run in circles.
Of course it's a ridiculous situation, but I think in this scenario there's a chance it would end with less casualties.
I'm absolutely anti-gun, and think carrying guns in clubs would obviously lead to tonnes more deaths per year, but also believe it could end the situation quicker in a scenario like this.

Multiple people, in a crowded, relatively small space, full of drink and adrenaline..... with guns.

Yeah, that's not going to end well.

People watch too many movies.
^^

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
Sad state of affairs over there, when instead of people talking about how shocking the event is, instead it is just a regular event and just another item for the ongoing gun debate.

Thoughts are with all the people involved

Eyepopper

I don't think it'd be hails of bullets coming from every direction while hundreds of people run in circles.
Of course it's a ridiculous situation, but I think in this scenario there's a chance it would end with less casualties. I'm absolutely anti-gun, and think carrying guns in clubs would obviously lead to tonnes more deaths per year, but also believe it could end the situation quicker in a scenario like this.
One question, how do you identify the 'bad guy' in that situation?

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
One question, how do you identify the 'bad guy' in that situation?
The guy with the assault rifle attacking everyone? I'd give it 30 seconds before most people have scattered and there's a clear view of who the 'bad guy' is.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
The guy with the assault rifle attacking everyone?
What if he used a hand gun?

What if there's more than one shooter?

What if the people in the crowd aren't in any state to make a split second well informed tactical decision on who's who?

More guns will only ever result in more bodies. This isn't Hollywood where the bad guy raises his gun and then there's a dramatic pause befote everyone else raises their guns and the bad guy decides against it and goes home.

Eyepopper

The guy with the assault rifle attacking everyone?
Oh right, so the dozen armed guys down the back who draw their weapons when they hear gun fire are going to go check the CCTV to find out who the bad guy is.

Or maybe they're instinctively going to know what sort of weapon he has by the sound of the first shot,,,

... and obviously they'll just know by default that there is only one attacker.

One thing for sure is they're certainly not just going to start blasting the first guy they see holding a gun!

Gottcha....

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout

What if the people in the crowd aren't in any state to make a split second well informed tactical decision on who's who?

More guns will only ever result in more bodies. This isn't Hollywood where the bad guy raises his gun and then there's a dramatic pause befote everyone else raises their guns and the bad guy decides against it and goes home.
I said in this scenario. Like I said in the above post, it'll take about 30 seconds for the crowd to scatter and then there's going to be your man walking round looking for people execute with his 'long gun' as it says up there.

Eyepopper

They'll have British accents, and sinister moustaches... like in the movies.

Everyone knows there are no gay British people and that gay men don't have moustaches.

Thankfully Freddy Mercury is already dead... coz he'd be totally screwed.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I said in this scenario. Like I said in the above post, it'll take about 30 seconds for the crowd to scatter and then there's going to be your man walking round looking for people execute with his 'long gun' as it says up there.
Well for a start this scenario is a few hours old and we don't know what happened yet.

But again, this is real life not a movie and it's not that simple and straightforward.